The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Emerging life

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Now it starts all over again with growth and renewal, at least here at The Northern Hemisphere on latitude 56° 00 N

Nikon D300 • Zeiss ZF 2/100mm • 1/500 sec. at f/8 ISO 200

Smart design

Nikon D300 • Zeiss ZF 2/100mm • 1/400 sec. at f/8 ISO 200

Last edited:

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Thank you Leif, Jorgen and Cindy.

This happens every year and I find myself taking pictures of it every year. Can't help it :)
Please show us your images of spring.

Jorgen, how is the situation right now in your area just outside Bangkok ?
Make sure you have cold beer in the fridge in case of a state of emergency :lecture:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Everything as usual here in Thailand. The red-shirts are dancing on the military vehicles around Bangkok, and to stay with the red theme, I had an excellent Canard au Vin Rouge last night. The girl who claims she is my girlfriend says she supports the reds, since they are the same colour as Arsenan (that's Arsenal as pronounced by a Thai).

The bad thing is that yesterday's fiasco will cost Thailand tens of thousands of jobs in the tourist industry, and all because a grumpy ex-prime minister can't get over the fact that the government here has kept the 70 billion baht that he got when he sold his telecom conglomerate to Singapore (without paying tax, mind you, while being the prime minister).

The reds are not real demonstrators, but paid foot soldiers. They get a 1,000 baht note with their food box every day, which is 5-10 times as much as they would earn up-country where they come from, and rumours has it that some of them were part of the yellow shirts that occupied the airport last year. They have very flexible political views, some of these people. Another rumour is that part of this is orchestrated by PR-agencies in another country. The ultimate objective is to negotiate a free trade agreement with Thailand, an agreement Mr. Thaksin is in favour of, since it would gain his personal wealth.

Who cares about Thailand if he can earn a billion or ten for himself?

Lars

Very nice Steen. The Zeiss is looking good. Up here at 59 degrees we're two weeks behind you.

Jorgen thanks for the inside scoop. Not exactly what we hear in Swedish press. Seems like everyone has an agenda, even journalists (I know, nothing is new under the sun hehe). Keep safe.

leif e

This happens every year and I find myself taking pictures of it every year. Can't help it :)
We´re a bit behind around here, but exactly the same; every single spring I´m out looking for the first hepaticas and their magnificent shades of blue. (If they don´t make Jorgen and other Norwegians in diaspora homesick; nothing will. :D)

The last picture; Deep old snow a metre or two away.
S5, Micro-Nikkor 2,8/55
leif e

Last edited:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Very nice, Leif, particularly the second one. The last one could make me homesick, but I don't know where my skis are :)

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Beautiful rendering of the lovely Anemone flowers. Nicely done, Leif :thumbup:
Btw. Jorgen, didn't you as well at some point have some AI-S Nikkor contemplations for your S5 ?

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member

Nikon D300 • Zeiss ZF 2/100mm • 1/500 sec. at f/5.6 ISO 200

Nikon D300 • Zeiss ZF 2/100mm • 1/2500 sec. at f/5.6 ISO 200

Nikon D300 • Zeiss ZF 2/100mm • 1/1600 sec. at f/5.6 ISO 200

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Thank you Peter and Lars.
And yes, I do like the Zeiss ZF lenses a lot, though now and then I could use some auto focus assistance.

Nikon D300 • Zeiss ZF 2/100mm • 1/500 sec. at f/5.6 ISO 200

Nikon D300 • Zeiss ZF 2/100mm • 1/1250 sec. at f/5.6 ISO 200

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
BIF (here: Bees In Flight) with Zeiss ZF 2/100 manual focus macro lens ... (fastest gun in The West :cool:)

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Thank you Jorgen, but still here's a couple of test shots of a hoverfly with my new Nikon AF-S 1.4/50 G autofocus lens. Not exactly a macro lens. Anyway, here goes.

Too easy. You just lie down in the flowerbed and look like a flower, leaving everything about focusing to the camera and the lens.

Ready, shoot, point - your only task is to choose the decisive moment :p