The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Any Nikon 200-400 great shots?

D

DGC1

Thanks. This was the first field test for this lens. I think it passed the test.

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Caracara. From the Martin Refuge in south Texas.
Awesome bird photo, Doug :thumbup:

- - - - -

Fulton, what happened to all your great sports photos linked to Photobucket, they no longer show up ?
Do you need to confirm your Photobucket account ?
(I have just confirmed mine, otherwise it would have been deleted, I was told in an email. Not that it really matters anymore).

woodyspedden

Came across this over the weekend. Two male Mule Deer sparing. The Rut is still two to three weeks away, but these two seemed to be practicing. The walked into the field together, went at it for about 10 minutes, and then walked away together.

View attachment 23806
View attachment 23807
Hey Lloyd

I assume these are somewhere in the RMNP?

Business kept me at bay for the peak of the rut but I did get there for some wonderful season ending shots.

For those folks who have never seen an elk rut, you should grab your long lenses and come to the Rocky Mountain National Park (start in Estes Park, CO) and just enjoy the experience. Just the noise from the competing bucks is worth the price of admission. ($0.0) We call those noises "bugling" and they are just extraordinary. I moved here five years ago and could not imagine an October without them.

Woody

Lloyd

Hey Lloyd

I assume these are somewhere in the RMNP?

Business kept me at bay for the peak of the rut but I did get there for some wonderful season ending shots.

For those folks who have never seen an elk rut, you should grab your long lenses and come to the Rocky Mountain National Park (start in Estes Park, CO) and just enjoy the experience. Just the noise from the competing bucks is worth the price of admission. ($0.0) We call those noises "bugling" and they are just extraordinary. I moved here five years ago and could not imagine an October without them.

Woody
Hi Woody,

These weren't in RMNP, but I have heard it's quite an experience to witness the rut there. These were on in and area along the Utah/Colorado border called The Book Cliffs.

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Outstanding. And with the ikebana-like composition on the left plus the "rising sun" bokeh on the lower right, definitely has a nice, classic japanese feel. :)

fultonpics

well, our thread is drifting down. maybe with winter coming folks are putting their 200-400 in the closet for next spring? not out here--we got football, big waves (think maverick's), not to mention other excuses to get out and shoot on the weekend. here are two from this Saturday's big win for Stanford over Oregon. Being a Cal grad, I have to look past the the fact this is "Stanford" (or the "farm", the "tree", or whatever) and just say they have a great coach and some talented players, not to mention a nice shopping center. With J. Best out for Cal, I am not looking forward to the Big Game this year, especially if Stanford somehow pulls it out against USC next week. :-(

Not the greatest shots, but they were the first ones up on the net:

Lloyd

well, our thread is drifting down. maybe with winter coming folks are putting their 200-400 in the closet for next spring? not out here--we got football, big waves (think maverick's), not to mention other excuses to get out and shoot on the weekend. here are two from this Saturday's big win for Stanford over Oregon. Being a Cal grad, I have to look past the the fact this is "Stanford" (or the "farm", the "tree", or whatever) and just say they have a great coach and some talented players, not to mention a nice shopping center. With J. Best out for Cal, I am not looking forward to the Big Game this year, especially if Stanford somehow pulls it out against USC next week. :-(

Not the greatest shots, but they were the first ones up on the net:
Nice shots, and I have to admit, Stanford is starting to look like the real deal. Although I think the sleeper in the Pac-10 may be Arizona.

fultonpics

a few more from today's Sports Illustrated website...fans of course--seems like editors like these crazies. just think, you save all your life to afford $50K per year and this is what you kid turns into...

m_driscoll

Corian F/Lloyd: Belated thanks. Haven't looked at this thread in a while.

Fultonpics: great fan shots. Haven't been to a Husky game recently. I'm sure we have our colorful fans, also. My daughter went to Harvey Mudd (the sports power house in Claremont): no teams, no "fan" antics.

Cheers,

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Those fan shots are really great, Fulton :D

And Matt, beautiful capture of the Red-winged Blackbird !