Site Sponsors
Page 80 of 100 FirstFirst ... 30 70 78 79 80 81 82 90 ... LastLast
Results 3,951 to 4,000 of 4957

Thread: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

  1. #3951
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Muelver View Post
    Matt... I've got more :-D Your Seattle shots are fantastic! Really want to get there someday...
    That first set is sweet, Jason, but we won't believe you have more unless we see them.

  2. #3952
    Senior Member Jason Muelver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    653
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    That first set is sweet, Jason, but we won't believe you have more unless we see them.
    OK, Lloyd. Just for you!




    http://jasonedwardphoto.com http://jasonmuelver.tumblr.com
    Nikon FX, Leica M8, Mamiya 645, Canon F-1

  3. #3953
    Senior Member m3photo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,043
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    28

    Re: Grandad

    Many thanks to Lloyd, Otumay and Jørgen.

  4. #3954
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Muelver View Post
    OK, Lloyd. Just for you!


    Self portrait? Nice.

  5. #3955
    Senior Member Jason Muelver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    653
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Alright, alright...

    This one better?

    http://jasonedwardphoto.com http://jasonmuelver.tumblr.com
    Nikon FX, Leica M8, Mamiya 645, Canon F-1

  6. #3956
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Muelver View Post
    Alright, alright...

    This one better?
    Excellent... nicely proportioned... er, I mean composed.

  7. #3957
    Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pratamnak
    Posts
    9,343
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2157

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    Jorgen: Thanks. The two young girls at the fish market; or, the two in the cafe? Do you have an adapter for the S5 that allows the Nikkor lenses?
    I was thinking about the two in the cafe.

    The S5 is an F-mount body. Basically, it's a Nikon D200 with Fuji sensor and electronics. The S3 was a Nikon F80 (N80) with the same Fuji sensor and an integrated vertical grip.

  8. #3958
    Subscriber Member TRSmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Central Maine, U.S.A.
    Posts
    2,406
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    9

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    Excellent... nicely proportioned... er, I mean composed.
    +1.

    There's a little something (can't quite put my finger on it) that really stands out about that photo.

  9. #3959
    Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pratamnak
    Posts
    9,343
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2157

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    I did some potraits during an interview yesterday. After a few shots while he was talking with the journalist, I thought I'd try something a bit more formal, and ended up with this one. No flash and a D80 with a shutter that was terminally ill, so only every third click resulted in a photo.

    D80 with Tamron 17-50 @ 38mm and f/2.8



    For once, I'll post one that didn't turn out as it should. Unfortunately, he leaned forward just as I was taking the photo, destroying the framing. Still I like it, since it was the most relaxed photo in what was a rather formal setting (a business club at the top of some office building).

    D80 with 85mm f/1.8 @ f/2.5


  10. #3960
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Muelver View Post
    Alright, alright...

    This one better?

    Smokin!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorgen Udvang View Post
    I did some potraits during an interview yesterday. After a few shots while he was talking with the journalist, I thought I'd try something a bit more formal, and ended up with this one. No flash and a D80 with a shutter that was terminally ill, so only every third click resulted in a photo.

    D80 with Tamron 17-50 @ 38mm and f/2.8



    For once, I'll post one that didn't turn out as it should. Unfortunately, he leaned forward just as I was taking the photo, destroying the framing. Still I like it, since it was the most relaxed photo in what was a rather formal setting (a business club at the top of some office building).

    D80 with 85mm f/1.8 @ f/2.5

    Fine job Jorgen!

  11. #3961
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post

    Fine job Jorgen!
    Yup. What he said.

  12. #3962
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Jason: Thanks and thanks for posting!

    Jorgen: Thanks for the info. Great businessman shots. Haven't seen striped suits and gold watches around here for a while. Maybe some lawyers and bankers downtown? Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  13. #3963
    Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pratamnak
    Posts
    9,343
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2157

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Muelver View Post
    Alright, alright...

    This one better?

    Suddenly, I feel a strong urge to hire an assistant...

  14. #3964
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Some from early this evening at the park...

    1.

    2.

    3.

    4.

    5.

    6.
    D3, 300VRI 2.8

  15. #3965
    Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pratamnak
    Posts
    9,343
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2157

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    Jason: Thanks and thanks for posting!

    Jorgen: Thanks for the info. Great businessman shots. Haven't seen striped suits and gold watches around here for a while. Maybe some lawyers and bankers downtown? Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
    Thanks guys. The man is a tax, business and accounting consultant. Who would have thunk

  16. #3966
    Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pratamnak
    Posts
    9,343
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2157

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Steve, 4 is great, 6 is fantastic

  17. #3967
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Here's the same image with different processing. The photo suffered from soft focus on the women in the middle. My efforts were to rectify that and make her the subject of the photo. The first photo was done my usual way with help from the LR2 adjustment brush. The second photo was taken into LightZone and more massively tweaked. Cheers, Matt.

    D700; 85mm f/1.4; 1/2500s @ f/1.4; ISO 640




    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  18. #3968
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Jason: Very nice follow-up shots!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jorgen Udvang View Post
    Suddenly, I feel a strong urge to hire an assistant...
    Jorgen: +1. If, I didn't want to stay married!

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    Some from early this evening at the park...

    1.
    Steve: I like them all. Great stuff; but, especially this one.

    Cheers, Matt.

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  19. #3969
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Osman: Here's some photos with the 200mm f/2. Really enjoyed your photos using it. Cheers, Matt.

    1. D3; 200mm f/2; 1/200s @ f/5; ISO 1600


    2. D3; 200mm f/2; 1/200s @ f/5; ISO 1600


    3. D3; 200mm f/2; 1/200s @ f/5; ISO 1600


    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  20. #3970
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Quote Originally Posted by Jorgen Udvang View Post
    Steve, 4 is great, 6 is fantastic
    Appreciate it Jorgen!
    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post






    Steve: I like them all. Great stuff; but, especially this one.

    Cheers, Matt.

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
    Thanks Matt!

  21. #3971
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    Here's the same image with different processing. The photo suffered from soft focus on the women in the middle. My efforts were to rectify that and make her the subject of the photo. The first photo was done my usual way with help from the LR2 adjustment brush. The second photo was taken into LightZone and more massively tweaked. Cheers, Matt.

    D700; 85mm f/1.4; 1/2500s @ f/1.4; ISO 640




    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
    Like the "cooking" on this one Matt...
    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    Osman: Here's some photos with the 200mm f/2. Really enjoyed your photos using it. Cheers, Matt.

    1. D3; 200mm f/2; 1/200s @ f/5; ISO 1600


    2. D3; 200mm f/2; 1/200s @ f/5; ISO 1600


    3. D3; 200mm f/2; 1/200s @ f/5; ISO 1600


    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
    These shots just Mesmerize me! The Power,Beauty & Grace...Awesome!

  22. #3972
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post

    These shots just Mesmerize me! The Power,Beauty & Grace...Awesome!
    I'll have to second that one. Incredible.

    Steve, those shots of yours from the park are nothing short of ASTONISHING!! Wow... just wow.

  23. #3973
    Senior Member otumay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Istanbul, Turkey
    Posts
    1,690
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Matt, your bear series continue to fascinate me, but these are the best of all. You made a beautiful job of conveying the beast's (I mean the bear, not the 200/2) cuteness. Really, this should be what photography is about.
    Best,
    Osman

  24. #3974
    Subscriber Member Corlan F.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,433
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    381

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Wow, you guys've been active the last 24 hours

    Forget the thesaurus: great, great photos.

    Jason: sorry but i have to say that of one your shots leaves me totally unmoved. I let you guess which is it (hint: it's not the last one )


    Jorgen: despite your nice photos -and i readily agree on the quality of the second one notwithstanding your D80 agony... i definitely don't want to be a accounting consultant.


    Steve, all stunners here. The first and last one are top notch in my book. If not resulting from a crippling crop, the bench shot would make a huge, exhibition grade print.


    Matt: the three last bear shots are so lifelike. Dunno what you changed in the processing, but it's very complementary to the former posted series. Here, especially in the first two, the bears remind of some hyper realistic paintings (can't put an artist name on it off hand).

    Re your other photos' processing, i'm not too keen on the Lightzone version... and there's definitely a lot to say about the superb restaurant/ferry boat shot, but i guess i'm late in the duscussion on that one. Maybe you should keep this as an example in order to indulge us some day with a tutorial of some kind. Very smooth resullt, without the usual HDR, kinda overcooked look.

  25. #3975
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    Steve, those shots of yours from the park are nothing short of ASTONISHING!! Wow... just wow.
    Thanks A Lot Lloyd!
    Quote Originally Posted by Corlan F. View Post
    Wow, you guys've been active the last 24 hours






    Steve, all stunners here. The first and last one are top notch in my book. If not resulting from a crippling crop, the bench shot would make a huge, exhibition grade print.


    Aye Carrumba...A Crippling Crop ....Should I Pull It Back A Bit? Thank's C! I Do Appreciate The Help! Lord Knows I Need A Lot Of It!

  26. #3976
    Subscriber Member Corlan F.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,433
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    381

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    Thanks A Lot Lloyd!


    Aye Carrumba...A Crippling Crop ....Should I Pull It Back A Bit? Thank's C! I Do Appreciate The Help! Lord Knows I Need A Lot Of It!
    Sorry Steve, i guess i've been into too much legal stuff lately (well not a lot, but for me even a small dose of legal seems overwhelming ). OK then, i meant it as "if the framing as posted does not result from a large crop of the original take, therefore not leaving enough pixels to allow a large print".

    Or something like that

  27. #3977
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Quote Originally Posted by Corlan F. View Post
    Sorry Steve, i guess i've been into too much legal stuff lately (well not a lot, but for me even a small dose of legal seems overwhelming ). OK then, i meant it as "if the framing as posted does not result from a large crop of the original take, therefore not leaving enough pixels to allow a large print".

    Or something like that
    Aha! Gotcha... Thanks Amigo!

  28. #3978
    Senior Member Jason Muelver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    653
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Steve... Wow!! A 300 VR, huh. Fantastic! I see you shots are realize I just need to get out of the house and shoot more!

    Matt... how did you get a bear to pose. "right claw, up... lil more.. now your head.. tilt down.. eyes up.. BEAUTIFUL!"

    Jørgen... love the lighting on the shots. Was a nice mix of natural light and a couple of strobes??
    http://jasonedwardphoto.com http://jasonmuelver.tumblr.com
    Nikon FX, Leica M8, Mamiya 645, Canon F-1

  29. #3979
    Senior Member Jason Muelver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    653
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    am I thinking of Friday night already?

    http://jasonedwardphoto.com http://jasonmuelver.tumblr.com
    Nikon FX, Leica M8, Mamiya 645, Canon F-1

  30. #3980
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Muelver View Post
    am I thinking of Friday night already?
    Very nicely lit. (Two more, and you'd have lunch ready! )

  31. #3981
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    [QUOTE=Jason Muelver;196606]Steve... Wow!! A 300 VR, huh. Fantastic! I see you shots are realize I just need to get out of the house and shoot more!
    Thanks J.M.!



    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Muelver View Post
    am I thinking of Friday night already?

    Saturday Night For Me! Delicious Shot!

  32. #3982
    Senior Member otumay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Istanbul, Turkey
    Posts
    1,690
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    [QUOTE=shtarka1;196629]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Muelver View Post
    Steve... Wow!! A 300 VR, huh. Fantastic! I see you shots are realize I just need to get out of the house and shoot more!
    Thanks J.M.!





    Saturday Night For Me! Delicious Shot!
    Mouth-watering!
    Osman

  33. #3983
    Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pratamnak
    Posts
    9,343
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2157

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Muelver View Post

    Jørgen... love the lighting on the shots. Was a nice mix of natural light and a couple of strobes??
    No strobes, just windows, but they were large.

    Nice drink. I think I need one. Here, it's almost Friday anyway

  34. #3984
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Playing around with Lightroom 3 Beta 2. I really like the new import dialog... much improved over the previous Beta. And, I'm LOVING the tethered shooting option!!! Just need to find a longer cord, so I'm not so restricted in movement.

    D3, 70-300 VR @ f7.1 ISO 800:

  35. #3985
    Subscriber Member Corlan F.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,433
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    381

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    That's very sweet looking, Lloyd.

    Is the interface much different than ACR/CS4 (which i cordially dislike)?
    And is this photo entirely processed in LR3? In that case it'd be nice to have an idea of what the original looks like. Really like the result.


    Jason: your lightin' is kickin on the coktail shot.
    But just two olives for me, though. Thanks.

  36. #3986
    Senior Member Jason Muelver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    653
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Thanks! One of those nights where my wife went out and I didn't, so I figure I would have some fun experimenting. I wanted condensation on the glass, but it didn't happen. Guess I need to keep trying

    Lloyd, since I don't do studio work, I've never shot tethered. I think I can do that w/ Aperture too. I wondered why they have 20' USB cables. Now I know why. Great shot!
    http://jasonedwardphoto.com http://jasonmuelver.tumblr.com
    Nikon FX, Leica M8, Mamiya 645, Canon F-1

  37. #3987
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Quote Originally Posted by Corlan F. View Post
    That's very sweet looking, Lloyd.

    Is the interface much different than ACR/CS4 (which i cordially dislike)?
    And is this photo entirely processed in LR3? In that case it'd be nice to have an idea of what the original looks like. Really like the result.


    Jason: your lightin' is kickin on the coktail shot.
    But just two olives for me, though. Thanks.
    The interface is somewhat like ACR, but much more flexible and, in my opinion, much more useful. I'd suggest you download the free LR3 Beta 2, and give it a try. Here's the link:http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/lightroom3/

    Here's the unaltered (other than convert to jpg, resize, and sharpen for web; also done in LR3 Beta 2) version. Yes, I made all the adjustments in Lightroom 3 Beta 2

  38. #3988
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Muelver View Post
    Thanks! One of those nights where my wife went out and I didn't, so I figure I would have some fun experimenting. I wanted condensation on the glass, but it didn't happen. Guess I need to keep trying

    Lloyd, since I don't do studio work, I've never shot tethered. I think I can do that w/ Aperture too. I wondered why they have 20' USB cables. Now I know why. Great shot!
    I do some studio work, so it's great for that. But it's also great for location shooting as well. I have used Nikon Capture, but was too cheap to get the new upgrade, as I was hoping LR would come out with that option. I was very tempted by Aperture because of that option (Aperture 3).

  39. #3989
    Senior Member otumay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Istanbul, Turkey
    Posts
    1,690
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Lloyd, both colored and b/w versions have their own subtle beauty.

  40. #3990
    Subscriber Member Corlan F.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,433
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    381

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Thanks Lloyd, useful info.

    Btw (i was harboring my suspicions), the original photo might look even better.
    Say, as least as good an interpretation.

    Very subtle orange tones, and the grey hues in the background are just perfect.

    I'll give a try at LR3 next week
    For some reason C1 Pro 5 is kinda disappointing with the D3X at least on some category of shots, where fortunately NX2 shines results wise (better than with D700/D3 material)... but these larger files make it slow again even on a computting powerhouse. This piece of software is simply not optimized. Maybe, in time...

    Results wise it's definitely good enough, though with the speed issue it makes sense to have a look at some alternatives. Aperture isn't one, ACR/CS4 doesn't have the right profiles or workflow. Maybe LR3 ?

    Well.
    Again, lovely photo & interpretations.

  41. #3991
    Subscriber Member Corlan F.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,433
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    381

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Oh, regarding shooting Nikons tethered: obviously i don't know anything about the new LR3 beta version, but there's a real good cheap SW (on PCthat i use in studio with impeccable results and seamless workflow: NKRemote.

    link http://www.breezesys.com/NKRemote/index.htm

    If LR3 feature works as good as NKR, they might have a customer just for that.


    edit: on second thoughts, looks like the Nikon dedicated version might be only for Windows users, and there'd be an all-purpose verison ("DSLRRemote") for the Mac fellows. Possibly, for once we weendows users would be better off in regard to (photo)graphic SW? Hard to believe...

    (yeahhh)

    Last edited by Corlan F.; 25th March 2010 at 12:03.

  42. #3992
    Senior Member Jason Muelver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    653
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Looking at some oldies... Fell in love with these guys



    And these guys too...

    Last edited by Jason Muelver; 25th March 2010 at 13:50.
    http://jasonedwardphoto.com http://jasonmuelver.tumblr.com
    Nikon FX, Leica M8, Mamiya 645, Canon F-1

  43. #3993
    Senior Member Jason Muelver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    653
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Lloyd... love the PP. That was all dont in LR3? Nice!

    I still haven't splurged on Nik yet. But seeing the conversions a lot of you guys do with it, I'm tempted for sure.
    http://jasonedwardphoto.com http://jasonmuelver.tumblr.com
    Nikon FX, Leica M8, Mamiya 645, Canon F-1

  44. #3994
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Muelver View Post
    Lloyd... love the PP. That was all dont in LR3? Nice!

    I still haven't splurged on Nik yet. But seeing the conversions a lot of you guys do with it, I'm tempted for sure.
    Thanks Jason. Love those wildlife shots. Stellar!

    Yes, completely in LR3 Beta 2, which I just installed yesterday. (except for the color version, which was straight out of the camera.)

    I haven't yet splurged for Nik either, but I am tempted for sure.

  45. #3995
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Steve/Lloyd/Osman: Thanks a lot.

    Steve: I also have the "old" 300mm f/2.8 VR. I used it a lot on my bear trip with the TC-E1.4. Great lens. I hadn't considered schlepping it around the city! Nice move.

    Corlan: Thanks. Not sure that i changed anything in the pp. The photos that I took on that trip vary dramatically in exposure, etc. Occasionally, I got it "right in the camera". I go back and forth with indulging myself with that kind of processing. Lightzone is a very good program. Works quite well with Lightroom and has a broad palette of controls from very subtle to extreme HDR. It's "relight" tool is worth the price.

    Jason: It was fashion-week in Northern British Columbia! Three olives- nice photo.

    Lloyd: Great B & W shot. Do you use the LR3 Beta just for processing the shot and generating a tiff. It's my understanding you can't go backwards to LR2 with catalogues? Will they be readable when the final LR3 comes out? Too many questions! The color shot has a very understated beauty to it.

    Jason: The animal pairs are great. The seal shot is superb. I have a lot of photos of seals sticking their heads out of the water that have no redeeming qualities. That one's exceptional.

    The entire Nik suite of software's worth it (IMHO).

    Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  46. #3996
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post

    Lloyd: Great B & W shot. Do you use the LR3 Beta just for processing the shot and generating a tiff. It's my understanding you can't go backwards to LR2 with catalogues? Will they be readable when the final LR3 comes out? Too many questions! The color shot has a very understated beauty to it.
    Right now I'm just playing around with it. I've processed a couple of shots I thought were worth keeping, and in those cases I did generate a TIFF. However, for now, anything I think is important is processed in one of my regular ways (e.g., LR2, PS4 or C1)

  47. #3997
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Out being my wife's rolling aid station this evening. While she put in a quick 6 miles, I grabbed a few shots.

    D3, 70-300 VR @ 270mm F7.1, ISO400:


    D3, 70-300 VR @ 220mm F7.1, ISO400:


    D3, 70-300 VR @ 170mm F7.1, ISO800:


    D3, 70-300 VR @ 300mm F5.6, ISO400, Chainlink fence:

  48. #3998
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    Right now I'm just playing around with it. I've processed a couple of shots I thought were worth keeping, and in those cases I did generate a TIFF. However, for now, anything I think is important is processed in one of my regular ways (e.g., LR2, PS4 or C1)
    Lloyd: Thanks for the feedback. I am looking forward to LR3. Cheers, Matt.

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  49. #3999
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    Out being my wife's rolling aid station this evening. While she put in a quick 6 miles, I grabbed a few shots.
    Llyod: Great! Are you riding a motorcycle and urging her on? Three more weeks. The close-ups of the weed shots and the ??? (what is that?) are nicely composed with beautiful bokeh. Good IQ from that lens.

    Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  50. #4000
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    A "stall" girl at the Pike Place Market (is that PC?). Cheers, Matt.

    D700; 85mm f/1.4; 1/160s @ f/1.4; ISO 640


    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •