Site Sponsors
Page 48 of 100 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 98 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,400 of 4957

Thread: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

  1. #2351
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    [QUOTE=shtarka1;165030]
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    My doctor (and my loving wife) put me on a very restrictive diet to try and get some issues under control. I'm ok with it really, as it beats the alternatives, but still...

    Lloyd, your in Good Hand's! Your Wife is an Elite Athlete who im sure knows a thing or two about a healthy diet & exercise program. Listen to what she says & you'll be fine....
    Thanks Steve. I'm trying to adopt (and adapt) her mantra, the one she repeats before a big race, when she's worried she's not prepared: "Trust the training!" Still, all things considered, I wish I was going for dinner at Mossimo's in the North End tonight. Just sayin'...

  2. #2352
    Subscriber Member Corlan F.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,433
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    381

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    foie gras and scallops sauté!?!
    Here they say you can have that provided that you add lemon to the creamy safran sauce and just a couple glass of Chablis (personal find: 1er cru works better). Though Pouilly Fuissé seems to do the trick, too.

    Of course it's healthy only with the classic expresso & Bas-Armagnac digestif.

    Just don't do lens sharpness tests for the following couple hours...


  3. #2353
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Quote Originally Posted by Corlan F. View Post
    Here they say you can have that provided that you add lemon to the creamy safran sauce and just a couple glass of Chablis (personal find: 1er cru works better). Though Pouilly Fuissé seems to do the trick, too.

    Of course it's healthy only with the classic expresso & Bas-Armagnac digestif.

    Just don't do lens sharpness tests for the following couple hours...

  4. #2354
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    [QUOTE=Lloyd;165034]
    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post

    Thanks Steve. I'm trying to adopt (and adapt) her mantra, the one she repeats before a big race, when she's worried she's not prepared: "Trust the training!" Still all things considered, I wish I was going for dinner at Mossimo's in the North End tonight.
    Hey...Thats my neck of the woods! We could always order you some fresh sea bass & steamed vegetables....Me & Vito Mossimo went to different schools together...He owes me a favor...

  5. #2355
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    [QUOTE=shtarka1;165040]
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post

    Hey...Thats my neck of the woods! We could always order you some fresh sea bass & steamed vegetables....Me & Vito Mossimo went to different schools together...He owes me a favor...
    I think that choice would pass muster.

    I miss your "neck of the woods". My mother is from Boston, and we lived in Cambridge for a while years ago... corner of Museum and Gorham, right across the street from the Harvard Divinity School. I stopped by there a couple of years ago to take some pictures. The current owner confronted me, but relented when I explained my history with the place.

  6. #2356
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    [QUOTE=Lloyd;165042]
    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post

    I think that choice would pass muster.

    I miss your "neck of the woods". My mother is from Boston, and we lived in Cambridge for a while years ago... corner of Museum and Gorham, right across the street from the Harvard Divinity School. I stopped by there a couple of years ago to take some pictures. The current owner confronted me, but relented when I explained my history with the place.
    Aha...Neighbor! So you were a Larry Bird,Carl Yastremski & Bobby Orr Fan?






    North End


    Inside Museum Of Science

  7. #2357
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    [QUOTE=shtarka1;165069]
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post

    Aha...Neighbor! So you were a Larry Bird,Carl Yastremski & Bobby Orr Fan?
    Nostalgia galore. Yes, all of the above, but the Sox above all. My mother, who will be 80 this coming year, was a huge Sox fan... she sat by the radio as a kid, and kept score in a scorebook. She still has stacks of them. She's a very quiet person by nature, but when they finally won the series she was literally jumping up and down and screaming. I was so happy for her, I cried.

  8. #2358
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    [QUOTE=Lloyd;165080]
    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post

    Nostalgia galore. Yes, all of the above, but the Sox above all. My mother, who will be 80 this coming year, was a huge Sox fan... she sat by the radio as a kid, and kept score in a scorebook. She still has stacks of them. She's a very quiet person by nature, but when they finally won the series she was literally jumping up and down and screaming. I was so happy for her, I cried.
    That's Awesome! My mom was an insane Celtics fan & like your mom, never missed a game on tv or WRKO radio! Just lost my mom a year ago, but i can still hear her voice in a Romanian accent..."Ah C'Mon Larry"! She used to call Bill Fitch, Bill Finch. Took her to a few games at the old Garden too. Miss the Old Buzzard! Nice story Lloyd. Send Her My Best.

