Site Sponsors
Page 99 of 100 FirstFirst ... 49 89 97 98 99 100 LastLast
Results 4,901 to 4,950 of 4957

Thread: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

  1. #4901
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Usually Mondays in Seattle are sunny. Screwed up weather: Sat. and Sunday were sunny. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt

    1. D3s; 50mm f/1.4; 1/400s @ f/10; ISO 320


    2. D3s; 50mm f/1.4; 1/800s @ f/9; ISO 320


    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  2. #4902
    Senior Subscriber Member Steen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Denmark, CPH
    Posts
    2,500
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    12

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    If a D3s can make bad weather look this fascinating I think you have found the right solution on bad weather, Matt.
    Smooth and beautiful tonal rendering. Congratulations with your new high-performance machine.

  3. #4903
    Senior Member otumay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Istanbul, Turkey
    Posts
    1,690
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Quote Originally Posted by Steen View Post
    If a D3s can make bad weather look this fascinating I think you have found the right solution on bad weather, Matt.
    Smooth and beautiful tonal rendering. Congratulations with your new high-performance machine.
    Couldn't express myself better. Matt, wonderful job!

  4. #4904
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Quote Originally Posted by Steen View Post
    If a D3s can make bad weather look this fascinating I think you have found the right solution on bad weather, Matt.
    Smooth and beautiful tonal rendering. Congratulations with your new high-performance machine.
    Quote Originally Posted by otumay View Post
    Couldn't express myself better. Matt, wonderful job!
    Steen/Osman: Thanks. I hope to get some more photos this week. Unfortunately work keeps getting in the way! Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  5. #4905
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Quote Originally Posted by Steen View Post
    If a D3s can make bad weather look this fascinating I think you have found the right solution on bad weather, Matt.
    Smooth and beautiful tonal rendering. Congratulations with your new high-performance machine.
    My jealously continues!! Congrats... looking forward to more.

  6. #4906
    Senior Member Jason Muelver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    653
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    D3S? Did I miss the new addition? I know I've been busy and away for a bit... great captures!!

    Got this one this morning as my Miso was just gazing....


    D3 35-70 @35 2.8 1/25 iso1000
    http://jasonedwardphoto.com http://jasonmuelver.tumblr.com
    Nikon FX, Leica M8, Mamiya 645, Canon F-1

  7. #4907
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Muelver View Post
    D3S? Did I miss the new addition? I know I've been busy and away for a bit... great captures!!

    Got this one this morning as my Miso was just gazing....

    D3 35-70 @35 2.8 1/25 iso1000
    Nice. Great light.

  8. #4908
    Senior Subscriber Member Steen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Denmark, CPH
    Posts
    2,500
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    12

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Majestic

  9. #4909
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Matt, your always one step ahead! Congrats on the new rig & nice first couple!

  10. #4910
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Jason...Fantastic Shot!

  11. #4911
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    My Nephews High School BB Game..

    1.

    2.

    3.

    4.

    5.

    6.

    7.

    8.
    Derek Sanderson Of The Boston Bruins Who Played Next To The Great Bobby Orr.
    D3, 300VR 2.8

  12. #4912
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    My Nephews High School BB Game..

    Derek Sanderson Of The Boston Bruins Who Played Next To The Great Bobby Orr.
    D3, 300VR 2.8
    Wow, wow, wow!!!! Steve, these are freakin' AWESOME!!!!

  13. #4913
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    Wow, wow, wow!!!! Steve, these are freakin' AWESOME!!!!
    Thanks So Much Lloyd!

  14. #4914
    Senior Member Jason Muelver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    653
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Steve... Dayummm.... fantastic stuff. Bruins... Pffffftttt.... :-D
    http://jasonedwardphoto.com http://jasonmuelver.tumblr.com
    Nikon FX, Leica M8, Mamiya 645, Canon F-1

  15. #4915
    Senior Member otumay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Istanbul, Turkey
    Posts
    1,690
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Muelver View Post
    Steve... Dayummm.... fantastic stuff. Bruins... Pffffftttt.... :-D
    Though my English fails me with these exclamations, I somehow sense that they also express my feelings towards Steve's last series
    Fantastic shots and pp, Steve, remarkable!

  16. #4916
    Senior Member Jason Muelver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    653
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Osman... I think you're english is better than mine!!

    I will give you a pass on the Bruins. That's Boston's hockey team. Mine is the Chicago Blackhawks who will soon be raising Lord Stanley's Cup in triumph of global domination :-D
    http://jasonedwardphoto.com http://jasonmuelver.tumblr.com
    Nikon FX, Leica M8, Mamiya 645, Canon F-1

  17. #4917
    Senior Member Jason Muelver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    653
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Steve, I've also heard that if you are using the 300, you should really be using the 400 on an FX camera. I think those shots prove those comments incorrect.
    http://jasonedwardphoto.com http://jasonmuelver.tumblr.com
    Nikon FX, Leica M8, Mamiya 645, Canon F-1

  18. #4918
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    My jealously continues!! Congrats... looking forward to more.
    Lloyd: It keeps me out of real trouble. I'm going to see if i can get some night shots this week. I forgot how good the D3 form felt (even if it is heavier).

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Muelver View Post
    D3S? Did I miss the new addition? I know I've been busy and away for a bit... great captures!!

    Got this one this morning as my Miso was just gazing....


    D3 35-70 @35 2.8 1/25 iso1000
    Jason: Thanks. First post with the new rig. Beautiful photo of Miso (also a great name!).

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    Matt, your always one step ahead! Congrats on the new rig & nice first couple!
    Steve: Thanks. How's your 24mm f/1.4 doing???

    Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  19. #4919
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    My Nephews High School BB Game..

    1.

    4.

    5.

    D3, 300VR 2.8
    Steve: These are very nice! Great composition and PP. The strong B & W really makes the players and background distinct. Well-timed, artful, captures! That's a sweet lens. Thanks for sharing. You Raised the bar again! Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  20. #4920
    Senior Member otumay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Istanbul, Turkey
    Posts
    1,690
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Muelver View Post
    Osman... I think you're english is better than mine!!

    I will give you a pass on the Bruins. That's Boston's hockey team. Mine is the Chicago Blackhawks who will soon be raising Lord Stanley's Cup in triumph of global domination :-D
    Now I see, Jason! Thanks for the explanation. Global domination is also the main topic of discussion in soccer circles here. Too bad my team is finishing third or fourth this year...

  21. #4921
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Muelver View Post
    Steve... Dayummm.... fantastic stuff. Bruins... Pffffftttt.... :-D
    Thanks Very Much Jason!
    Quote Originally Posted by otumay View Post
    Though my English fails me with these exclamations, I somehow sense that they also express my feelings towards Steve's last series
    Fantastic shots and pp, Steve, remarkable!
    Greatly Appreciated Osman!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Muelver View Post
    Steve, I've also heard that if you are using the 300, you should really be using the 400 on an FX camera. I think those shots prove those comments incorrect.
    Thanks Buddy, although i've never heard that one B4!
    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    Steve: These are very nice! Great composition and PP. The strong B & W really makes the players and background distinct. Well-timed, artful, captures! That's a sweet lens. Thanks for sharing. You Raised the bar again! Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
    Thanks Matt! It's Been A While Since I've Done Baseball.

  22. #4922
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    r).



    Steve: Thanks. How's your 24mm f/1.4 doing???

    Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
    It's Absolutely An Amazing Lens! I Must Have Got A Stellar Copy Because Luckily I'm Not Experiencing Some Of The Issues That Some Are Having!

  23. #4923
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    44
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    @Steve - Great work on the B&W. Such a refreshing perspective on sports shooting. Well done.

    @ Jason - Love the lighting on Miso.
    Chris

  24. #4924
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Quote Originally Posted by ibcj View Post
    @Steve - Great work on the B&W. Such a refreshing perspective on sports shooting. Well done.
    Thanks Very Much!

  25. #4925
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    It's Absolutely An Amazing Lens! I Must Have Got A Stellar Copy Because Luckily I'm Not Experiencing Some Of The Issues That Some Are Having!
    Steve: I saw that thread. My new 70-200mm VRII seems great too? But then, i don't know what "centering" is. Still can't find that 24mm lens in stock anywhere?

    Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  26. #4926
    Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pratamnak
    Posts
    9,331
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2157

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Fantastic baseball shots, Steve

  27. #4927
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Quote Originally Posted by Jorgen Udvang View Post
    Fantastic baseball shots, Steve
    Thank You Jorgen!

