The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Nikon 200mm f4 AI/-s on modern sensors

robdeszan

Hello All,

I was wondering if this lens is worth considering as I am looking for the most compact tele lens around 180-210 to use with the Z7. Anything bigger, including the 2.8 AIS ed equivalent, is really not an option as I might as well just go for a modern zoom, like the AF 70-200 f4 VR.

Any happy / unhappy users out there?

All the best,
Pat

Dustbak

No sure about that one. I do use the Voigtlander 180/4 now and then. This is a really compact tele. It is really sharp but also has fairly low contrast (which can always later be upped). It is an APO lens so very few abberations. I was lucky to get one years ago before they got popular but I think you can still find them.

robdeszan

Yes, I remember this one, would consider it, if it was still available. There is one on ebay, not selling... hmm... I wonder why? (£1,404.27 from Japan)

No sure about that one. I do use the Voigtlander 180/4 now and then. This is a really compact tele. It is really sharp but also has fairly low contrast (which can always later be upped). It is an APO lens so very few abberations. I was lucky to get one years ago before they got popular but I think you can still find them.