The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Shooting tethered with the D800, what software?

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I'm about to take my photography a bit more seriously again, and that includes some macro, product and food photography. For that, shooting tethered is coming up as the best solution. But what software would make the most streamlined solution? LR is an obvious possibility, but what else is there?

Any experience? Any advice?

BFD

I'm about to take my photography a bit more seriously again, and that includes some macro, product and food photography. For that, shooting tethered is coming up as the best solution. But what software would make the most streamlined solution? LR is an obvious possibility, but what else is there?

Any experience? Any advice?
Capture One is probably the best capture and processing software, IMHO.

Photon42

I use DSLRDashboard for the 810, if live view and full control is required. Lightroom then catches the files from an monitored folder. Else LR directly is fine. All cable.