The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

Leica 77

I really like these graphic themes Tim, simple and effective!

Leica 77, I thought that I used to get around a lot but now I see that you're the king of the gypsies! Would be nice to put a name to the moniker by now...
Hello ddk,
Many thanks for your positive feedback. Life is a journey and I enjoy seeing the diversity of people and cultures in different parts of our precious planet! Best regards, Leica 77 :)

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Leica77, The women are captured beautifully (and are beautiful women)...the baby looks like he is not too sure about you.:ROTFL:

Tim, Please keep the graphic designs coming.

Leica 77

A continuation of the graphic theme. It starts with a photo but then becomes something else. Kind of fun. This is a shadow of a star leaning in the window.
Hello TRSmith,
I very much enjoy seeing your beautiful images. The color is particularly nice with this one. All the best, Leica 77 :)

D

ddk

Thanks! It seems I can't escape my Graphic Design background. It still surprises me how many seem to like them. They are extremely processed and far from reality.
That's not at all how I see them. I find both your star and the earlier green pond very real, you're doing an admirable job of inviting me into the frame and allowing my imagination to take over. How can it be over processed when I, the viewer, don't notice it?

Leica 77

Leica77, The women are captured beautifully (and are beautiful women)...the baby looks like he is not too sure about you.:ROTFL:

Tim, Please keep the graphic designs coming.
Hello Cindy Flood,
Many thanks for your kind comments. I agree that the baby was not so sure about my digital SLR + AF Nikkor zoom lens or myself! It's possible that the baby might have been hungry. I was getting hungry at that moment and was able to obtain something to eat from a Spanish food stand. There is still a lot of Spanish and Mexican cultural influence in the Philippines. During the Spanish Era, the Manila galleons connected Manila with Acapulco through the trans-Pacific trade. That ocean trade route was pioneered by Magellan in the 16th century. Best regards, Leica 77 :)

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
L77, your photos from this part of the world fascinates me, and it's interesting to see how different the world looks depending on who's the interpreter. It's a pity that Mitch isn't active on these forum any longer, since he represented the opposite end of the interpretation.

Lloyd

Thanks, Lloyd. And yes, the stars are very close here in Maine. They'd come right in the house if we'd let them. But we discourage that sort of thing since they tend to leave a lot of dust behind. :D
:ROTFL: Ok, that cracks me up! :ROTFL:

Leica 77

L77, your photos from this part of the world fascinates me, and it's interesting to see how different the world looks depending on who's the interpreter. It's a pity that Mitch isn't active on these forum any longer, since he represented the opposite end of the interpretation.
Hello Jorgen,
Many thanks for your positive comments! Indeed, the world appears very different through the eyes (lenses) of the beholder. Your eyes and lenses are quite sharp and your images are indeed fascinating! Cheers! Leica 77 :)

Leica 77

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon. Icons of American (Pop) Culture at a Manila Restaurant, Philippines. Nikon D300 + AF Nikkor 18-200mm VR. Thank you for looking. Leica 77 :)

Leica 77

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon. Panoramas (three-photo stitches). Nikon D300 + AF Nikkor 18-200mm VR. Thank you for looking. Leica 77 :)

Looking towards Manila Bay (left) and Intramuros in the wooded area in the center at some distance. Spanish or Manila Galleons connected Manila (the Old World) with Acapulco (the New World) through the trans-Pacific trade during the Spanish Era. Inside Intramuros (the walled city), many well preserved Spanish Era heritage sites remain, including Fort Santiago.

New high-end condominiums are being built in the Makati area, Manila, Philippines.

Z

zetablues

P6000 rocks

Eastern Rock
(EV -0.7, ISO 400, f5, 1/17 sec., no flash, RAW-conversion)
Regards
Lutz

Leica 77

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon. MV Agusta at a Manila restaurant. Nikon D300 + AF Nikkor 18-200mm VR. Thank you for looking. Leica 77 :)

Last edited: