The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Nikon D6 Possibly 60 megapixels

ptomsu

Workshop Member
A new D6 - if it is still DSLR - sounds to me like a homunculus camera from the beginning.

I cannot see anything than a high professional Z-mirrorless from Nikon as their top of the line camera they should bring next!

But who knows in times when companies bring out cameras like the Olympus EM1X that is for whom? really? professionals?

tcdeveau

Do amateurs shoot sports? What kind of sports can you shoot without a press pass?
Yes and pretty much anything.

A good specific example that comes to mind though is many shoot pictures of their children playing sports or doing whatever other activities they do.

The next sports shooting I plan to do is of my own son doing whatever he does. I personally will not be shelling out for a D5 or D6 or anything of that caliber to do so, but will be looking for something with better AF and higher FPS than anything I currently own (and a reasonably fast telephoto) when the time comes.

dave.gt

Do amateurs shoot sports? What kind of sports can you shoot without a press pass?
That was all I did for years including field sports, motor sports and indoor sports. All with the big D bodies. I stil prefer them because there is little that one can not do with them. :thumbs:

A D6 for me would be incredible, I would absolutely enjoy one and I am quite interested to see where the Nikon flagship is headed.

Last edited:

dave.gt

Sounds more like a D5X to me, and probably a competitor to Fuji medium format.
FWIW,

The larger body is a positive for using huge telephoto lenses. It is all about balance and stability, not to mention power. As much as I love the D850, it is not the same experience with the battery grip.

Smaller bodies have their place, but larger bodies also have their place in the photographic community. What Jack has mentioned makes perfect sense for me.

Meanwhile I shall trudge along with the D850, and borrow the H5D-50c when it needs to match up with a project.

Obviously, weight means nothing to me! Hahahaha, Lol!!! ..:loco: