Site Sponsors

Thread: Focus update for Z7, problems

Post Thanks / Like

Focus update for Z7, problems

While I have not tried the “eye” focus from the upgrade yet, I have had strange focusing issues now from the upgrade. When I press the AF button the image in the viewfinder is not sharp. I have to press it a second time to acquire sharp focus. And my long adapted lenses are not sharp, I have to go to manual focus.
    Has anyone else had this problem?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Focus update for Z7, problems

Yes John, after the first update, my Z7 behaved rather weird with the 70-200/4 on the adapter, I had to do manual focus too, and some other weird things happened.
    But for now, I have updated to the new firmware 2.01, and in just a hasty trying out, out of the windows, focusing at longer distances, also at even and low-contrast surfaces, in pin-point-setting, it just hunt very quickly one movement forth and one short back, and then focus to what seems for me to be status right now: spot on.
    So for now I will just say, you better all hurry up to install the new 2.01 firmware, and let us hear your experience...
    thorkil
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Focus update for Z7, problems

John, just a PS.: everything still isn't topnotch, while in dim light on even surface, it still hunts, but I have dedicated the AF-ON button to enlarge 200%, so right there by your thumb, the single point fills the whole viewfinder, makes it a bit easier to control and set, when you have picked your object-point - but not for super actions though I'm afraid, but I can live with it.
    Thorkil