The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Nikon D6 - Delayed?

dave.gt

According to this, we will wait a bit longer for the release of a new D6, while Nikon works out some issues:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nikonrumors.com/2019/04/17/nikon-d6-update.aspx/amp/

That is fine with me, as I have some trading fever building and I would love a nice D2x to start my collection of the large single-digit D bodies, besides, for a company like Nikon to avoid a rush to market is rare, it shows integrity.

Kudos to Nikon.:thumbup:

Now, hurry up!

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
At least we now know that it's on its way. For some reason it makes me very happy to see that Nikon is continuing to make these excellent tools, and that they are upgrading and developing. They are a joy to use, although a bit too large for my current travel activities.

Having worked for many years with a D2Xs, I don't see any alterentives to the Nikon single digit bodies and the corresponding Canon bodies. Many seem to think that it's all about frame rates and high ISO, something that can easilly be replicated with a mirrorless camera, but it isn't. It's about physical properties, ergonomics and trust. It's about knowing that the camera won't stop working after a drop to the ground and that the battery will last for most of the day or longer. Olympus is on the right track with their E-M1X of course, and I wouldn't mind having one of those either, but I still think that mirrorless has a way to go to compete. The optical viewfinder is still the only viewfinder with 0% delay and the only one that works even if the camera isn't switched on. Sometimes, details like that matter.

Will I buy one? Probably not. I don't need one and I don't have the money. It doesn't matter. I enjoy it all the same :)

dave.gt

At least we now know that it's on its way. For some reason it makes me very happy to see that Nikon is continuing to make these excellent tools, and that they are upgrading and developing. They are a joy to use, although a bit too large for my current travel activities.

Having worked for many years with a D2Xs, I don't see any alterentives to the Nikon single digit bodies and the corresponding Canon bodies. Many seem to think that it's all about frame rates and high ISO, something that can easilly be replicated with a mirrorless camera, but it isn't. It's about physical properties, ergonomics and trust. It's about knowing that the camera won't stop working after a drop to the ground and that the battery will last for most of the day or longer. Olympus is on the right track with their E-M1X of course, and I wouldn't mind having one of those either, but I still think that mirrorless has a way to go to compete. The optical viewfinder is still the only viewfinder with 0% delay and the only one that works even if the camera isn't switched on. Sometimes, details like that matter.

Will I buy one? Probably not. I don't need one and I don't have the money. It doesn't matter. I enjoy it all the same :)
I will buy one! But it will be a few years, after depreciation has brought the price down to something I can (barely/hardly) afford.:ROTFL: So, in the meantime, I am having a lot of fun with my D2x. I only need the 70-200 2.8 but it is not possible now. So, I re-bond with the D body that served me so well in the past shooting sports and weddings.

Eventually, I would love to set my sights on a D4 and a D5. Dreams are good right?:)

The D2x has revived my bond with that particular body for all the reasons Jorgen just listed. Plus, it is like a favorite pair of old blue jeans... comfort and perfect for everything pretty much.

This Fall, I shall be using it in a different fashion than ever before... Artistic expression where megapixels and perfection are not required. Medium format can handle that for me when needed.

I just love the liberation of using the D2x and I am looking forward to the discovery process.:thumbup: