The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Beside the perfect stitch, quite an interesting composition with the green suburbs turning into cityscape -then the fog dressing the mountains in the remote backgroung. Lights, and DR, are just great.

Did not think you had this kind of issue with pollutants in your area, btw...

Last edited:

Lloyd

Beside the perfect stitch, quite an interesting composition with the green suburbs turning into cityscape -then the fog dressing the mountains in the remote backgroung. Lights, and DR, are just great.

Did not think you had this kind of issue with pollutants in your area, btw...
Thanks Corlan. We don't have an air pollution issue most of the year, but when it gets cold, and we get a ridge of high pressure, the cold air settles in the valley and we get an "inversion", with the warmer air up higher. This morning was a combination of that along with some fog, as we were right at the dew point. Made for some nice light, however.

Lloyd

Nice view Lloyd, is this where you live?
Thanks David. I live about 14 miles southeast from where this was taken. The shot is looking South, so just out of sight on the upper lefthand side. I was just killing time before an appointment in the downtown area this morning.

Lloyd

well you nailed it , I have been looking at that 24mmPCE lens...the cousin of the one you used

Michael Jacksons theater...in Gary

Thanks again Matt. I'm coveting that 24 PCE lens myself just now.

This shot is amazing. The decay here is sorta mind boggling actually.

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Lloyd, is it the lens you wanted to part with for months and finally decided to keep?
Looks pretty darn good...

Last edited: