The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Nikon screw mount lenses info

jdphoto

Greetings,
I was curious about Nikkor screw mount lenses. I was given a Nicca 3-S rangefinder camera with three lenses. One is a Canon 135mm f/3.5, a W-Nikkor-C 3.5cm f/2.5, and a Nikkor -S*C f/1.4, all in screw mounts. My question is can I use a Leica screw mount adapter to Nikon Z to use these lenses? Thanks for any info.

Bugleone

If the above kit is leica thread mount then presumably everything would be ok..... The nikon rangefinders were usually Contax mount, with if i recall correctly a slight pitch difference which made use between Contax bodies/ nikon bodies touch and go according to the particular lens, but that should not prevent you from aquiring a suitable adaptor if the lenses are LTM.

One of the best places to mug up on this stuff is the 'Cameraquest' website which can supply adaptors and some good info.

EDIT; It looks like the Nicca was a Leica thread camera (LTM)...see here on the Cameraquest website;

https://cameraquest.com/nicca.htm

So presumably you can just aquire an adaptor (or adaptors for all the lenses) and start using themm on the Z

Last edited:

Bugleone

You probably already know this, but, if the Z is similar to Sony mirrorless then you have to go into the menu and check "use shutter without lens" or something similar...this allows the shutter to activate without any (nikon) lens handshake....then set camera to either manual or aperture priority for semi AE photography.