The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Nikon D860

jdphoto

I've read about a few new camera codes registered under Nikon. Could one of these be the Nikon D860? If so, what features would you like or expect on this new camera? DSLR's are not going away anytime soon, and that's a good thing!

dave.gt

Anybody's guess... however, with the new D6 coming (maybe 60mp?), the D860 may just be the smaller version. I must admit to wanting a D5 right now...:thumbup:

dave.gt

Really? I’m past the point of caring.
John, I am curious...why is that? No need for an ultra-high performance camera for action sports? I thought I was done with that, but now..,, not sure.

In the near future, our grandkids are going to be involved in various activities where a D5 would be perfect for the action shots. I really enjoyed that work in the past and who knows, I might try to get back into it. The D6, higher mp and fast buffers, along with new enhancements would be awesome but... I can't afford it.:banghead:

For now, I am just dreaming!!!:thumbup:

foveon

..the new D6 coming (maybe 60mp?)...
the one digit D`s are made for sport shooters, beside AF etc. the most important thing is clear high ISO to have shortest exposure times, using a long lense 1/640 often is much to long, you need 1/2000 or shorter to get movement frozen. And with a sensel three time the size you reach much cleaner high ISO.

A D860 maybe willn`t be this big difference to the D850, more like D800 to D810.

dave.gt

the one digit D`s are made for sport shooters, beside AF etc. the most important thing is clear high ISO to have shortest exposure times, using a long lense 1/640 often is much to long, you need 1/2000 or shorter to get movement frozen. And with a sensel three time the size you reach much cleaner high ISO.

A D860 maybe willn`t be this big difference to the D850, more like D800 to D810.
Well, the D* bodies are used a lot in weddings, landscapes, and many other areas. They are not really a one-trick pony IMO... but while I prefer the larger forms, a lot of people prefer smaller camera forms. You are correct... Professional sports photography does have a certain need for the larger D bodies as I found out years ago when I started shooting action sports. The faster the better and the possibilities of increased and faster buffers are a dream come true. What I do not like is having to go through thousands of images after a football game.:facesmack:

So, it is no wonder I am enjoying landscapes and portraits more these days.:grin: