The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Top three 50mm lenses for D850?

dave.gt

Another week done with the Nikon 50mm 1.8 G and I am still impressed! I have not found any negative about this lens and it just gives me a lot!

It works great on my old cameras (F80/D3100/etc.), too!

This lens should be in everyone's bag.:)

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Another week done with the Nikon 50mm 1.8 G and I am still impressed! I have not found any negative about this lens and it just gives me a lot!

It works great on my old cameras (F80/D3100/etc.), too!

This lens should be in everyone's bag.:)
Dave,

It is a great little lens, especially for the money. I've owned it and the 1.4G, and the ART. When I got the ART, I sold the faster G figuring I'd never want to grab it over the ART and then kept the 1.8G for travel. End of day, I personally missed the 1.4G -- it was far lighter than the ART and not much heavier than the 1.8G; AND IMHO, the 1.4G delivered just a teensy bit more than the 1.8G overall. And so I bought another 1.4G to confirm, was happy again, so sold the 1.8G and kept the ART a bit longer until I realized I always grabbed the 1.4G instead.

MY only point here is, you owe it to yourself to at least try out the 1.4G -- but in that I'm taking nothing away from the little 1.8 ;)