  28. #4928
    Senior Member Jason Muelver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    653
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    There's a small part of me that is very glad the 24 1.4 is unavailable at this time :-D

    By the way... anyone fire up the new 16-35VR? I'm torn between that and the 17-35 2.8
    http://jasonedwardphoto.com http://jasonmuelver.tumblr.com
    Nikon FX, Leica M8, Mamiya 645, Canon F-1

  29. #4929
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Moscow, Russia
    Posts
    419
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Baseball is something very "external" here in Russia but the shots are just great!

  30. #4930
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Quote Originally Posted by AlexLF View Post
    Baseball is something very "external" here in Russia but the shots are just great!
    Thank You Alex!

  31. #4931
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Muelver View Post
    There's a small part of me that is very glad the 24 1.4 is unavailable at this time :-D

    By the way... anyone fire up the new 16-35VR? I'm torn between that and the 17-35 2.8
    Tomorrow. Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  32. #4932
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Canadian Bald Eagles. An older one trying to chase off two youngsters. Prince Rupert, British Columbia. Cheers, Matt

    1. D300; 300mm f/2.8; 1/1250s @ f/6.3; +1 EV; ISO 800

    2. D300; 300mm f/2.8; 1/1250s @ f/8; +1-1/3 EV; ISO 800


    3. D300; 300mm f/2.8; 1/1250s @ f/7.1; +1-1/3 EV; ISO 800


    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  33. #4933
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Tremendous Set Matt!!!

  34. #4934
    Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pratamnak
    Posts
    9,331
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2157

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Fantastic eagles Matt. Here's my humble contribution, a diesel

    D80 with 80-200 AF-S @ 155mm and f/8.0


  35. #4935
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    Tremendous Set Matt!!!
    Yes indeed!! Great shots!!

  36. #4936
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    44
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    @Matt - Superb captures ! #3 is stellar !!
    Chris

  37. #4937
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Quote Originally Posted by Jorgen Udvang View Post
    Fantastic eagles Matt. Here's my humble contribution, a diesel

    D80 with 80-200 AF-S @ 155mm and f/8.0
    Great detail work, as always, Jorgen.

  38. #4938
    Senior Member Jason Muelver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    653
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Wow, Matt! fantastic!!
    http://jasonedwardphoto.com http://jasonmuelver.tumblr.com
    Nikon FX, Leica M8, Mamiya 645, Canon F-1

  39. #4939
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    3,671
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Jason, I just sent you an e-mail regarding the 16-35mm f4.

    Matt, those Eagle shots are fantastic. We're supposed to have an Eagle breeding ground a couple hours from where I am....but I haven't found it yet....but hope to soon. Wonder what the differences are between the Canadian Bald Eagles vs. the American ones...and please, no cracks about how they play better hockey

    Dave (D&A)

  40. #4940
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Quote Originally Posted by Jorgen Udvang View Post
    Fantastic eagles Matt. Here's my humble contribution, a diesel

    D80 with 80-200 AF-S @ 155mm and f/8.0

    Jorgen: Thanks. Strong graphic design photo! Does toyota sell diesels in Thailand? Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  41. #4941
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Steve/Jorgen/Lloyd/Chris/Jason/Dave: Gentlemen, thank you!

    Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  42. #4942
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Quote Originally Posted by D&A View Post
    Jason, I just sent you an e-mail regarding the 16-35mm f4.

    Matt, those Eagle shots are fantastic. We're supposed to have an Eagle breeding ground a couple hours from where I am....but I haven't found it yet....but hope to soon. Wonder what the differences are between the Canadian Bald Eagles vs. the American ones...and please, no cracks about how they play better hockey

    Dave (D&A)
    Dave: Thanks. In these eagle's case it's about 15 miles, then they'd be in Alaska. No difference. My niece's boys live in Calgary and they'd insist that these are Canadian Bald Eagles. I don't think eagles can play hockey? Cheers, Matt.

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  43. #4943
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Hound and lone eagle. Prince Rupert, BC. Cheers, Matt

    1. D300; 300mm f/2.8; 1/1250s @ f/6.3; +1 EV; ISO 800


    2. D300; 300mm f/2.8; 1/1250s @ f/6.3; +1 EV; ISO 800


    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  44. #4944
    Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pratamnak
    Posts
    9,331
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2157

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    Jorgen: Thanks. Strong graphic design photo! Does toyota sell diesels in Thailand? Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
    Thanks Matt. Toyota doesn't sell many big trucks here, but all Toyota one-ton trucks sold anywhere in the world, even in Japan, are made in Thailand. 60% of all vehicles sold in this country are one-ton trucks. The one in the photo is older though, probably early sixties, but the owner didn't know.

  45. #4945
    Senior Member otumay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Istanbul, Turkey
    Posts
    1,690
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Matt, it's difficult but always a pleasure trying to catch with your excellent output. The first eagle was probably the best shot I've seen for ages! Thank you for sharing.
    Best,
    Osman

  46. #4946
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Moscow, Russia
    Posts
    419
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Some more pics from 9th May (D3x, DC 135/2):






  47. #4947
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    My Office Manager invited my wife and I to a play that she was in. Dress Rehearsal was tonight for "friends and family". I brought my new D3s with the 24-70mm f/2.8. Before it started, the woman who was in the play volunteered my services to photograph it! What the heck. Here's a few of them. My hat's off to people who can photograph plays/rock concerts/etc. Very uneven light! Easy to blow out highlights on one half of the stage and underexposed on the other. Slow shutter speeds and fast movement! The D3s and lens were up to the challenge, even if I wasn't. I shot in aperture priority (f/2.8 mostly) with an auto ISO high of 12,800 and min. shutter speed of 1/50s.

    The play was a raunchy (real raunchy!) burlesque done "Capital Hill" style (Seattle's alternative art/rock/gay neighborhood.. pretty much anything goes... offend everybody). Here's a few of the photos. Critique/hints/advice/camera settings - all appreciated. Cheers, Matt

    1. D3s; 24-70mm f/2.8; 42mm; 1/50s @ f/2.8; ISO 5600


    2. D3s; 24-70mm f/2.8; 70mm; 1/50s @ f/3.5; ISO 5000


    3. D3s; 24-70mm f/2.8; 38mm; 1/50s @ f/3.5; ISO 9000


    4. D3s; 24-70mm f/2.8; 70mm; 1/50s @ f/3.5; ISO 11400


    5. D3s; 24-70mm f/2.8; 62mm; 1/50s @ f/3.5; ISO 11400


    6. D3s; 24-70mm; ISO 6400

    More can be found here:
    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com/p643309537

  48. #4948
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Jorgen: You're welcome. Thanks for the info. I'm hoping for your critique /advice on what i just posted from tonight.

    Quote Originally Posted by otumay View Post
    Matt, it's difficult but always a pleasure trying to catch with your excellent output. The first eagle was probably the best shot I've seen for ages! Thank you for sharing.
    Best,
    Osman
    Osman: Thank you. Much appreciated.

    Quote Originally Posted by AlexLF View Post
    Some more pics from 9th May (D3x, DC 135/2):

    Alex: Excellent photos! The slightly vivid color suits the subjects well. The colors of the Russian Orthodox Church are incredible. It must have been newly painted? Thanks for sharing.

    Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  49. #4949
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    Hound and lone eagle. Prince Rupert, BC. Cheers, Matt

    1. D300; 300mm f/2.8; 1/1250s @ f/6.3; +1 EV; ISO 800


    2. D300; 300mm f/2.8; 1/1250s @ f/6.3; +1 EV; ISO 800


    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexLF View Post
    Some more pics from 9th May (D3x, DC 135/2):




    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    .

    The play was a raunchy (real raunchy!) burlesque done "Capital Hill" style (Seattle's alternative art/rock/gay neighborhood.. pretty much anything goes... offend everybody). Here's a few of the photos. Critique/hints/advice/camera settings - all appreciated. Cheers, Matt

    1. D3s; 24-70mm f/2.8; 42mm; 1/50s @ f/2.8; ISO 5600


    2. D3s; 24-70mm f/2.8; 70mm; 1/50s @ f/3.5; ISO 5000




    5. D3s; 24-70mm f/2.8; 62mm; 1/50s @ f/3.5; ISO 11400


    6. D3s; 24-70mm; ISO 6400

    More can be found here:
    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com/p643309537
    Alex & Matt...Outstanding!

  50. #4950
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

    Quote Originally Posted by Jorgen Udvang View Post
    Fantastic eagles Matt. Here's my humble contribution, a diesel

    D80 with 80-200 AF-S @ 155mm and f/8.0

    Excellent,Jorgen!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •