The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FUN with D500...

Paratom

Well , it is not a new model but new for me. I still had some Nikon lenses from earlier times but mainly use Leica SL (and some other cameras ;) ) for years now.
While I can get some keepers of fast moving subjects with that equipment every couple of months I got the idea to add a speedy camera like the D5 for example. What I ended up was a D500.
I feel it is the most fun Nikon body I ever had so far. It feels so solid and nice sized. The OVF, for a dx camera is very nice. And the AF and exposure metering has worked very very well so far. I have 2 kids and a fast small dog. It just works great for action shots. Not only the AF works very reliable, also I find it is so easy to have the feeling for the right moment with the OVF.
Highly recommended.

Attachments

Swissblad

Enjoy your D500 - it is a superb little camera - for all the reasons you mentioned - it is my go to Nikon at the moment - simply a joy to use.

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I will contribute to this thread towards the end of the year, when the economy (hopefully) improves and I can afford to buy it. I have tried the D500 again, and the D780, and found that for me, the D500 is the camera that makes the most sense. Fast, responsive, excellent image quality, very nice viewfinder, not too heavy, compatible with a zillion F-mount lenses... it's a very satisfying camera to use, and that is really all that matters.

dave.gt

Totally agree! The D500 would be the one I would choose if I was looking right now.:)

:thumbup: