Site Sponsors
Results 1 to 45 of 45

Thread: Nikons Best is Back in Stock

  1. #1
    Senior Member dave.gt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Atlanta, USA
    Posts
    1,501
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Nikons Best is Back in Stock

    NA reminder, Nikon still makes the world's best 35mm film camera, the F6.

    I just received notice from B&H Photo that it is BACK IN STOCK!

    ***So why am I posting this here in the Nikon GetDPI forum? There are many reasons, including the fact that many of us still shoot film and have or recently owned the Nikon F6. The best is still here!


    What's in your bag, a lonely Nikon digital? Splurge a little and enjoy life while you can, you may just be pleasantly surprised and wonder why you waited so long!

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bhp...ocus.html/amp/
    Last edited by dave.gt; 2nd May 2019 at 05:53.
    Best regards,
    Dave (GT)
    Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 5 Member(s) liked this post

  2. #2
    Senior Member dave.gt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Atlanta, USA
    Posts
    1,501
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: Nikons Best is Back in Stock

    Time to get another one.... I wish!
    Best regards,
    Dave (GT)
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

  3. #3
    Senior Member DougDolde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Joshua Tree, CA
    Posts
    810
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nikons Best is Back in Stock

    I can't see shooting film ever again

  4. #4
    Senior Member dave.gt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Atlanta, USA
    Posts
    1,501
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: Nikons Best is Back in Stock

    Quote Originally Posted by DougDolde View Post
    I can't see shooting film ever again
    Cool!!!

    I never stopped!
    Best regards,
    Dave (GT)

  5. #5
    Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pratamnak
    Posts
    10,602
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2475

    Re: Nikons Best is Back in Stock

    I had one, will buy it again. Fantastic camera, and beautiful too.

    On my next travels, I'll probably mostly be shooting film for things that are not work related. I've been editing lots of photos lately, digital photos, since they mostly need editing. And my right shoulder is hurting. Back to shooting film for a while, fewer photos, better photos, little or no editing (lab does the scanning), better shoulder.

    Humans were not designed to sit behind computers. Humans were designed to enjoy life, roam free, drink wine and shoot film
    https://www.un.org/en/sections/un-ch...r-i/index.html
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 5 Member(s) liked this post

  6. #6
    Member Thor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    20
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nikons Best is Back in Stock

    Can't believe I am about to say this...... but it's just a tad bit more than I am willing to pay. I still like the thought of shooting film but most likely will be buying a film Pentax 645 for that so I can get extra use out of the lenses I already own for the D.

  7. #7
    Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pratamnak
    Posts
    10,602
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2475

    Re: Nikons Best is Back in Stock

    Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    Can't believe I am about to say this...... but it's just a tad bit more than I am willing to pay. I still like the thought of shooting film but most likely will be buying a film Pentax 645 for that so I can get extra use out of the lenses I already own for the D.
    For 35mm film, as a starting point, I can recommend the F80. I bought mine new for $100 a few years ago, and it's an excellent camera. Actually, it's the same body as the Nikon D100, Kodak 14n and Fuji S2/S3.

  8. #8
    Workshop Member ptomsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Austria, close to Vienna
    Posts
    4,664
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nikons Best is Back in Stock

    For shooting film I have my Nikon F3, FM2, Olympus OM-2n and Leica M6 and MP and that is more than adequate

    No need to buy anything new again for a dying medium!
    Last edited by ptomsu; 3rd May 2019 at 00:37.

  9. #9
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    pegelli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    3,045
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nikons Best is Back in Stock

    Quote Originally Posted by ptomsu View Post
    For shooting film I have my F3 and M6 and that is more than adequate

    No need to buy anything new again for a dying medium!
    +1

    Also for film I appreciate small size and light weight, so my M2, OM2 and OM4 will do just fine, probably with one or two lenses this will still be smaller and lighter than the F6 "brick"
    My Pics
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  10. #10
    Workshop Member ptomsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Austria, close to Vienna
    Posts
    4,664
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nikons Best is Back in Stock

    Quote Originally Posted by pegelli View Post
    +1

    Also for film I appreciate small size and light weight, so my M2, OM2 and OM4 will do just fine, probably with one or two lenses this will still be smaller and lighter than the F6 "brick"
    Fully agree!

    And what I would have to add is - when I decide to shoot film I am intentionally slowing down my whole process so I do not even want AF and rather very much prefer MF that all my film cameras offer me

    Having owned the F5 and F4 bricks, I see no need to by another F6 brick

  11. #11
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    2,695
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    52

    Re: Nikons Best is Back in Stock

    Quote Originally Posted by dave.gt View Post
    NA reminder, Nikon still makes the world's best 35mm film camera, the F6.

    I just received notice from B&H Photo that it is BACK IN STOCK!

    ***So why am I posting this here in the Nikon GetDPI forum? There are many reasons, including the fact that many of us still shoot film and have or recently owned the Nikon F6. The best is still here!


    What's in your bag, a lonely Nikon digital? Splurge a little and enjoy life while you can, you may just be pleasantly surprised and wonder why you waited so long!

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bhp...ocus.html/amp/
    I occasionally shoot a roll of 35mm TRX on my Leica M3, develop it, scan it and process it it - just to remind myself how much better digital capture is -
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  12. #12
    Senior Member dave.gt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Atlanta, USA
    Posts
    1,501
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: Nikons Best is Back in Stock

    Quote Originally Posted by ptomsu View Post
    Fully agree!

    And what I would have to add is - when I decide to shoot film I am intentionally slowing down my whole process so I do not even want AF and rather very much prefer MF that all my film cameras offer me

    Having owned the F5 and F4 bricks, I see no need to by another F6 brick
    Such negative comments! Why is that?

    Was there anything in the OP that invited trolling or arguments? Why are so many photographers so eager to be argumentative? Film photogs should rejoice that Nikon still makes the F6! This Nikon forum is almost a dead forum due to inactivity. I contribute interesting posts to help it along. Maybe I should not continue to do so, I apologize if there is a social line I crossed that pissed off anyone to the point they had to issue negative comments. That was not the reason I posted on the Nikon forum of all places.

    The only reason I post in any forum is for the positive experience of learning, sharing and fun. I have owned or used every camera mentioned above but I do not post negative comments about any of them.

    My Leica M cameras are gone for a reason but I loved them despite their limitations. I do not diss them though. My F80 is fun, and it can do anything I want. It just doesn't have the same experience or feel of the F6 for good reason.

    It is the recognized pinnacle of Nikon SLR design and as such is the only one left standing. For those who wants to experience a new F6 before it is gone, the opportunity to buy new is here... (At a fraction of the cost of most cameras on this entire forum. I bought my Nikon F6 four years ago from Japan at $600. Mint condition and Nikon Service inspected the camera before it was shipped to me. Perfect condition, for little money. I do not own it any more because of severe financial conditions due to medical expenses, but I would hope to buy another one someday.)

    Using the word "brick", a pejorative term, is unnecessary. If you like/want an item, go for it. If not, simply pass. There is no need to be negative about the products a lot of us use and appreciate and like to discuss on a forum. But it is more than the camera itself... People are different, we should respect that fact and respect their preferences.

    I hope this forum will continue to be a friendly and considerate place as I have come to expect over the part two years.
    Best regards,
    Dave (GT)
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  13. #13
    Workshop Member ptomsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Austria, close to Vienna
    Posts
    4,664
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nikons Best is Back in Stock

    Quote Originally Posted by dave.gt View Post
    Such negative comments! Why is that?

    Was there anything in the OP that invited trolling or arguments? Why are so many photographers so eager to be argumentative? Film photogs should rejoice that Nikon still makes the F6! This Nikon forum is almost a dead forum due to inactivity. I contribute interesting posts to help it along. Maybe I should not continue to do so, I apologize if there is a social line I crossed that pissed off anyone to the point they had to issue negative comments. That was not the reason I posted on the Nikon forum of all places.

    The only reason I post in any forum is for the positive experience of learning, sharing and fun. I have owned or used every camera mentioned above but I do not post negative comments about any of them.

    My Leica M cameras are gone for a reason but I loved them despite their limitations. I do not diss them though. My F80 is fun, and it can do anything I want. It just doesn't have the same experience or feel of the F6 for good reason.

    It is the recognized pinnacle of Nikon SLR design and as such is the only one left standing. For those who wants to experience a new F6 before it is gone, the opportunity to buy new is here... (At a fraction of the cost of most cameras on this entire forum. I bought my Nikon F6 four years ago from Japan at $600. Mint condition and Nikon Service inspected the camera before it was shipped to me. Perfect condition, for little money. I do not own it any more because of severe financial conditions due to medical expenses, but I would hope to buy another one someday.)

    Using the word "brick", a pejorative term, is unnecessary. If you like/want an item, go for it. If not, simply pass. There is no need to be negative about the products a lot of us use and appreciate and like to discuss on a forum. But it is more than the camera itself... People are different, we should respect that fact and respect their preferences.

    I hope this forum will continue to be a friendly and considerate place as I have come to expect over the part two years.
    Sorry but for me (I owned them all F4 and F5 even 2x) these cameras were feeling like bricks. This is not anything negative intended from my side, just stating that these kind of cameras were just too big for my use.

    If you like that and like the F6 there is nothing wrong with it and you should enjoy it! But you cannot forbid anyone to have and voice a different opinion, especially when this person (like me) owned a big number of Nikon film DSLRs and knows what he is talking about.

    Finally I strictly negate that I am trolling any of these forums here and I would really ask you to refrain from calling this trolling as otherwise I must assume that it is you who is posting here in order to start trolling.

    Best

    Peter

  14. #14
    Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pratamnak
    Posts
    10,602
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2475

    Re: Nikons Best is Back in Stock

    The F6 is anything but a brick. Although it's almost a kilogram, it's slim build and excellent ergonomics makes it very easy to handle. The D850, to take an example, is heavier, thicker and offers inferior ergonomics in my view. Look at the top profile of these two, the F6 and the D700:



    Here's the F6 and the D850:

    https://camerasize.com/compact/#718,193,ha,t

    As for film being dead or dying, in spite of being replaced by cars decades ago, horse riding is still an Olympic sport. Film won't die because many people won't use it. For some it's alive and well, just like painting and other forms of visual art that are more complicated than digital photography.

  15. #15
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    bensonga's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    2,770
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1018

    Re: Nikons Best is Back in Stock

    I applaud Nikon for continuing to produce this outstanding film camera. It is certainly the technological pinnacle of their F series line while also being smaller than the F4 and F5, for obvious design reasons. If it feels as solid as a “brick”, that doesn’t bother me at all. It is an amazingly capable camera and smaller than many of the DSLRs I use and enjoy. It has more features than many of us need or want from a film camera, but for those still shooting film who do and prefer to buy new, it is great that Nikon continues to offer the F6.

    Like Dave, I bought a near mint used F6 a few years ago (although I had to pay about twice the price he did). For me, it was to complete a collection of the trio of 35mm titans from Nikon, Canon and Leica.

    Battle of the Titans: Nikon F6, Canon EOS-1V, Leica R9

    Many here have strong opinions and don’t hesitate to share them. I often find things to like in almost all the photo gear I see, but unfortunately I have neither the funds or space to get all the gear I like. I would not characterize the comments made above as trolling, but I certainly understand Dave’s frustration and disappointment with the negativity. Whether you personally like the F6 or not, still shoot film or not etc is really not the point.

    For those who do love the F6, Dave was simply sharing some great news.

    Gary
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  16. #16
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    pegelli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    3,045
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nikons Best is Back in Stock

    Quote Originally Posted by Jorgen Udvang View Post
    The F6 is anything but a brick. Although it's almost a kilogram, it's slim build and excellent ergonomics makes it very easy to handle.
    Well, this again shows ergonomics is very personal.

    When I visited the US on business I was several times tempted to get an F6 and every time I handled one (rented from a shop for the weekend) I came away dissapointed, it didn't feel good in my hands and almost a kilo without the lens for me justifies the "brick"status. None of my DSLR's (even the too heavy A850 behemoth) came close to that weight. Allthough I wanted AF (to replace my OM's) neither the Canon's nor the Nikon's gave me a warm feeling so I finally stayed with MF until I got my first DSLR.

  17. #17
    Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pratamnak
    Posts
    10,602
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2475

    Re: Nikons Best is Back in Stock

    Here is the F6 with two friends and their 50mm f/1.8:



    D850 with 50mm f/1.8: 1,191g
    F6 with 50mm f/1.8: 1,192g
    Z7 with 50mm f/1.8: 1,000g

    The comparison is both unfair and irrelevant of course, but it does detract from the myth that everything has become smaller and lighter with digital. It hasn't. Images are sharper and colours are cleaner and brighter, but the photos seen from an artistic or story telling point of view haven't changed much.

  18. #18
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    pegelli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    3,045
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nikons Best is Back in Stock

    Quote Originally Posted by dave.gt View Post
    Such negative comments! Why is that?

    Was there anything in the OP that invited trolling or arguments? Why are so many photographers so eager to be argumentative?
    C'mon Dave, While I liked your quest for film you should have known that if you call something "the best " people who have a different assessment of that camera will give different opinions and perspectives. That's not negative, that's providing a different viewpoint from your own. I think a lot more is lost if we can't give and handle different opinions on something like a photographic tool..

  19. #19
    Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pratamnak
    Posts
    10,602
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2475

    Re: Nikons Best is Back in Stock

    Quote Originally Posted by pegelli View Post
    C'mon Dave, While I liked your quest for film you should have known that if you call something "the best " people who have a different assessment of that camera will give different opinions and perspectives. That's not negative, that's providing a different viewpoint from your own. I think a lot more is lost if we can't give and handle different opinions on something like a photographic tool..
    Those who call the F6 Nikon's best are mostly those who own or have owned one. There's a reason for that and there's a reason why they still make it. No other camera that I have owned or borrowed comes even close to the user experince of the F6. It's my subjective opinion of course, but I say that after having used one for several years. I sold it only because I needed the money urgently. Interestingly, when I put it up for sale together with some of my best digital gear last year, the F6 was what left the shop the same day as I handed it over. The dugital stuff took weeks or months to sell, and some of it is still at the shop.

  20. #20
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    pegelli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    3,045
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nikons Best is Back in Stock

    Quote Originally Posted by Jorgen Udvang View Post
    Those who call the F6 Nikon's best are mostly those who own or have owned one.
    Jorgen, I indeed never owned one, but if a camera can't convince me going out shooting from late friday to late sunday I don't think I would have really warmed up to it if I would have kept it longer. However I have absolutely no problem with your opinion that it was the ideal camera for you or others, but what I don't like is that people who have a different opinion are being painted as negative trolls and are suggested to just shut up and accept what some people feel is the majority opinion. I know you are not like that (at least from what I see you have no problem speaking up if you see something you don't agree with ) but I think everybody here should be able to speak their mind here as long as they are not insulting or ad-hominem attacking other members.

  21. #21
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    pegelli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    3,045
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nikons Best is Back in Stock

    Quote Originally Posted by Jorgen Udvang View Post
    The comparison is both unfair and irrelevant of course, but it does detract from the myth that everything has become smaller and lighter with digital. It hasn't. Images are sharper and colours are cleaner and brighter, but the photos seen from an artistic or story telling point of view haven't changed much.
    Well, I've never bought into that myth. If you want lightweight/smaller stuff you have to carefully select bodies and lenses (just like in the SLR and DSLR days). But if you do you can still go out with a Full Frame body and 2-3 lenses far below the 1 kilo of the Z7 and 1 lens.

    By the time you drop the format to APS-C or M4/3 there is really no competition with these "latest/greatest/newest" systems

  22. #22
    Workshop Member ptomsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Austria, close to Vienna
    Posts
    4,664
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nikons Best is Back in Stock

    Quote Originally Posted by Jorgen Udvang View Post
    The F6 is anything but a brick. Although it's almost a kilogram, it's slim build and excellent ergonomics makes it very easy to handle. The D850, to take an example, is heavier, thicker and offers inferior ergonomics in my view. Look at the top profile of these two, the F6 and the D700:



    Here's the F6 and the D850:

    https://camerasize.com/compact/#718,193,ha,t

    As for film being dead or dying, in spite of being replaced by cars decades ago, horse riding is still an Olympic sport. Film won't die because many people won't use it. For some it's alive and well, just like painting and other forms of visual art that are more complicated than digital photography.
    Well, this shows how subjective all this discussion is. For you the F6 is small and ok, for me the top design of a film camera looks and looked always different. For me the best Nikon SLR is and will always be the F3 which I have owned and shot a lot and still own a mint sample. As soon as Nikon SLRs got AF (F4 and F5) they ran into brick territory and if anyone feels offended with the word "brick" I shall state that I feel sorry for that and do not want to offend anybody, but you also could call it oversized or huge or whatever.

    As a long year shooter of Nikon and also Leica (R3, R4, R4s, R6, R7 and finally R9 with a DMR I found the same happening to Leica R line as well - this line was pretty nice and small especially from R4 to R7 but as soon as the R8 and R9 appeared they were also "brisk" or simply huge. It anyway did not matter to me as I shot a R9/DMR combo (that was a real brik) for several years with huge pleasure as well as success.

    But back to today - meanwhile mirrorless cameras have made me very sensitive to whatever large cameras we discussed above. So I am even more sensitive to size than I was years ago and would never go back. This is also he reason why I abandoned MF (film as well as digital) and I could not be happier.

    So for casual film shooting I prefer my F3 and then maybe my OM-2n and sometimes my M6. But that's it and this only happens maybe 3-5% of when I shoot as fit in general has become far too cumbersome to handle for me nowadays.

    And I do hope I do not again offend somebody with my opinion - but hey this forum should also be possible to share individual opinions.
    Life is an ever changing journey
    http://photography.tomsu.eu/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/peter_...tography/sets/
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

  23. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    A bit north of Copenhagen
    Posts
    1,924
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    705

    Re: Nikons Best is Back in Stock

    ..as a happy Z7 owner I would not even consider a F6 even though it might be a wonderful camera...(19.000 danish kr. in Denmark, its close to a Z7)(still got the F80 by the way..about the same size as the Z7 which is just 7mm's wider and 70 gram heavier)
    but instead I might better consider dusting the Hasselblad SWC of, and put some film in (I always dreamt of getting used to guess the light condition so that one didn't have to use a meter, and using it as a B&W hipshot-camera - or perhaps just get the GR along as meter for safety)
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  24. #24
    Senior Member Elderly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    466
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nikons Best is Back in Stock

    Quote Originally Posted by Jorgen Udvang View Post
    I had one, will buy it again. ........

    .... Back to shooting film for a while, fewer photos, better photos, little or no editing (lab does the scanning), better shoulder.

    Humans were not designed to sit behind computers. Humans were designed to enjoy life, roam free, drink wine and ......

    Jorgen I agree that we are not designed to do what I'm doing at this moment (sitting IN FRONT of a computer) .

    But I'm mystified by your implication that shooting film will give you "better photos",
    because a few post further down you state:
    "……. digital. …….. Images are sharper and colours are cleaner and brighter, but the photos seen from an artistic or story telling point of view haven't changed much. "

    I see no negatives written there .

    And of course you intend to buy one
    Ian.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  25. #25
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    bensonga's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    2,770
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1018

    Re: Nikons Best is Back in Stock

    For those here who do appreciate the F6 or still enjoy the experience of shooting film, I suggest you visit John Crane's "F6 Project" and his related blogs, journals and portfolios of images. Most of his images have been taken with 35mm and medium format film.

    Not surprisingly, John dedicated his original website to "the last, greatest 35mm film camera ever made."

    Nikon F6: Simply the best 35mm film camera ever made.

    http://www.nikonf6.net/

    https://www.bluehourjournal.com/f6-project/

    Gary
    Last edited by bensonga; 3rd May 2019 at 10:43.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  26. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Neutral Zone
    Posts
    237
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nikons Best is Back in Stock

    Quote Originally Posted by ptomsu View Post
    For shooting film I have my Nikon F3, FM2, Olympus OM-2n and Leica M6 and MP and that is more than adequate

    No need to buy anything new again for a dying medium!
    It just means an F6 would be in good company . Just got a used one recently. Stunning piece of a camera.
    My Gallery
    Instagram
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

  27. #27
    Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pratamnak
    Posts
    10,602
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2475

    Re: Nikons Best is Back in Stock

    Quote Originally Posted by Elderly View Post
    Jorgen I agree that we are not designed to do what I'm doing at this moment (sitting IN FRONT of a computer) .

    But I'm mystified by your implication that shooting film will give you "better photos",
    because a few post further down you state:
    "……. digital. …….. Images are sharper and colours are cleaner and brighter, but the photos seen from an artistic or story telling point of view haven't changed much. "

    I see no negatives written there .

    And of course you intend to buy one
    Because I define the quality of a photo by the story it tells and the skill of the photographer. Unfortunately also, and this is due to the nature of digital photography, but also the nature of our digital reality in general, the sheer number of photos produced and published today make no photo stand out. If you ask me to mention a news photo from the last ten years that really stands out, I have problems giving you an answer. From the time before digital, I could give you a long list.

    Most things that are produced in large numbers, art and non-art, become ordinary and forgetable. If it's a photo or a Swatch or a TV-Show. Lucille Ball, Fawlty Towers and David Letterman are burnt into my memory. I could quote John Cleese any day. Now there are a zillion channels and "TV personalities", and they all look and sound the same. I see photos of these "celebrities" on the internet, and whenever I try to figure out what they did to become famous, there doesn't seem to be an answer.

    Take animation, another art that is being destroyed by technological perfection and production volume. It used to be an art form, and the signature of the artist or the studio could be identified by just watching the cartoon. Now they are getting increasingly technologically perfect and "they all look the same".

    During a visit to Myanmar with some European friends, one of them asked while watching an electrician climbing an electric pole wearing his traditional longyi, which a large number of Burmese men still do, why on earth he didn't wear "jeans or something", like any sensible man does. It's as if we are being trained to become ordinary and to treat whatever stands out with suspicion, be it a photo or a person. Quantity is good, quality is bad. Mao Zedong would love this world.

    The F6 stands out for its qualities and because of the simple fact that after 15 years on the market, it hasn't been improved or replaced. I would actually like to see an upgrade, so that it could handle the latest F-mount lenses. Like the 58mm f/1.4, which would be great to use with film. But there are other lenses that work fine, so no worries. To me, the fact that Nikon bothers to produce the F6, and that they developed and launched it in the first place, is a good reason to support that company. Unfortunately, most people don't care. History and tradition are out of fashion, and many of those who claim to respect and represent history and tradition don't have a clue.

    Yes, if I can find enough money I'll buy it again, preferably a new one this time. But money is always scarce, and there are kids around here who need the money more than I do. They need my money for their education and their future. I just "need" another piece of aluminium and plastic to fondle. So maybe I won't. I can still dream though

    Sorry for the rant. Did it answer your question?

  28. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    366
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nikons Best is Back in Stock

    I love my F6! Shot Provia and some old Portra 400NC in it just yesterday.

    My F6 and Kodak's new Ektachrome are a match made in heaven. That film is incredible, and the F6's meter is equally amazing.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  29. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    366
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nikons Best is Back in Stock

    Quote Originally Posted by Jorgen Udvang View Post
    The F6 stands out for its qualities and because of the simple fact that after 15 years on the market, it hasn't been improved or replaced. I would actually like to see an upgrade, so that it could handle the latest F-mount lenses. Like the 58mm f/1.4, which would be great to use with film. But there are other lenses that work fine, so no worries.

    Sorry for the rant. Did it answer your question?
    The F6 does work with the 58mm 1.4. So far only the 28/1.4E & 105/1.4E are incompatible. The solution there is that the old 28/1.4D is an excellent lens, and finally less expensive due to the new option. For the 105 we still have the 2.0D, which is not as remarkable as the 1.4, but has it's own great reputation.

    The problem with the 58mm is that the beautiful softness which works so well on digital, can just look really soft on film. Also most users report that they need to AF fine tune it on digital bodies, which is not possible on the F6. I never loved my 58mm images on film as much as I do on digital. I use the 50mm 1.4G however, and the images are great! I could do even better with the Sigma 50mm, or the Tamron 45. I try to keep the size and weight down though. If I wanted a big camera I'd shoot 6x6 in my Hy6.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

  30. #30
    Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pratamnak
    Posts
    10,602
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2475

    Re: Nikons Best is Back in Stock

    Quote Originally Posted by Speedgraphic View Post
    The F6 does work with the 58mm 1.4. So far only the 28/1.4E & 105/1.4E are incompatible. The solution there is that the old 28/1.4D is an excellent lens, and finally less expensive due to the new option. For the 105 we still have the 2.0D, which is not as remarkable as the 1.4, but has it's own great reputation.

    The problem with the 58mm is that the beautiful softness which works so well on digital, can just look really soft on film. Also most users report that they need to AF fine tune it on digital bodies, which is not possible on the F6. I never loved my 58mm images on film as much as I do on digital. I use the 50mm 1.4G however, and the images are great! I could do even better with the Sigma 50mm, or the Tamron 45. I try to keep the size and weight down though. If I wanted a big camera I'd shoot 6x6 in my Hy6.
    That's interesting. Many complain about AF problems that are serious enough to make them give up. I agree that it's not a big problem though, and if I buy an F6 again, it would probably be with Tamron lenses, 35 or 45mm, 85mm and possibly the new 35-150mm. Stabilised primes plus film should be a good fit

    Do you know if the AF-P lenses will work? Apparently, the 70-300mm AF-P is an excellent lens, and much better than the older AF-S version.

    If I want to use a big camera, I have the GX680. I have two actually

  31. #31
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Neutral Zone
    Posts
    237
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nikons Best is Back in Stock

    Quote Originally Posted by Jorgen Udvang View Post
    Because I define the quality of a photo by the story it tells and the skill of the photographer. Unfortunately also, and this is due to the nature of digital photography, but also the nature of our digital reality in general, the sheer number of photos produced and published today make no photo stand out. If you ask me to mention a news photo from the last ten years that really stands out, I have problems giving you an answer. From the time before digital, I could give you a long list.

    Most things that are produced in large numbers, art and non-art, become ordinary and forgetable. If it's a photo or a Swatch or a TV-Show. Lucille Ball, Fawlty Towers and David Letterman are burnt into my memory. I could quote John Cleese any day. Now there are a zillion channels and "TV personalities", and they all look and sound the same. I see photos of these "celebrities" on the internet, and whenever I try to figure out what they did to become famous, there doesn't seem to be an answer.

    Take animation, another art that is being destroyed by technological perfection and production volume. It used to be an art form, and the signature of the artist or the studio could be identified by just watching the cartoon. Now they are getting increasingly technologically perfect and "they all look the same".

    During a visit to Myanmar with some European friends, one of them asked while watching an electrician climbing an electric pole wearing his traditional longyi, which a large number of Burmese men still do, why on earth he didn't wear "jeans or something", like any sensible man does. It's as if we are being trained to become ordinary and to treat whatever stands out with suspicion, be it a photo or a person. Quantity is good, quality is bad. Mao Zedong would love this world.

    The F6 stands out for its qualities and because of the simple fact that after 15 years on the market, it hasn't been improved or replaced. I would actually like to see an upgrade, so that it could handle the latest F-mount lenses. Like the 58mm f/1.4, which would be great to use with film. But there are other lenses that work fine, so no worries. To me, the fact that Nikon bothers to produce the F6, and that they developed and launched it in the first place, is a good reason to support that company. Unfortunately, most people don't care. History and tradition are out of fashion, and many of those who claim to respect and represent history and tradition don't have a clue.

