The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Just a couple of flowers from the garden. When I'm lazy/tired, they make easy targets and I get my fix of pressing the shutter and pushing the pixels around. Happy Sunday! Have a great week everyone.

Tim

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Just a couple of flowers from the garden. When I'm lazy/tired, they make easy targets and I get my fix of pressing the shutter and pushing the pixels around. Happy Sunday! Have a great week everyone.

Tim

Hi Tim,
magnificent colors, i'm particularly fond of the first photo with the creamy oof greens contrast. :thumbup:

It was kinda "even more fun" to find these when checking the thread today... as it happens sometimes, here's exactly what i working on and was intended to post here:

And i agree garden flowers are casual, easily available targets for our lazy purposes :)

Leica77 & Jorgen - thanks for the explanations.
(btw the 77 thing was a pun, but you got that. Or did you ?) :rolleyes:

Last edited:
D

ddk

What a fabulous sculpture Leica 77, I'm getting a great idea for my next shoot from it. Seems like you get around a lot, is it for business or pleasure?

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon. Thank you, viablex1. Another Monumental Stone Work in Oslo, Norway. Thank you for looking. Leica 77 :)

Leica 77

What a fabulous sculpture Leica 77, I'm getting a great idea for my next shoot from it. Seems like you get around a lot, is it for business or pleasure?

Hello ddk,
Many thanks for your kind feedback. Your positive comments are much appreciated. I seem to do a fair amount of getting around for both business and pleasure. It is nice to have professional colleagues, relatives, and friends in different parts of the world. Cheers, Leica 77 :)

Leica 77

Hi Tim,
magnificent colors, i'm particularly fond of the first photo with the creamy oof greens contrast. :thumbup:

It was kinda "even more fun" to find these when checking the thread today... as it happens sometimes, here's exactly what i working on and was intended to post here:

And i agree garden flowers are casual, easily available targets for our lazy purposes :)

Leica77 & Jorgen - thanks for the explanations.
(btw the 77 thing was a pun, but you got that. Or did you ?) :rolleyes:
Hello TRSmith and Corlan F.,
Beautiful orange and red flowers! Corlan, yes, I got the pun!!! :) Thanks to "Professor Jorgen" for more history lessons! ;) This Forum has very talented contributors like all of you. Cheers! Leica 77 :)

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
David,
You should really visit the Vigeland Sculpture Park. Gustav Vigeland was a very interesting sculptor, with a style and a fantasy that never seizes to fascinate. I would love to see you real, human flesh version of the Monolith :D

Lovely flowers, Corlan & Smith :thumbup:

Last edited:

viablex1

yes I could look at those flower shots all day very cool has a 3 d quality to it!!!

And Jorden, you are so right!!! Vigeland was an amazing sculptor!!! I love the park!!!!

here are some from detroit DIA!!!!

Leica 77

yes I could look at those flower shots all day very cool has a 3 d quality to it!!!

And Jorden, you are so right!!! Vigeland was an amazing sculptor!!! I love the park!!!!

here are some from detroit DIA!!!!

Hello viablex1,

These images are sharp, clear, and beautiful! Best regards, Leica 77 :)

Lloyd

Wow. Go away for a couple of days, and you could miss some amazing work here. Leica 77, Corlan, Viablex1, Tim... great stuff all.

D

ddk

Warning corporate surfers, this thread contains nudity!

David,
You should really visit the Vigeland Sculpture Park. Gustav Vigeland was a very interesting sculptor, with a style and a fantasy that never seizes to fascinate. I would love to see you real, human flesh version of the Monolith :D
:
My interest is peaked now, I just might do that. Been to Sweden and Denmark many times but never made it to Norway..

A couple of years ago I had an idea for a human wall and found the ideal place with a group of local kids who would have obliged. I arranged a test session with a few of the models to get an idea of some poses and where I was going with it, but after seeing the test shots I decided not to go ahead with project.

Here are the test shots. I realize that with more people I could fill the gaps but even then, things didn't quite gel together properly in mind. At the time w I didn't understand why so I couldn't fix it but now, thanks to Leica 77 I see where I went wrong, and maybe, I'll get another chance of doing it right someday.

D

ddk

Thanks guys but these weren't actual shots of anything, I was just trying out some different poses for the arrangement of the group on the rock face which in the end I didn't like.

Leica 77

Wow. Go away for a couple of days, and you could miss some amazing work here. Leica 77, Corlan, Viablex1, Tim... great stuff all.
Hello Lloyd,
Many thanks for your continued support and encouragement. As usual, we have been having lots of fun. It's great to have occasional lessons in history from Jorgen as well ... All the best, Leica 77 :)

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Thanks all for the kind comments. :)

Viablex- superb and original color rendition, as always.
Two questions, one artistic and one on the technical side:
- who's the painter ? For some reason i can't recall the name, the one which i'm getting stuck with is Diego Rivera...
- would still have the exif details especially for the last two pictures ?
Thanks!

ddk- your preliminary tests are indeed stunningly close to the Vigeland spirit, even into the convergence of flesh and rock, the postures... and both of you definitely possess this gift for "compelling yet somehow unsettling" form of art. Way to go.

Leica 77

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon. Here is an image for our vintage automobile enthusiasts. Recorded in Oslo, Norway. Adobe Photoshop. Thank you for looking. Leica 77 :)

Leica 77

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon. One more image from Vigeland Sculpture Park in Oslo, Norway. Adobe Photoshop. Thank you for looking. Leica 77 :)