The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Focus Shift Mode with third party lenses on D850, Z7, Z6

Alexander

Good Day,

Is Focus Shift Mode limited to AF-S native lenses like on D850?

or, could new lenses by Sigma/others work with Nikon's Focus Shift Mode feature on D850, Z7, Z6?

Thank you

SrMphoto

Hello Alexander,

I’ve never used focus shift with my Z6, but I found this short thread on DPReview (https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/62089489) that might be of interest to you. To summarize, some lenses will work, others might not work properly...
I started that DPR thread after having some issues with Sigma lenses. The solution for Sigma lenses was:

"In focus shift shooting (FSS) menu increase Interval until next shot from 0" to 1"."

Some Tamron lenses do not focus with Z cameras and therefore FSS does not work at all. Tamron 90mm Macro seems to work, but have not tested it much yet.