Site Sponsors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: d850 vs d810

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: d850 vs d810

Quote Originally Posted by robdeszan View Post
    Like I said earlier, the "mushiness" comes from the drawing differences inherent to a Foevon vs CMOS sensors. Both are capable cameras, I owned and shot both in the past; hence my original post to revisit the d810 but, notice, not the Merrill. It is more of a comment on the image rendering characteristic of both technologies.
    Cool!
    Dave (GT)

Best quote of the day: "Always be kind to others, behind every face is some kind of pain."

Post Thanks / Like

I'm curious how the Nikon 135mm f/2 DC lens would perform on the D850?
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Me, too! Time to research it myself!

Then I can compare to the 200/2.0:

https://www.flickr.com/groups/200f2/pool/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/561595...in/pool-200f2/

Both are amazing!
    Dave (GT)

Best quote of the day: "Always be kind to others, behind every face is some kind of pain."

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by jdphoto View Post
    I'm looking forward to get myself putting my 135/2DC and 105/2DC on the Z7, while they draw in a dreaming way at the Df, and I'm curious how it will get handled by the Z7 ...
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

The FTZ adapter only works AF with newer lenses like the G models, but MF on the Z's is the best i've ever used on any camera. Good bargains on the 135/105mm f.2.
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jdphoto View Post
    Hi,
    I used the 135 DC with film on my F5 many moons ago and on a D3x not so many moons ago. The lens is not very sharp wide open. By f4 it tightens up. If you want a bit of softness for people, or other types of shots wide open or at 2.8, you may like it.

My 105 DC is sharper at f2 and quite good at 2.8, even on my D800e. This was a nice surprise.
    Paul

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

The 105DC is FAR superior to the 135DC. More, the 135DC has such a heavy front group that over time it tends to develop some wobble and loss of alignment. The added front weight also makes it relatively fragile against bumps for the same reason...

Actually, if there's a lens I regret selling, the 105DC is probably it. I had the 85/1.4G and used it more, but I find myself yearning for the 105 now that I don't have it

Personally, I never cottoned up to the 135 focal, much preferred the 180, though it was sometimes too tight. That's where the 70-200 came in, but it's a tank. I finally settled on a Sigma 150 macro. Not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but at least as sharp as the best 180/2.8 Nikkors or the zoom at 150, and sharper than the 135 DC. I find it a very compelling lens and focal to use for *my* style of shooting, and of course has the added bennie of macro. Respect YMMV...

PS: I still struggle not having a 105... I keep thinking maybe the Nikon macro, but I'd likely never use it as a macro with the Sigma 150 available, so for the time being I'm sans 105 except my zoom. Which I really don't like...
    Jack
    home: www.getdpi.com

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

..bought the 135DC + the 105DC + the 180/2.8D from new on your advice Jack (and certainly no blame) but I think the 135DC have some magical drawing(so I won't leave it), the 180 too, but perhaps mostly the 135DC in my head. I haven't used the 105DC yet but now I'm really looking forward to it. The 135DC certainly don't have the bite as the Sigma 135 (got a pal who bought the Sigma but he still regret not buying the 135DC instead, after looking at my pictures) but the 135DC certainly has something else, and with a lovely character I think, and with the Z7 so easy to MF as JD pointed out, there might be sweet going-back-times in the near future ...
    some old reviews:
    https://www.opticallimits.com/review...report?start=2
    https://www.opticallimits.com/review...report?start=2
    PS. just a repition of the duck-mother & children (in my head the water back there is simply just to die for):
    nikkor 135DC at f2 (iso280 1/1000) on a Df though (I just never use the DC-function):

Last edited by Thorkil; 30th March 2019 at 07:00.
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Thorkil View Post
    .... think the 135DC have some magical drawing..... the 135DC certainly has something else, and with a lovely character...
    same here
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

When I sold off my last Nikon body there were few lenses I kept anyway. The 105DC is one of them. Each time I used it it amazed me with its natural looking IQ, great colors, lovely bokeh and gentle rendering.
    Now I have Nikon bodies again (F6 and Z6) - I wish the AFD lenses would AF as well on the adapter...