The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

Lloyd

Thanks Lloyd! A couple more from my rainy walk. I really have to try and get off the property and out amongst some people! Leaves and flowers are starting to get to me.

The last rose, with the 105 at f2.5. Leaves are at maybe 5.6.
Those are beauties, Tim. I'm not sure I be able to hold still enough to get all that rose in focus wide open. I'm going to have to get mine out and fired up. I loaned it to my uncle in Virginia... just hope it comes home free of fungus. He was a Leica shooter for years, and offered to loan me some of his old, longer glass. I was shocked when it arrived, the elements were almost covered with fungus... all three lenses were beyond recovery. What a waste.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Those are beauties, Tim. I'm not sure I be able to hold still enough to get all that rose in focus wide open. I'm going to have to get mine out and fired up. I loaned it to my uncle in Virginia... just hope it comes home free of fungus. He was a Leica shooter for years, and offered to loan me some of his old, longer glass. I was shocked when it arrived, the elements were almost covered with fungus... all three lenses were beyond recovery. What a waste.
That is a shame. I wonder how many fantastic lenses are being wasted, forgotten or ignored in a box in the attic. It does seem like a waste.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Yesterday was the day for the annual Buffalo Races in Chonburi. It's a great event with lots of things going on. Not all the jockeys made it to the finish though...

S5 with 80-200 AF-S and Tamron 1.4x TC @ 170mm and f/5.0

Lloyd

Yesterday was the day for the annual Buffalo Races in Chonburi. It's a great event with lots of things going on. Not all the jockeys made it to the finish though...

S5 with 80-200 AF-S and Tamron 1.4x TC @ 170mm and f/5.0
Great moment.... perfectly timed. Looks like fun event to watch.

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Action packed shot!
Though for some reason i'd rather try Clay's ride above :rolleyes:

Both quite nice captures... for different reasons :)

(PS too bad we've to live in a watermark world...)

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Another water buffalo, this one with the jockey in the correct position. Sorry about the watermark on the previous one. Paranoia strikes again :) It doesn't matter, does it? Photos get stolen anyway... :rolleyes:

S5 with 80-200 AF-S @ 200mm and f/2.8

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
This one's even more intense... contestant here is definitely focused (on his goal)!

(look at the good side of things: you want one of your pictures stolen on a, say, MS worlwide tv campaign... now you can afford that cosy balinese island :rolleyes:)

Lloyd

Another water buffalo, this one with the jockey in the correct position. Sorry about the watermark on the previous one. Paranoia strikes again :) It doesn't matter, does it? Photos get stolen anyway... :rolleyes:

S5 with 80-200 AF-S @ 200mm and f/2.8
Another amazing shot, Jorgen. Perfect moment.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Did I mention the Pretty Girls? No event in Thailand without pretty girls, muddy men and pretty girls... what would life be without them anyway :p Buffaloes on the other hand... :rolleyes:

S5 with 80-200 AF S @ 80mm and f/6.3

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
And for the children...

S5 with 80-200 AF-S @ 200mm and f/4.0

... there were some real scary moments... :eek:

s5 with 80-200 AF-S @ 200mm and f/4.0

Last edited:
D

ddk

The raging bulls are wonderful Jorgen and so is the portrait of this little boy!