    Yes, if I can find enough money I'll buy it again, preferably a new one this time. But money is always scarce, and there are kids around here who need the money more than I do. They need my money for their education and their future. I just "need" another piece of aluminium and plastic to fondle. So maybe I won't. I can still dream though

    Sorry for the rant. Did it answer your question?
    The F6 handles the 58/1.4 just fine. No limitations. The AFS Noct Nikkor for the masses still uses the traditional lever for aperture control. It was actually the AFS lens I bought after getting the DF in late 2013. It seems a bit controversial but I really do like it a lot. A bit dreamy at 1.4 but really sharp from 2.2 onwards.

    As to Nikon as a company, they just feel more like a camera company to me, as for example Canon. Sony isn't even on the plate. Remember the introduction of S3 and SP cameras in the early 2000s. At that time, every penny went into kids and family and I took pictures with an FM2 I bought new in 1982 (still own it - just figured out this winter how to de-block the flipped up mirror so it is operational again).

    On your thoughts on quantity and quality, I would think they can go hand in hand. I am absolutely amazed my the quality of some mass products, one being (to get back to the subject) the F6. It feels immensely dense, and while it sounds really odd, it feels more refined and perfect than even my F2.

    There is one thing with the F6 I did not quite figured out yet. While high speed sync works with a Nikon flash (SB600, CLS), I cannot get any other trigger to work beyond 1/250. And yes, the max sync speed (e1) is set to 1/250FP. Any pointers appreciated.

  32. #32
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Neutral Zone
    Posts
    237
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nikons Best is Back in Stock

    Quote Originally Posted by Jorgen Udvang View Post
    That's interesting. Many complain about AF problems that are serious enough to make them give up. I agree that it's not a big problem though, and if I buy an F6 again, it would probably be with Tamron lenses, 35 or 45mm, 85mm and possibly the new 35-150mm. Stabilised primes plus film should be a good fit

    Do you know if the AF-P lenses will work? Apparently, the 70-300mm AF-P is an excellent lens, and much better than the older AF-S version.

    If I want to use a big camera, I have the GX680. I have two actually
    Are you sure the Tamron 85 works with no limitations? Not sure it still has the aperture lever. Plus - I am unsure what stabilisation means to the batteries. I like mit F6 naked (no battery pack).

  33. #33
    Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pratamnak
    Posts
    10,602
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2475

    Re: Nikons Best is Back in Stock

    Quote Originally Posted by Photon42 View Post
    Are you sure the Tamron 85 works with no limitations? Not sure it still has the aperture lever. Plus - I am unsure what stabilisation means to the batteries. I like mit F6 naked (no battery pack).
    You are right. It has an electromagnetic diaphragm. That's a pity. Yes, battery would have been a worry. On the F80, I have a battery grip that takes AA batteries, but it's small and not really a vertical grip. The F6 becomes rather large with the grip.

    The Tamron is the only 85mm with stabilisation, isn't it? An alternative is of course the Micro Nikkor 105mm VR, but it's so bulky, and it's only f/2.8. With the F80, I'm currently using a Nikkor 85mm f/1.8 AF (non D). Optically it's fine, but AF is so slow I have to ask people to take another coffee while they're waiting to get in focus. It's also hopeless to focus manually due to lack of precission.

    The simplest solution is of course any of the newer Nikkor 85mm lenses, or the old 105mm f/2. Think, think... no hurry

    The 35-150mm also has electromagnetic diaphragm
    Last edited by Jorgen Udvang; 4th May 2019 at 01:42.

  34. #34
    Senior Member Elderly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    466
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nikons Best is Back in Stock

    Quote Originally Posted by Jorgen Udvang View Post

    Sorry for the rant. Did it answer your question?
    NO

    I'm relectant to take the subject of the F6 Off Topic (although why this is not in 'Analogue Cameras' .......?).

    But briefly - I'm not talking about the masses, I'm talking about YOU and your excellent creative output.

    And as somebody who has worked quite alot with Cleese ....... my experience is not for publication here
    Ian.

  35. #35
    Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pratamnak
    Posts
    10,602
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2475

    Re: Nikons Best is Back in Stock

    Quote Originally Posted by Elderly View Post
    NO

    I'm relectant to take the subject of the F6 Off Topic (although why this is not in 'Analogue Cameras' .......?).

    But briefly - I'm not talking about the masses, I'm talking about YOU and your excellent creative output.

    And as somebody who has worked quite alot with Cleese ....... my experience is not for publication here
    It's an interesting distinction that... in front of the computer, but how can I be behind the keyboard then? Sorry for being a Norwegian.

    When I used the Olympus OM-1 for 30 years, it was partly because I couldn't afford to upgrade. Cameras were expensive, even second hand ones. Nowadays, the value of 5 year old digital cameras is approaching zero. I have just been offered an unused set with a black Olympus E-M5 and the 12-40mm f/2.8, some kind of collector's edition, for the value of the lens. I'm buying it of course. I need the lens, and I need an extra body since my GM5 is dying. It doesn't matter if I take photos with a 5 year old E-M5 or the latest, greatest from Nikon or Canon or Sony. My photos will still look the same.

    The F6 is different. The F6 froze the time at 2004 level. Still, it's the best, most advanced film camera ever. Still, some of us believe it's the best Nikon ever. Compare that to the D2X that was launched the same year, sharing many of the same components. I have one, a D2Xs. Even 6-7 years after its release, you could buy the D2X for 10-15% of its original price, which is what I did. A 15 year old used F6 sells for 30-50% of its original price, and prices are stable.

    Both cameras, and the E-M5 that I'm about to buy, produce excellent, or even world class, results in the hands of a skilled photographer. Still, we are chasing new, more advanced technology. Why? For what? Where's the gain, the bottom line?

    The most famous, the most iconic and the most copied photo ever, Alberto Korda's photo of Che Guevara, is one of two frames of the same motive on that roll taken with his Leica. No technology can change that, no 50 frames per second and no ISO one million. Because regardless of technology, you have to be at the right spot at the right time, point your camera in the right direction, frame the photo and push the shutter release at the right moment. 20 clean, perfect colour, digital frames taken too early or too late will always be outshined by one perfectly timed and framed shot on Tri-X or HP5 taken with an old Leica or an F6. It's not the technology, it's the photographer.

    Do I sound frustrated? I probably am. Because we are replacing skills with computers and automation and because we are spending time and money developing technology that we don't need, while there are people who lack food and healthcare and the ice on Greenland is melting.



    I saw an interview with an extremely clever, but also rather arrogant, British photographer, David Yarrow, the other day. He claims that he takes a single digit number of good photos per year. He uses some advanced gear of course, D5 with remote controls and whatnot, but I don't really think it matters. It's his skills, his attitude and his resources that make it:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcVRe9X5Prs

  36. #36
    Workshop Member ptomsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Austria, close to Vienna
    Posts
    4,664
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nikons Best is Back in Stock

    @ Jorgen,

    well the issue is that IMO most of us in this forum cannot even somehow compare ourselves with David Yarrow. And if it is mostly because we all have (or are forced into) totally different lifestyles and concepts of life.

    Comparing our selves with such people will always end up in frustration ....

    Just my 5c ...

  37. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    A bit north of Copenhagen
    Posts
    1,924
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    705

    Re: Nikons Best is Back in Stock

    Quote Originally Posted by Jorgen Udvang View Post
    The most famous, the most iconic and the most copied photo ever, Alberto Korda's photo of Che Guevara, is one of two frames of the same motive on that roll taken with his Leica. No technology can change that, no 50 frames per second and no ISO one million. Because regardless of technology, you have to be at the right spot at the right time, point your camera in the right direction, frame the photo and push the shutter release at the right moment. 20 clean, perfect colour, digital frames taken too early or too late will always be outshined by one perfectly timed and framed shot on Tri-X or HP5 taken with an old Leica or an F6. It's not the technology, it's the photographer.

    ..and it was hanging on my wall too over my bed as teenager at the time I was driving 4 cylindered Nimbus to Gymnasium, without driving license (too young to get it - shame on me)..
    but I would claim, not only the photographer..also a bit of luck, will have to be within..and being out in the spots and being ready for luck to drop by
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  38. #38
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Neutral Zone
    Posts
    237
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nikons Best is Back in Stock

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorkil View Post
    ..and it was hanging on my wall too over my bed as teenager at the time I was driving 4 cylindered Nimbus to Gymnasium, without driving license (too young to get it - shame on me)..
    which possibly was the excuse you have to the officer ...
    My Gallery
    Instagram
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  39. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    A bit north of Copenhagen
    Posts
    1,924
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    705

    Re: Nikons Best is Back in Stock

    Quote Originally Posted by Jorgen Udvang View Post
    ...we are replacing skills with computers and automation and because we are spending time and money developing technology that we don't need, while there are people who lack food and healthcare and the ice on Greenland is melting...
    Jørgen...you are right..we are fugitives from reality..but its hard to save the world alone (dispite..even though we ought to try - the politicians ought to do the job, but they don't)
    I would happily have kept my M6 with the 21Elmarit2.8 on, and just that, and perhaps I would have ended up taking several more happy pictures that I have done by keeping up with technology and whatever the internet claim that I need.
    And I sit surrounded by gear, that I in reality might not need, cutting it into the bones...(and you are right, our consumption is melting the ice, cameras, cars, houses, luxury-production etc. - and by cars, one really don't need more than an VW Up, if anyone at all)
    If all agree, I can cut it down to my Z7 + the 24-70/4S (+ perhaps the 14-30...eehh and perhaps the upcoming 20/1.8S...and...no, no perhaps just the Z7+20/1.8S could do it...)

  40. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    A bit north of Copenhagen
    Posts
    1,924
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    705

    Re: Nikons Best is Back in Stock

    Quote Originally Posted by Jorgen Udvang View Post
    (by the way, Jørgen, is it Jean Paul Satre and Simone de Beauvoir on the pictures too ???)

  41. #41
    Senior Member Elderly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    466
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nikons Best is Back in Stock

    Quote Originally Posted by Jorgen Udvang View Post

    The most famous, the most iconic and the most copied photo ever,
    Not being specific to that photo …

    … but since when has fame/popularity/quantity meant quality?

    And back to my original questioning of your implication that film is better than digital,
    would David Yarrow have made better images with a film camera rather than his D5 (I've not watched the video yet)?
    Last edited by Elderly; 5th May 2019 at 01:10.
    Ian.

  42. #42
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    pegelli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    3,045
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nikons Best is Back in Stock

    Quote Originally Posted by Elderly View Post
    Not being specific to that photo …

    … but since when has fame/popularity/quantity meant quality?

    And back to my original questioning of your implication that film is better than digital,
    would David Yarrow have made better images with a film camera rather than his D5 (I've not watched the video yet)?
    To answer your first question In my opinion terms like "most famous", "most iconic" and "best" when used to describe photo's are personal opinions. Some people will agree and some won't and the funny thing is that they are both right

    I think what Jorgen is trying to say is that there is a difference between the "Impact Quality" of a photo and the "Technical Quality"of a photo.

    In my opinion the "Technical Quality" is for a substantial part determined by the equipment used (combined with the technical skills of the photographer)
    And the "Impact Quality" is almost solely set by the photographer, his vision and his ability to impact the viewer with what he's trying to say with the image.

    So for David Yarrow using a camera that's flexible, rugged and delivers a resolution to make very large prints is essential, so his D5 is probably the best tool for his specific job he can use today. But that doesn't mean he could not use older technology (incl. film) to achieve a similar end result because as a photographer he produces "high impact" photo's (imho).

    Btw, I think he makes more than a single digit number good photo's per year, but for him being very critical of his own work motivates him to grow and improve, at least that's the way I interpret that statement.
    My Pics
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

  43. #43
    Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pratamnak
    Posts
    10,602
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2475

    Re: Nikons Best is Back in Stock

    Many interesting answers here, thank you all. I'm on my way out to drink wine with some friends, possibly have some food too, if we're in danger of dying from hunger, so I don't have time now... except:

    When it comes to David Yarrow, his style is very similar to that of Nick Brandt, although appart from using wide rather than long lenses, their approaches are totally different. Nick Brandt still uses, or at least used until recently, medium format film and his feet and head. David Yarrow uses all the technology available to him.

    Both approaches work, but I don't think their results would change much if they swapped gear. It's their attitude and their skills that make the photos.

    As for luck and having access, that has always been part of visual arts, including painting. People who work hard and spend a lot of time achieving their goals mostly seem to have more luck than others, go figure...

    So Alberto Korda got the shot because he was there, because he had access and of course because he saw the motive. All of those are skills needed to take good reportage photos. Which is one of the reasons why there are so many good photos from a conflict like the Vietnam War, where all the great conflict photographers were present, some dying in the process, but very few from more recent conflicts like Libya, Syria and now Venezuela. The top photographers from the large news media are simply not sent there during the conflicts.

  44. #44
    Workshop Member ptomsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Austria, close to Vienna
    Posts
    4,664
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nikons Best is Back in Stock

    Quote Originally Posted by Jorgen Udvang View Post
    Many interesting answers here, thank you all. I'm on my way out to drink wine with some friends, possibly have some food too, if we're in danger of dying from hunger, so I don't have time now... except:

    When it comes to David Yarrow, his style is very similar to that of Nick Brandt, although appart from using wide rather than long lenses, their approaches are totally different. Nick Brandt still uses, or at least used until recently, medium format film and his feet and head. David Yarrow uses all the technology available to him.

    Both approaches work, but I don't think their results would change much if they swapped gear. It's their attitude and their skills that make the photos.

    As for luck and having access, that has always been part of visual arts, including painting. People who work hard and spend a lot of time achieving their goals mostly seem to have more luck than others, go figure...

    So Alberto Korda got the shot because he was there, because he had access and of course because he saw the motive. All of those are skills needed to take good reportage photos. Which is one of the reasons why there are so many good photos from a conflict like the Vietnam War, where all the great conflict photographers were present, some dying in the process, but very few from more recent conflicts like Libya, Syria and now Venezuela. The top photographers from the large news media are simply not sent there during the conflicts.
    Jorgen,

    I very much agree with most you say. But IMO the best approach today is still to use technology that is available to achieve outstanding goals. I admire both Nick Brandt and David Yarrow, but if I would want or need to replicate or create any of their work (which I most probably would not master) I would prefer the David Yarrow way.

    But I most probably would not (maybe never) go back to film anymore.

    Peter

  45. #45
    Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pratamnak
    Posts
    10,602
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2475

    Re: Nikons Best is Back in Stock

    Quote Originally Posted by ptomsu View Post
    Jorgen,

    I very much agree with most you say. But IMO the best approach today is still to use technology that is available to achieve outstanding goals. I admire both Nick Brandt and David Yarrow, but if I would want or need to replicate or create any of their work (which I most probably would not master) I would prefer the David Yarrow way.

    But I most probably would not (maybe never) go back to film anymore.

    Peter
    With the kind of work they do, equipment becomes secondary, and price of the gear uninteresting. Creating the kind of photos that they create takes enormous skill, time and even financial resources. The type of camera is a creative choice and probably not a financial one as it is for most of us normal people. I have neither the skill nor the resources to even attempt to do the kind of work that they do. What I do know though, is that if I'm going to perform my best when taking photos, I must use equipment that I feel comfortable with, that has ergonomics and functionality that suit my style of working. If that equipment generates a 6MP or a 150MP file or a black and white negative becomes secondary, unless I'm going to print very, very large. For most people will look at my images, not at my pixels.

    That is also where the F6 enters the scene. Because to me, and many other photographers, it's a camera that to the extreme does not obstruct photography. It does what it's supposed to do, and in an unusually unintrusive manner. I don't need 3 zillion focusing points. I need one, one that works. I think the F6 has 11. That's luxury. There's only 36 images on a roll. Compared to the number of good photos I take on an average day, that's a lot. I have to wait a couple of days to see the results. Good. Then the scene has had time to become distant and the photo stands for what it is, a photo of reality, not an attempt to duplicate reality.

    For Nick Brandt and David Yarrow's photos are not what you or anybody else will see if you go to Africa. It's their artistic interpretation of what they saw there. That's why people pay a lot of money for their photos. Because the two of them see things that the buyers won't see, even if it appeared right in front of their eyes. That's what being a great photographer is.

    Sorry for being bombastic, but to me, this is very close to the core of photography.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •