The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Should i buy Nikon D3500 bundle or buy the accessories apart?

devemarko

Hello there,
I'm completely new photographer and very excited to buy the new Nikon D3500 DSLR camera. its has impressive specifications at very affordable price. A already made my research and found this bundle depending on this post 8 Best Nikon D3500 Bundle Deals 2019 Buying Guide | Nikon Bundle
It includes:
  • Nikon D3500 DSLR Camera with AF-P DX 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR Lens
  • Nikon AF-P DX NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3G ED Lens
  • EN-EL14A Rechargeable Li-Ion Battery for Select Nikon Cameras
  • MH-24 Quick Charger
  • AN-DC3 Camera Strap (Black)
  • BF-1B Body Cap
  • DK-25 Rubber Eyecup
  • SanDisk Ultra 64GB SDXC UHS-I Memory Card Speed Up to 80MB/s
  • 55mm - 0.43x Wide Angle Lens Attachment
  • 55mm - 2.20x Telephoto Lens Attachment
  • 55mm - 6pc Graduated Color Filter Set
  • 55mm UV Filter
  • Digital Slave Flash with Bracket
  • 57” Full-Size Tripod
  • Universal Wireless Remote
  • Deluxe Large Camera Bag/Case
  • Padded Wrist/Hand Strap
  • High Speed SD/SDHC/Micro SD/Card Reader
  • High Quality Memory Card Wallet
  • Lens Cap Keeper
  • High Quality Lens Cleaning Pen
  • High Quality Dust Blower
  • Starter Cleaning Kit

Its price now is $569.00. I heard many sites talking about the low quality of these accessories. Should I buy this bundle or buy these accessories apart?

JoelM

Price seems high. As you said, likely low quality accessories. The tripod could be worthless and some of the filters might not be so good. Don't think you need a strap as one usually comes with the camera. You should be able to buy the camera with kit lens for about $200 cheaper and the accessories probably cost the seller about $20, so I wouldn't go for it.

JMHO

Joel

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I would just buy a D3500 2-lens kit and skip the accessories package. As has been pointed out, most of that is probably very low quality.

I would also consider the D5500, which has been replaced by the D5600, but is still available new or refurbished and offers better autofocus, an articulated LCD and a few other features that the D3500 doesn't have. They are both excellent cameras though, and share the same sensor.

Bugleone

yes, I agree with Joel and Jorgen.....too much 'stuff' for too much money!

Just be aware that the 3500 is essentially the same camera that nikon has made now for some years.......you might well be able to shop around and get the previous d3400 (or better, the d3300) new as 'out of date' stock, which is what my wife did when she aquired her d3300, which I have to say is fantastic picture making tool for not much money!

The d3300 was the first entry level nikon DSLR with 24 mil pixels and also featured a cleaning mode and other advantages. The later d3400 & d3500 were purposely crippled by nikon probably becasue these cameras are just brilliant and, in many ways, obviate buying the more expensive, heavier models.

make sure you do get the 18-55 AF-P lens as that is vastly better than the earlier 'kit zooms' being silent and intantaneous in operation.

also, try out the tele zooms before buying so you get some idea of their coverage as 'one size does not fit all'

If you want to see some of the 'quick and dirty' snap shots that I have made with the d3300 take a look at the last few pages of the 'Fun with Nikon' thread.

Good luck....make sure to come back here and show us your efforts!