The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Micro Nikkor Ai 200mm f/4 with D700

arri

I made some sample shots with this combination and I must say the old MF lens is good usable with a digi cam as well

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
The 200 macro is legendary, among the sharpest lenses of its day, at least in the macro ranges. I have been sorely tempted to obtain a 70-180 macro to try out. It was never reported to be as good as the 200/4, but it also may be good enough and have some character.

arri

The 200 macro is legendary, among the sharpest lenses of its day, at least in the macro ranges. I have been sorely tempted to obtain a 70-180 macro to try out. It was never reported to be as good as the 200/4, but it also may be good enough and have some character.
You are right, it were one of the best lenses and the IF is a dream, focusable with the little finger.
For the D700 it is a good compagnion but I tested it with my Sony ILCE 7 and here are colour shifts visible.
For me, as a "normal" user the resolution of the D700 is more than sufficient.
Is it allowed to show an analouge sample here?
Taken with the Micro Nikkor 4/200 as well but with a 1972 Nikon F2 and an Adox Silvermax 100, analouge film but the negative scan were digital :lecture:

Jan Brittenson

Senior Subscriber Member
The 200/4 AF-D Micro is one of my favorites lenses; it has gorgeous rendition and color. It's one of those lenses I would never part with.