The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Interesting day, yesterday.
- this is part of a fortified churches series.

CZ50M/2
(and i still hate jpeg conversion)

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Thanks ddk.
As mentionned earlier in this thread, you'd posted among the most interesting images here -that is , the former version of "fun with Nikon" :)
A truly original vision.

Leica77 - the last dancers image makes a fun balance with the other one you've posted on the same subject some days ago. Then a deep DOP and now a more than selective focus. A ttoal different approach and a complementary result. Nice.

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Thanks Jorgen.

It's from an area North of France called Thierarche.

There's about 70 churches in a splendid, countryside, hilly, remote area where the Roman (not from Rome...) style churches from the 11-13th century had been turned into semi-military outpost in the 17th century -hence the "fortified" nature of these churches in an area without castles.

Being somehow in the way of the Germans invaders (and long before that, the Dutch rogue batallions... the reason why they were fortified) some were destroyed by WW1 bombardments and more recently rehabilitated. So there's a great variety of them, still with a common feel.

I'm currently into an assigment shooting the most significant, will post more in time -probably featuring various PP :)

P.S. People around there are great, friendly fellows with sometimes 19th century -if not secular- traditions. You would just love it for portraits. :p

Leica 77

Hello Lloyd,
Many thanks for your positive comments. You are certainly one of my great mentors in this Forum and your encouragement is very much appreciated. Best regards, Leica 77 :)

Leica 77

Leica77 - the last dancers image makes a fun balance with the other one you've posted on the same subject some days ago. Then a deep DOP and now a more than selective focus. A ttoal different approach and a complementary result. Nice.
Hello Corlan F.,
I appreciate having your kind feedback. The stone church in northern France which is juxaposed with a boy on bicycle is a beautiful image. The semi-monochrome image enhances the historic depth and antiquity of the place. All the best, Leica 77 :)

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Hello Corlan F.,
I appreciate having your kind feedback. The stone church in northern France which is juxaposed with a boy on bicycle is a beautiful image. The semi-monochrome image enhances the historic depth and antiquity of the place. All the best, Leica 77 :)

Thank you - Not exactly sure what you mean here by "juxtaposed", so just in case: it's indeed one single photo with color post processing only :)

You're right about the semi-monochrome, that was spot on the reason for this processing -it kinda gives those churches their original age back, where otherwise the later brick modifications tend to makes them look more recent.

What gives their original age away is that, sturdy as they are, nothing is quite straight anymore. Not a parrallel wall, door or roof either. Old stones, and very, very old grounds.

Here's another one -with a slightly different PP- proudly overlooking an old vllage:

Leica 77

Thank you - Not exactly sure what you mean here by "juxtaposed", so just in case: it's indeed one single photo with color post processing only :)

You're right about the semi-monochrome, that was spot on the reason for this processing -it kinda gives those churches their original age back, where otherwise the later brick modifications tend to makes them look more recent.

What gives their original age away is that, sturdy as they are, nothing is quite straight anymore. Not a parrallel wall, door or roof either. Old stones, and very, very old grounds.

Here's another one -with a slightly different PP- proudly overlooking an old vllage:

Hello Corlan F.
Many thanks for your informative post and another beautiful image. It is wonderful that these monumental architectural legacies are well preserved through a number of restorations. These are truly significant heritage sites. All the best, Leica 77 :)

Leica 77

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon. Modern architecural legacies of Shanghai. AF Nikkor 18mm. Thank you for looking. Leica 77 :)

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Wow, a wonderful world and history tour of some spectacular architecture. In their own way, the churches seem every bit as impressive as the skyscrapers. Making round with stone has always amazed me. Thanks to both of you.

D

ddk

Warning, to corporate surfers, this thread contains nudity!

Thanks ddk.
As mentionned earlier in this thread, you'd posted among the most interesting images here -that is , the former version of "fun with Nikon" :)
A truly original vision.

Thank you Corian, very kind. I really like this set from the church, the architecture is very interesting and your compositions bring it to life.

Here's one from a current series that I'm working on

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Viablex: The title of that old James Cagny film immediately popped into my head... "Angels With Dirty Faces."

And this little guy.

Last edited:

Leica 77

Wow, a wonderful world and history tour of some spectacular architecture. In their own way, the churches seem every bit as impressive as the skyscrapers. Making round with stone has always amazed me. Thanks to both of you.
Hello TRSmith,
I always appreciate your sensitivity and sensibility when you evaluate our images. Many thanks. Leica 77 :)

Leica 77

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon. Good Family Friends. Nikon D300 + AF Nikkor 18-200 mm VR Lens. Thanks for looking. Leica 77 :)