The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Focus update for Z7, problems

JohnBrew

While I have not tried the “eye” focus from the upgrade yet, I have had strange focusing issues now from the upgrade. When I press the AF button the image in the viewfinder is not sharp. I have to press it a second time to acquire sharp focus. And my long adapted lenses are not sharp, I have to go to manual focus.
Has anyone else had this problem?

Thorkil

Yes John, after the first update, my Z7 behaved rather weird with the 70-200/4 on the adapter, I had to do manual focus too, and some other weird things happened.
But for now, I have updated to the new firmware 2.01, and in just a hasty trying out, out of the windows, focusing at longer distances, also at even and low-contrast surfaces, in pin-point-setting, it just hunt very quickly one movement forth and one short back, and then focus to what seems for me to be status right now: spot on.
So for now I will just say, you better all hurry up to install the new 2.01 firmware, and let us hear your experience...
thorkil

Thorkil

John, just a PS.: everything still isn't topnotch, while in dim light on even surface, it still hunts, but I have dedicated the AF-ON button to enlarge 200%, so right there by your thumb, the single point fills the whole viewfinder, makes it a bit easier to control and set, when you have picked your object-point - but not for super actions though I'm afraid, but I can live with it.
Thorkil