The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

Lloyd

Thanks guys. That's the 70-200 VR. Pretty wide open. Lately I've been experimenting with using the shutter priority mode and dialing the shutter speed way up until the lens is at max-open aperture. Kinda nice bokeh, eh? It's a monster lens though. And up close, it's easy to misjudge the right spot.
Beautiful bokeh. Interesting. Thanks for sharing the details. This one is really nice. Wonderful light here.

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Could be in the Macro section, but it's also a "fun" one, so...

"Macro A.B.C" or Met Al Bee Capone this morning...

(105VR handheld - just a square crop from raw original)

the larger file :

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Also a "Nikon macro for fun"...

In some -natural- instances, larger, slower vehicules don't have to give way...

(105VR handheld)

the larger file for action details (click twice to enlarge) :) :

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Thanks Lloyd for the kind words. :)

I love this lens and even though it's praised here and there i think it's somehow underrated. It takes a bit of time to tame properly, especially with FF (D700 here) so without the aid of the extra 1.5 factor. These are all hanheld, no fancy lighting ... not even a sunny day!

Here's another one shot in the semi shade on the same assigment, one of my personal favorites:

larger file ( cropped and reduced to fit forum requirements - still hate jpeg though :( ) (click twice to enlarge) :

Last edited:

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Wow! Very nice Corlan! The last one is my favorite, I love the way the little bals make a path up to the bee. And aren't the markings on the little guy incredible? Dangerous looking dude.

Lloyd

I love this lens and even though it's praised here and there i think it's somehow underrated. It takes a bit of time to tame properly, especially with FF (D700 here) so without the aid of the extra 1.5 factor. These are all hanheld, no fancy lighting ... not even a sunny day!

Here's another one shot in the semi shade on the same assigment, one of my personal favorites:
I'm a fan of that lens as well. Also great for portraits.

This is the best of the bunch. Beautifully composed. :thumbup:

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Thanks TR, Jorgen, Lloyd for the nice comments.

Have to say that before suscribing to the forum and posting here i've read extensively the "Hall of Famer" previous 125-page thread over the last month.

Terrific pictures, excellent company.

With the change of topic i realize that i did not pay proper respects.
... Leica77, Lloyd, JohnH, Helen, TRSmith, ddk, Stuart (outstanding landscapes !), Etrigan (latter ballet series are a treat), Viablex with his subtle takes of inner architectural devastations... well every contributors there would deserve a praise.

And of course i happily rejoin the official Jorgen Fan Club, a true magnetizer of small but perfect moments My favorite "perfect moment" being probably the "kite children"... the girl walking in the rain... and so many others.

Kudos to all... and keep the spitit goin' on.

Lloyd

Have to say that before suscribing to the forum and posting here i've read extensively the "Hall of Famer" previous 125-page thread over the last month.

... Leica77, Lloyd, JohnH, Helen, TRSmith, ddk, Stuart (outstanding landscapes !), Etrigan (latter ballet series are a treat), Viablex with his subtle takes of inner architectural devastations... well every contributors there would deserve a praise.

And of course i happily rejoin the official Jorgen Fan Club, a true magnetizer of small but perfect moments My favorite "perfect moment" being probably the "kite children"... the girl walking in the rain... and so many others.

Thank you. Much appreciated... this is definitely a mutual inspiration society. :thumbup:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member

Thank you for your kind words. It's such a great group of photographers that has joined this forum, logging on in the morning to see what has been posted is always a joy :)

Leica 77

Thank you very much, Corlan F for your kind compliments. I agree with Lloyd that " ... this is definitely a mutual inspiration society." What more can I add? All of you are great sources of inspiration! Best wishes, Leica 77 :)

Leica 77

larger file ( cropped and reduced to fit forum requirements - still hate jpeg though :( ) (click twice to enlarge) :
Hello Corlan F,
Your images show finest details, composition, and color quality! Congratulations! Best regards, Leica 77 :)

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Thanks all for the warm welcome. :)

Talking about fun, here's a story from a couple of days ago.

Dinner table and preparation is sometimes inspiring. Can be freaky, too.
Here's what i found on the table while my wife was fixing dinner:

A freudian nightmare ? As told her, this is kinda Hilary-ous :D

A bit later, dinner served. Feel some relief ?
You bet.

btw highly recommended liquid... esp accompanying olive oil + lemon veggies and cold meat.

(just casual pictures grabbing the first camera around - low res jpeg pretty much out of the CF card)