The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica M to Nikon Z adapter

jdphoto

I know some of these have started shipping and was curious if anyone has any input. The thinner stack should bode well for the Nikon Z and wider lenses. I have a 50mm Lux Pre ASPH and a 28mm Elmarit that I'd like to try on the Z6.

V

Vivek

Z6 has an AA filter.

Z7 no AA filter.

There is a difference.

JohnBrew

I know some of these have started shipping and was curious if anyone has any input. The thinner stack should bode well for the Nikon Z and wider lenses. I have a 50mm Lux Pre ASPH and a 28mm Elmarit that I'd like to try on the Z6.
JD, did you get one? I would like to see an image of the adapter on the camera with lens if possible. It would be pretty cool to try out some Leica glass on that sensor.

Hmm...just saw where B&H doesn’t expect the Novoflex adapter until the end of Feb.

JPL

I use the Novoflex on the z7 - some Pictures are to be found in the fun with Nikon z thread.
So far i used 15 4.5 voigtländer (first version), 21 2.8 Asph, 35 2.0 v4, 50 2.0 v5, 90 2.0 Asph - These work well.

JP

V

Vivek

JPL, Could you let me know the inner diameter of the adapter on the camera side?

Thanks! :)

jdphoto

How does the AA filter effect wide angle performance on the Z6 when adapting Leica M to Nikon Z? Thanks

Arne Hvaring

The Kipon adapter should probably be avoided if my experience is anything to go by. I got one because the Novoflex was unavailable at the time. When mounting the lenses, they moved about one third of the required rotation, then stopped. As if they hit a metal edge. Even using reasonable force would not move the lens further. Tried Leica, Zeiss and Voigtländer lenses with the same result.

jdphoto

JD, did you get one? I would like to see an image of the adapter on the camera with lens if possible. It would be pretty cool to try out some Leica glass on that sensor.

Hmm...just saw where B&H doesn’t expect the Novoflex adapter until the end of Feb.
I did not, but I think B&H gets a new shipment soon.

jdphoto

Ok, I finally received the Novoflex M to Z adapter and tried it on my 50mm Lux Pre-ASPH. I have to say it works pretty good! I only took a few pics, but will try it during a portrait shoot soon. The Z is amazing for getting sharp focus right off the sensor at 1.4. The short flange and thin UVIR really bode well for this combo.
IBIS is also a nice option for low light and the micro contrast seems excellent too.
A quick pic showing color and sharpness. I think this was at f/5.6

Photon42

I agree the adapter works well. Just tried a WATE from a friend the other day. Works really well. Not sure what Nikon really had in mind when they designed the Z7 with the wonderfully thin sensor glass stack, but for someone with M lenses it is definitely a winner.

jdphoto

Here's a Z7 with Novoflex adapter. This is an incredibly light camera rig for street/landscapes, etc. MF off the sensor means more success better accuracy than its M counterparts, imo.

Last edited: