The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

Lloyd

LLoyd, I've modified the old saying: "Those that can... do, those that can't... teach" to "... those that can't... take photos of those that can" :)
Not a bad plan... especially when you have such aesthetically pleasing subject matter! :bugeyes::bugeyes::bugeyes:

Leica 77

Red baron with wet feet is fantastic. Honest truth requires me to state though a slight preference for David's surfers for f, er, fun. (sorry couldn't resist) :D
Many thanks for your kind comments, Corlan F.! Despite the odds (nice Florida subject matter), Red Baron did his best to catch your attention. All the best! Leica 77 :)

Leica 77

L77,
Usually, I'm not all that fascinated with colour/b&w thingies, but this one works absolutely great :clap: :clap: :clap:
Hello Jorgen,
Many thanks for your kind comments. Your positive feedback is always very much appreciated. Your "Cuisine Royale" looks fascinating. To the eyes of some people, things may look cluttered here and there. However, I have seen well organized neat clutters during my travels ... Things appear to be very well placed and functionally well organized at "Cuisine Royale". All the best, Leica 77 :)

Leica 77

The Royal Family is an important institution in the Thai society, and at most work places, there are photos of the king and other members of the family. In this case, it's the king, his sister, who passed away last year, and his grandfather, King Chulalongkorn.

D80 with Tamron 17-50mm @ 20mm and f/2.8

Hello Jorgen,
To the eyes of some people, things may look cluttered here and there. However, I have seen well organized neat clutters during my travels ... At "Cuisine Royale", things appear to be very well placed (photos of the King, his family, a Buddhist priest and a wall clock!) and functionally well organized (pots and bowls). It's a great shot!!! All the best, Leica 77 :)

Leica 77

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon. "Love 2009". Nikon D300 + AF Nikkor 18-200mm VR Lens. Thank you for looking. Leica 77 :)

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon. "Love 2009". Nikon D300 + AF Nikkor 18-200mm VR Lens. Thank you for looking. Leica 77 :)

That's a perfect, multilayered, composition :thumbup:

On the semantic side, i kinda see here a form of (strong) irony about modern urban extravaganza and values. But maybe it's just me, having quit this metropolitan craze for the slow, modest countryside way of life... :)

Leica 77

That's a perfect, multilayered, composition :thumbup:

On the semantic side, i kinda see here a form of (strong) irony about modern urban extravaganza and values. But maybe it's just me, having quit this metropolitan craze for the slow, modest countryside way of life... :)
Hello Corlan F.,
Many thanks for your thoughtful input and reflective comments. These days, I hardly watch TV because of exactly what you have just stated. I am also too busy, in part, to watch TV. There is just too much "hype", "glitz", "extravaganza" (like you say), exegerated "metropolitan craziness" and the list can go on ... You have probably noticed that I have recently posted some images with a theme to contrast what's traditional and what's modern in our societies. We can also draw a parallel between rural and urban. Your beautiful images also reflect the dichotomy. All the best, Leica 77 :)

Lloyd

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon. Nikon D300 + AF Nikkor 18-200mm VR Lens. Thank you for looking. Leica 77 :)

This is beautiful, L77.

And FWIW, I pretty much stopped watching television a couple of years ago for the same reasons.

Lloyd

Maybe we should start a club. I haven't owned a TV in 8 years :)

Beautiful photos again, L77
I have to confess that I own a 25-year-old 13 inch, which I did use to watch the Tour de France this year. So I did fall off the wagon for three weeks there! :eek:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I have to confess that I own a 25-year-old 13 inch, which I did use to watch the Tour de France this year. So I did fall off the wagon for three weeks there! :eek:
Ha ha... I found a website that transferred it directly, with English commentators :D

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I tried to get that, but couldn't make it work. So, same deal, different delivery system. I feel exonerated. Thanks!!:D
I don't really haven anything against TV. My father is a retired TV director, so I kind of got to see all sides of it, but at some point I thought that, "Hey, it's just a box that distributes noise and images. Why bother?"

I actually considered buying one, since I have a gf who may or may not be moving in (Asian girls are born TV addicts). So I went to a big department store down the road here, one that had millions of models on display. But while the guys working there tried to explain all the more or less subtle differences to me, I just saw lots of colours flickering through my mind. Very disturbing :confused:

It did strike me though, that I could get a very large TV for the price of a very small lens :(

Lloyd

It did strike me though, that I could get a very large TV for the price of a very small lens :(
Funny how I don't even blink (ok, well, sometimes), at the price of a lens I've just gotta have, but can't imagine paying for that big screen TV. ;)

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Joining the club -no TV here either for more 10 years (and mostly travelling before that). Just now a monitor to watch sport from time to time, which requires 10 minutes to hook up each time. And i concur, today's image is plain ugly.

Still love cinema though, so we have a theater room with an old CRT VP, with this time a terrific analog image quality. Great for films once in a while. No cable hookep up though, tape and dvds only.

Beside that, our 12 year-old daughter (the tiger one) haven't seen more than a couple of hours of TV in her life time. Her choice, even at her grand-parents' she never cares for it.

Interesting how you can live without these things, even though you don't make it a religion or even an active behaviour. Just happens, i guess.

The former agressively kill your eyesight, where the latter gently enlighten it.
Priceless, isn't it ? :)