The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

1 lens, 1 camera

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Okay, some quarantine fun. You can only have one camera body of any kind, and one lens of any kind to use for the next 300 days. The only caveat is the lens has to be able to mount to your chosen camera. Everybody can play. (I just put it in the Nikon section because that's where I tend to hang out most ;) )

My chosen body is the Z7. My lens choice remains under consideration, but probably a 50 prime :D

Last edited:

pegelli

Jack, any choice, or do you currently have to own it (them)?
Nikon or any brand?

Last edited:

KeithL

Well, I'm assuming that lockdown/travel restrictions will be in place - at least for me - for the next 300 days. I'd love to mount the 50mm f/1.2 S, if it became available, on my Z7. Failing that, I'd suffice with my 50mm f/1.8 S.

Things would change when and if the restrictions were lifted.

Knorp

Really too bad restricting this to Nikon shooters only ...
Still, have fun - I'll be nosing around here anyway :rolleyes:

Dustbak

I currently own only the Z6 but my choice would be the Z7 plus the 24-70/2.8. (both of which I do not own currently BTW :) ) I would love to have the 50/1.2 or 58/0.95 instead of the 24-70/2.8 but that is depending on how long I have to do with only one body and lens...

I could do with the Z7 plus 58/0.95 if it would be for a couple of months but forever?...

jlancasterd

Okay, some quarantine fun. You can only have one camera body of any kind, and one lens of any kind to use for the next 300 days. The only caveat is the lens has to be able to mount to your chosen camera.

My chosen body is the Z7. My lens choice remains under consideration, but probably a 50 prime :D
Z6 and 24-70 f4 - the best lens I've ever used in the 60 years since I got my first decent camera (except for the 14-30 f4, which is equally good…!)

jdphoto

The fully mechanical Leica M2r with a chrome 50mm Summilux pre ASPH and print no bigger than 8.5x11 inches.

pegelli

I think I could live the next 300 days with just the Sony A7Riv coupled with the Sigma 35mm F1.2 DG DN Art.

If I need wider I can stitch, if I need tighter there's plenty pixels for significant cropping and the lens seems to be super sharp, so can stand the cropping as well.
And with f1.2 there's low light capability as well.

The fully mechanical Leica M2r with a chrome 50mm Summilux pre ASPH and print no bigger than 8.5x11 inches.
That's a thought, if there's only one camera/one lens there's probably sufficient time to spend in the darkroom.
So a film camera is not a bad idea either. But I would probably put a 35 mm lens on it, but if push comes to shove a 50 mm will do as well.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Noodling over my lens choice, I really like 50's and would probably take the 50/1.2S if it were available, but it isn't. The 50/1.8 is the obvious choice, as are either of the 24-70 Z zooms -- and are probably the most versatile choices.

End of day though, I am going to hang right in with Thorkill and take my 14-30 on the Z7 -- it's just a super fun combo :thumbs:

So I went out this morning and tried to make a pic with that combo -- a gate in the older part of town, Z7, 14-30 at 24, 1/30 @ f6.3, processed in C1 and PS. (also posted in fun with thread, but thought maybe appropriate here too.):

Last edited:

Bugleone

.........If only I could go back.....Rollieflex with 2.8 Planar, box of 120 Tri-X...big tin of D76....My Taylor-Hobson enlarging lens.......

Arne Hvaring

Remaining within what I already own, my first choice would be Z7 and the outstanding 24-70 /4 zoom. If prime either Nikkor 50/1,8 S or 35/1,4 Sigma with adapter. Outside the Nikon realm GFX 100 with 50/3,5.
The Fuji is a heavy beast, but tolerable with a relatively light lens and rewards with absolutely outstanding IQ.