The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Nikon 200/2 VR + D3X give me...

tdong

wow just love number 3 picture, this is the best of her face. Except for a few spot distracted from the background on the right the picture is awesome.

woodyspedden

Hahhahaha so funny! :D :D
I think the best choice would be take everything together :D
BTW, I forget to mention, with this combo I was able to get 2 models on the same day.!
Those pictures were taken in the morning,
now these picture below, were taken in the afternoon.
Introducing my friend "Yusni"

Andree
Andree

This Tia Carrerre look alike makes for some fun modeling/posing/looks good on a D3X title.

Great stuff and this camera, to me, is a winner. I don't compare cameras because there is always stuff that is overhyped and others that are just buried!

The proof of the pudding is really in the eating. Look at the images and decide for your self what would sell. Personally.......I love the look of the D3X files. Only an MFDB in the style of the P65+ would be a no brainer upgrade and even that, not for all occasions.

Many more folks need to forget the price of the D3X and focus on what it can do. I know that I do and every day I feel my purchase decision was right on. Now others, maybe a lot or even most, could disagree. But they aren't shooting my images.

Best to all, no matter what you use to get the results you want

Woody

S

S.P.

Andree

This Tia Carrerre look alike makes for some fun modeling/posing/looks good on a D3X title.

Great stuff and this camera, to me, is a winner. I don't compare cameras because there is always stuff that is overhyped and others that are just buried!

The proof of the pudding is really in the eating. Look at the images and decide for your self what would sell. Personally.......I love the look of the D3X files. Only an MFDB in the style of the P65+ would be a no brainer upgrade and even that, not for all occasions.

Many more folks need to forget the price of the D3X and focus on what it can do. I know that I do and every day I feel my purchase decision was right on. Now others, maybe a lot or even most, could disagree. But they aren't shooting my images.

Best to all, no matter what you use to get the results you want

Woody
Woody,

don´t you think you could achieve the look of this 1000 pixel webimages also with a D3 or D700 with this lens?

Most of all it´s the model which is hot and the lighting and the sharp-unsharp definition of the lens
but we won´t see any differences when these pictures would have been taken with a D700 and been downsized for web.

Stefan

fotografz

Woody,

don´t you think you could achieve the look of this 1000 pixel webimages also with a D3 or D700 with this lens?

Most of all it´s the model which is hot and the lighting and the sharp-unsharp definition of the lens
but we won´t see any differences when these pictures would have been taken with a D700 and been downsized for web.

Stefan
If web images are the goal, you don't need a D3/D700 either. You could slap this $5000. lens on a $600 Nikon.

Nice Andree - really like the B&W
x2

They are all stunning! Were these shot as 12-bit or 14-bit captures?

Stefan, I'm not sure what the point of that post was. These images would look equally stunning in 24x36 prints. If you think people are buying a D3x to make pretty Web pictures you are seriously deluded. If they actually are, they have more money than sense.

Woody, I know what you mean about the D3x and I really do think it is the best of breed right now just looking at the images, but I can't get too excited about until I can buy one in a D700 size package.

EDIT: Andree, I just can't tear myself away from that B&W, absolutely stunning image.

Last edited:

deepdiver

Hi Rob mac, thx :)

Hi Bill, Glad that you like the picture too :)
btw, these shots were captures using 12 BIT RAW.
Until today I really can't tell the different from 12 bit and 14 bit...
Can someone give me a sample photo, which can point out the different between 12 bit and 14 bit?

thank you
Andree

R

Ranger 9

If I understand correctly, the advantage of 14-bit vs. 12-bit is that 14-bit lets you make bigger post-processing adjustments without the risk of banding or posterization... such as if you had to fix an exposure mistake or try to pull in some very bright highlight or deep shadow detail. Once the adjustment had been made, there wouldn't be any visible difference between the 14-bit file and a 12-bit file that did not require adjustment.

Since your level of technical control seems to be extremely good -- almost as good as your model-recruiting abilities :) -- it's probably very rare for you to make a picture that needs 14 bits to be "rescued." So you might go for a very long time before you found any difference between 14 bits and 12 bits.

etrigan63

Andree, Andree, Andree. You poor, deluded slob. You realize these women are only interested in your huge lens.... :p

fultonpics

Andree, Andree, Andree. You poor, deluded slob. You realize these women are only interested in your huge lens....
I don't get that comment. I thought he was looking for critical feedback on the quality of his images. Oh well...

etrigan63

I don't get that comment. I thought he was looking for critical feedback on the quality of his images. Oh well...
We constantly jibe Andree about his model-recruitment skills (his "new friends") mostly out of jealosy. His shotwork is some of the best in it's class.

S

Sayitloudbap

I'll take a 200vr f2 with anything really. hell give me that and a d50. Thats right. I said it.