The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

leif e

Autumn is doing it´s best already around here. Which also means the afternoon sun is getting low; at the same time sending some nice beams of light through the trees here and there.
leif e

D200. Nikkor-P 2,8/180 wide open, bw in Silver Efex Pro

Last edited:

Lloyd

Autumn is doing it´s best already around here. Which also means the afternoon sun is getting low; at the same time sending some nice beams of light through the trees here and there.
leif e

D200. Nikkor-P 2,8/180 wide open, bw in Silver Efex Pro
Those are really wonderful, Leif. A those b/w conversions are about as good as it gets. :clap::clap:

I too love the light angle this time of year (although at your latitude you are ahead of us here for certain).

leif e

Thanks, Lloyd. We´re leading the game - for sure! It´s dark around 8 p.m. already.

I liked those fishing pics! A beautiful trout! :)

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Interview with Italian chef. Camera in one hand, pen in the other, more or less :)

D80 with 50mm f/1.8 @ f/2.2

I've been wondering about that Sigma 50mm for portraits sometimes, but is it really four times better than this?

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Thanks Lloyd, and Jorgen. I liked this simple piece of old, deep coutryside landscape down the -small- road. There was indeed a timeless earthy athmosphere... stopped there for 20 minutes after taking the shot, for no other reason than breathe calmly.

Leif, really like the wood boards. Btw 8 PM is not that bad for night time :)

Last edited:

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Interview with Italian chef. Camera in one hand, pen in the other, more or less :)

I've been wondering about that Sigma 50mm for portraits sometimes, but is it really four times better than this?
Disclaimer: we're all aware you'd get good results with pretty much anything so it's a hard question -even rhetorical- to answer.

Having said that, the Nikon 50 1.4G is a terrific performer for the size and price and would undoubtedly find its place in your travel bag. Then we could enjoy the even improved images you'll posted here.

You should get one :D

Lloyd

Wonderful portrait, Jorgen. And, no, it's not (4x better).

leif e

Thanks, Corian!
Lloyd, I´m sure my wife will forgive me for posting this monument over her biggest trout of this summer. It ended up as a great meal - cooked by yours truly. :D
leif e

Last edited:

Lloyd

Thanks, Corian!
Lloyd, I´m sure my wife will forgive me for posting this monument over her biggest trout of this summer. It ended up as a great meal - cooked by yours truly. :D
leif e
Beautiful trout (and beautiful wife). Looks like a meal's worth for sure. :thumbup:

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Hey Viablex, do live on the set of an old Mad Max movie or what? You find this stuff everywhere! That RV is a real fixer upper!

Lloyd

Wow. That's awesome. Great work.

There was a house trailer looked like that years ago (1971), out in the dunes on the beach near Gulf Breeze, Florida. Tried to use it for shelter from a storm once. Didn't offer much protection.