The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

z7 & 500 PF?

doug

Is anyone using these together? Seems like it would be a good setup for longer hikes.

Swissblad

I think we'll see a report by Brad Hill soon.

The 500mmPF is a great little lens....I haven't made the jumpt to the Z system yet.....:toocool:

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Initial reports are that it is better than the 300 PF ... slight unsharp behavior with VR at slower shutter speeds.

The 300 is stellar on my Z 7 ... I shot some video recently ... 4K 24P 1/50 shutter ... both FF and DX crop ... rendered at HD.

https://vimeo.com/308603511

Password: Daysend

The 500 is on my short list ... I have a lot of R lenses adapted to the Z for video but nothing long.

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Doug,

With your focusing skills and subject I think the Z 7 would be a great choice ... the grip is so good ... would balance well with the 500 PF
even with the adapter.

I do hope that the AF algorithms can be improved over time.