  9. #2359
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Moscow, Russia
    Posts
    419
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    Appreciate it Corlan!

    Thanks Jorgen!


    Alex...Too Cold For Me!
    For me too! ... But who cares?

  10. #2360
    Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pratamnak
    Posts
    9,336
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2157

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    My doctor (and my loving wife) put me on a very restrictive diet to try and get some issues under control. I'm ok with it really, as it beats the alternatives, but still...
    That looks serious, and reminds me of a very disturbing moment a few days ago, when I called the restaurant of my father's (and my) favourite chef the other day, to book a table for Christmas Eve:

    José, with his mild French accent: I'm afraid you can't reserve a table on Christmas Eve. We're closed.

    Me: But Norwegians celebrate Christmas on Christmas Eve. How can you be closed?

    José: So do the French. That's the reason why we are closed.

    Me: Silence.

    So we have to struggle through seven courses at the Swiss guy's place instead. Lloyd, I'll send you a friendly thought while we navigate our way from Amuse Bouche to Crepes Jubilées. Cheers
    Last edited by Jorgen Udvang; 14th December 2009 at 17:17.

  11. #2361
    Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pratamnak
    Posts
    9,336
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2157

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    ... and the balloon.

    S5 with Tamron 17-50 @ 17mm and f/11


  12. #2362
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Quote Originally Posted by Jorgen Udvang View Post
    That looks serious, and reminds me of a very disturbing moment a few days ago, when I called the restaurant of my father's (and my) favourite chef the other day, to book a table for Christmas Eve:

    José, with his mild French accent: I'm afraid you can't reserve a table on Christmas Eve. We're closed.

    Me: But Norwegians celebrate Christmas on Christmas Eve. How can you be closed?

    José: So do the French. That's the reason why we are closed.

    Me: Silence.

    So we have to struggle through seven courses at the Swiss guy's place instead. Lloyd, I'll send you a friendly thought while we navigate our way from Amuse Bouche to Crepes Jubilées. Cheers
    You're a pal, Jorgen. Many thanks.

  13. #2363
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Quote Originally Posted by Corlan F. View Post
    Now this is an instant classic. Part Alex Webb, part HCB...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorgen Udvang View Post
    Great photo, and again, your processing makes this into pure joy
    shtarka1: +1. Very stylish shot. Filmic. Cheers.

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  14. #2364
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Quote Originally Posted by Corlan F. View Post
    Like the bear shots very much, Matt, they're very tri-dimensionnal.

    (technical note -and interrogation- the first time i looked at them it was on IE8 the second time today on Firefox. For some reason the 3D effect is much more dramatic with the latter... doesn't seem related to color profiling (IE not compliant)... go figure)
    Corlan F: Thanks. I'm viewing them on Safari. I'll have to check them out on IE8. I've used the adjustment brush in Lightroom2 and desaturated (-10) the green backgrounds. It seems to make the bears standout a bit. Cheers.

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  15. #2365
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Viablex1: Great "Birthday" shots. The cropped version's really nice. Cheers.

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  16. #2366
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    My doctor (and my loving wife) put me on a very restrictive diet to try and get some issues under control. I'm ok with it really, as it beats the alternatives, but still...

    D300, 17-55/2.8 @ f11, 1/200 ISO 200:
    Lloyd: I don't know. I'd probably keep my window rolled up and look the other way. Stay healthy. Cheers.

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  17. #2367
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Quote Originally Posted by Jorgen Udvang View Post
    ... and the balloon.

    S5 with Tamron 17-50 @ 17mm and f/11

    Jorgen: It's always fun where you're at! Nice balloon. Cheers.

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  18. #2368
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Mi Piace Cafe

    Our favorite espresso stand closed this summer. This is the "closing" party. We'd been going there for 20+ years. Owned by sisters and our friends. Sad. I processed them all in Lightzone. Thanks for looking. Cheers.

    1. D700; 14-24mm f/2.8; 14mm; 1/750s @ f/13; ISO 560

    2. D700; 14-24mm f/2.8; 19mm; 1/125s @ f/5.6; ISO 560


    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  19. #2369
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    [QUOTE=m_driscoll;165185]shtarka1: +1. Very stylish shot. Filmic. Cheers.

    Thanks Matt! Nice set also..sorry to hear about the closing ..

    Jorgen, Fun Balloon Image!

  20. #2370
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mi Piace Cafe

    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    Our favorite espresso stand closed this summer. This is the "closing" party. We'd been going there for 20+ years. Owned by sisters and our friends. Sad. I processed them all in Lightzone. Thanks for looking. Cheers.
    I'm sorry to hear about this as well. Too many unique, local places, with their wonderful character and personality have given way to the chains. Knock someone out cold and take them to any major mall in the country. When they wake up, they'll probably have no idea where they are... all the stores are the same.

  21. #2371
    Subscriber Member Corlan F.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,433
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    381

    Re: Mi Piace Cafe

    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    I'm sorry to hear about this as well. Too many unique, local places, with their wonderful character and personality have given way to the chains. Knock someone out cold and take them to any major mall in the country. When they wake up, they'll probably have no idea where they are... all the stores are the same.
    And everyday it's more and more of the same, worldwide... pity.
    Last edited by Corlan F.; 15th December 2009 at 07:16.

  22. #2372
    Subscriber Member Corlan F.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,433
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    381

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Something different... Two swallows on a wire.


    One left on a whim,


  23. #2373
    Subscriber Member Corlan F.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,433
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    381

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    The other one decided to go for the jump.


  24. #2374
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Corlan, nice tone,contrast & composition! Love the simplicity of the 2nd one! The wire gives it a nice perspective!

  25. #2375
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon



    D300, 70-200vr

  26. #2376
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post

    D300, 70-200vr
    Looks like the theme is little birds this morning... here and Corlan's images.

    Very nice moment, beautifully processed, Steve.

  27. #2377
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    Corlan, nice tone,contrast & composition! Love the simplicity of the 2nd one! The wire gives it a nice perspective!
    +1

  28. #2378
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    Looks like the theme is little birds this morning... here and Corlan's images.

    Very nice moment, beautifully processed, Steve.
    Thanks Brotha!

  29. #2379
    Senior Member viablex1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,462
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    that balloon kicks ***!!!

    from rural , TN today


  30. #2380
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Quote Originally Posted by viablex1 View Post
    that balloon kicks ***!!!

    from rural , TN today
    Marvelous light Matt. Really amazing. Looks like some paper hanger has some explaining to do.

  31. #2381
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Super IQ Mr. Viablex1! Love it!

  32. #2382
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Quote Originally Posted by viablex1 View Post
    that balloon kicks ***!!!

    from rural , TN today
    Beautiful light and texture. I guess that second layer of wallpaper didn't take. Out of curiosity: do you run into squatters or the homeless very often? Cheers.

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  33. #2383
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post


    D300, 70-200vr
    Nice composition and subject isolation. Very simple; but, dynamic. Cheers.


  34. #2384
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    I like this lens. What are "Medjool" dates? Cheers.

    D700; 85mm f/1.4; 1/500s; ISO 400


    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  35. #2385
    Senior Member viablex1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,462
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    Beautiful light and texture. I guess that second layer of wallpaper didn't take. Out of curiosity: do you run into squatters or the homeless very often? Cheers.

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
    thanks all man that 85 what a killer lens...


    I have run into some homeless, once in a school in detroit but was with like 5 people with big mag lites, he looked at us we at him and he moved on, in atlnata some, and in bessemer alabama once but mostly nobody...

  36. #2386
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    NORCAL
    Posts
    304
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    speaking of the Boston Red Sox.... remember when this guy used to hang around there?


  37. #2387
    Senior Member otumay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Istanbul, Turkey
    Posts
    1,690
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    I like this lens. What are "Medjool" dates? Cheers.

    D700; 85mm f/1.4; 1/500s; ISO 400
    Excellent shot, Matt. Funny, I was out with the same combo last Saturday and took quite a number of shots. Though I'm still working on them, I can confidently say that the 85/1.4 has a bit of a vignetting problem, of which I wasn't aware until I upgraded to D700. I shall try to post a few examples soon.
    By the way, here is what I found on medjool dates in Wikipedia:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoenix_dactylifera
    Best,
    Osman

  38. #2388
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    [QUOTE=m_driscoll;165507]Nice composition and subject isolation. Very simple; but, dynamic. Cheers.

    Thanks Matt! Nice Creamy Bokeh on the "Dates" Image!

    Fulton...Great "Manny being Manny" Shot!

  39. #2389
    Senior Member viablex1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,462
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    My friend currently attending the Art Institute in Atlanta








  40. #2390
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    My Great Niece Ava...



    D700 R 80 Lux

  41. #2391
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    My Great Niece Ava...

    D700 R 80 Lux
    That's a fantastic image, Steve.

  42. #2392
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    That's a fantastic image, Steve.
    Thanks Lloyd. She's a real Hoot!

  43. #2393
    Senior Member viablex1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,462
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    love the expression on her face she does look like she might have a sense of humor

  44. #2394
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Quote Originally Posted by viablex1 View Post
    love the expression on her face she does look like she might have a sense of humor
    Thanks! She does bring our family a lot of Joy....& my koo koo family needs it!

  45. #2395
    Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pratamnak
    Posts
    9,336
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2157

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    My Great Niece Ava...

    D700 R 80 Lux
    Superb portrait

  46. #2396
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Quote Originally Posted by fultonpics View Post
    speaking of the Boston Red Sox.... remember when this guy used to hang around there?
    Very nice. Just saw your Stanford Tiger and family shot on TV. Hope you get royalties. Cheers.

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  47. #2397
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Quote Originally Posted by otumay View Post
    Excellent shot, Matt. Funny, I was out with the same combo last Saturday and took quite a number of shots. Though I'm still working on them, I can confidently say that the 85/1.4 has a bit of a vignetting problem, of which I wasn't aware until I upgraded to D700. I shall try to post a few examples soon.
    By the way, here is what I found on medjool dates in Wikipedia:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoenix_dactylifera
    Best,
    Osman
    Osman: Thanks. I'd like to see your examples. Typically, I'm applying vignetting in PP; so, maybe I didn't notice. Also, didn't know there were so many varieties of dates!

    Steve: Thanks. Nice B & W of your niece. Contrasty without looking harsh.

    Viablex1: Nice to see the old ways aren't forgotten. How long do you estimate it takes for each shot?

    Cheers.
    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  48. #2398
    Senior Member otumay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Istanbul, Turkey
    Posts
    1,690
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    My Great Niece Ava...

    D700 R 80 Lux
    Steve, what a wonderful portrait! Ava made my day! Please hug her for me

    Best,
    Osman

  49. #2399
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Quote Originally Posted by Jorgen Udvang View Post
    Superb portrait
    Appreciate it Jorgen!


    Steve: " Nice B & W of your niece. Contrasty without looking harsh."
    Thank You Matt.



    Quote Originally Posted by otumay View Post
    Steve, what a wonderful portrait! Ava made my day! Please hug her for me

    Best,
    Osman
    Thanks Very Much Osman! I Shall Throw In A Hug For You My Friend!

  50. #2400
    Subscriber Member Corlan F.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,433
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    381

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    I like this lens. What are "Medjool" dates? Cheers.
    This is nice, Matt.
    If it's from the Farmer's Market, looking at the prices it sounds like the original philosophy of the place is long gone...



    Steve, seconding everyone here. The whole Ava series on your gallery looks terrific -the thrid photo from the left there is just... wow!
    (btw sorry for calling you "Mark" before, just stopped at the name present in the signature link at the time)



    Quote Originally Posted by viablex1 View Post
    My friend currently attending the Art Institute in Atlanta
    Well, this is no point&shoot!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •