The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Emerging life

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
just avoid shaving for a couple of days :lecture:

Nikon D300 • Zeiss ZF 2/100mm • at f/8 ISO 200

leif e

Absolutely beautiful, bondo!
I´ve never thought about spring in Denmark and here being so different! Right now it seems you live so far away.:D
leif e

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Thank you Leif. It's an Iceland poppy (lat.: Papaver nudicaule) that my wife bought for the garden, it doesn't belong in Denmark as a wild flower. Still you are right, we have had the warmest and driest April ever in Denmark, to an extent that is a serious problem for the agriculture. But fortunately we are finally now getting some rain again.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Very beautiful, Steen. Now I want to go to Denmark, but unfortunately, that won't be until October. I guess the poppies are all gone by then :(

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Steen,
These are gorgeous and inspiring. Things are just starting to pop out here. I must get out and shoot.

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Thanks for the kind words Jorgen and Cindy, it's really such a lovely time of the year, I'm inhaling the spring light while it's here :)

Nikon D300 • Nikon AF-S 1.4/50mm G • 1/1000 sec at f/5.6 ISO 200

Last edited:

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
sunbeam striking the tip of an appletree flowerbud on yellow and green background

Nikon D300 • Zeiss ZF 2/100mm • 1/200 sec. at f/8 ISO 200

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Oh yes indeed, and thank you, Jorgen. I hoped some of you would join this thread with your captures of the light of the season :)
Stunning Lotus image, very dreamy and beautiful !

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Oh great, Cindy. Those are lovely.
I have some Leica R lenses myself, and I'm so tempted to leitax them, but I try to resist and just wait patiently for the R10. In ten months we will know more, I believe.
And you have even bolted a Medium Format lens on your D700. I'm always a bit surprised when people do this, but now I need to admit that it makes sense. A lot of sense, obviously. Your "D700 and Mamiya 150" image is amazing, so three dimensional and this beautiful and dreamy bokeh.
By the way, can you show us that lens on the camera ... :)

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Re: Emerging life in Moscow

That lens really suits the D700, Cindy. Interesting combination, thanks for taking your time to make the captures :)

And to Alex from Moscow: lots of congratulations on your new daughter, from the "Emerging life" thread ;)

leif e

Beautiful pictures, Cindy - and scaringly interesting set-ups :eek: I had stopped thinking of the D700. And I don´t want to start again now. :eek:

Jorgen; I always thought the Lotus was a car!:angel:

leif e

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
a couple from the garden

Nikon D300 • Zeiss ZF 2/100mm • 1/1600 sec. at f/2.8 ISO 200

Nikon D300 • Zeiss ZF 2/100mm • 1/400 sec. at f/8 ISO 200

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Emerging life - once again

And then it starts all over again :) though this year spring was delayed quite a bit

click for larger size

Nikon D300 • Carl Zeiss Makro-Planar 2/100mm ZF • 1/400 sec at f/5.6 ISO 200 • Capture NX

Nikon D300 • Carl Zeiss Makro-Planar 2/100mm ZF • 1/400 sec at f/5.6 ISO 200 • Capture NX

Nikon D300 • Carl Zeiss Makro-Planar 2/100mm ZF • 1/60 sec at f/5.6 ISO 200 • Capture NX

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Steen, dicovering this thread for the first time... excellent work!
(love Jorgen's lotus above, too)

Cherry blossom with bees are awesome, the unshaved stuff kinda fun.

Could have chimed in some weeks ago with some posted on the -active at the time- For Fun thread, but apart from a couple of days spring is somehow gone here, it's now either cold and overcast or hot and humid. Weird. A lot of wind too. :(