The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

wayne_s

Jorgen,

Great creative cheese shot!
My cholesterol rose a few points just looking at it! ;)

Leica77,
Very nice shots of Oslo. Must have been a great trip.
May I ask a dumb question about why the wooden house is on stilts?

Leica 77

Here are a few from today's outing to the Maine Maritime Museum. We have guests and wanted to show them something of the State's heritage. I'm afraid I sometimes get caught up in the details.
Hello TRSmith,
Very nice details! Your guests must have enjoyed looking at the fine museum exhibits. Best wishes, Leica 77 :)

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Here are a few from today's outing to the Maine Maritime Museum. We have guests and wanted to show them something of the State's heritage. I'm afraid I sometimes get caught up in the details.
Tim, these photos are great they reflect the soft yet defined texture quality of the various aged material -not to mention the focus, bokeh and composition in the last two. Very nice.

P.S. just for the sake of argument, you might have considered to compose the rudder shot a bit more to the right, for extra angle dynamics... but maybe it was not possible. Or maybe you've chosen a more static view on purpose in accordance with the museum athmosphere. Thinking out loud... (i do that a lot when i really like a picture simply i usually keep quiet - on this one the captured ambient light is super) :)

Last edited:

Leica 77

Jorgen,

Great creative cheese shot!
My cholesterol rose a few points just looking at it! ;)

Leica77,
Very nice shots of Oslo. Must have been a great trip.
May I ask a dumb question about why the wooden house is on stilts?
Hello wayne_s,
Many thanks for your kind comments. The wooden structure called "stabbur or stabur" in Norwegian is raised from the ground to protect the contents (e.g., food items) from vermin and moisture (snow in winter). Best regards, Leica 77 :)

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
P.S. just for the sake of argument, you might have considered to compose the rudder shot a bit more to the right, for extra angle dynamics... but maybe it was not possible. Or maybe you've chosen a more static view on purpose in accordance with the museum athmosphere. Thinking out loud... (i do that a lot when i really like a picture simply i usually keep quiet - on this one the captured ambient light is super) :)
Thanks Leica77!

And Corlan, you're probably right about a better angle. I find that I often succumb to an odd form of peer awareness when I'm photographing in a group. I become more self-conscious and perhaps more aware of the rest of the people I'm with. It tends to make my choices rushed and my willingness to explore becomes truncated. It's not something I've been very good at overcoming. Generally, my answer is to go out with my camera on my own, but today was more of a social event than a serious shooting event. Still, lovely old boats from a few bygone era. I think I'll go back. And thanks for your encouragement. :thumbup:

Lloyd

Nice. Beautiful images. Love the details.

Leica 77

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon. Nikon D300 + AF Nikkor 18-200mm VR Lens. Seacraft Modern and Traditional. Fiji Lagoon, South Pacific. Thank you for looking. Leica 77 :)

Leica 77

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon. Seacraft Traditional and Modern. Fiji Lagoon, South Pacific. Thank you for looking. Leica 77 :)

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Stunning photos, Leica77. I love the composition of the first one. The colors of the South Pacific are wonderful and the water looks crystal clear.

Leica 77

Stunning photos, Leica77. I love the composition of the first one. The colors of the South Pacific are wonderful and the water looks crystal clear.
Great to receive your positive comments, Cindy! The blue lagoon of the South Pacific is our natural treasure. Best wishes, Leica 77 :)

Leica 77

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon. Seacraft Modern and Traditional. One more image from the blue lagoon in Fiji, South Pacific. Thank you for looking. Leica 77 :)

Leica 77

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon. Nikon D300 + AF Nikkor 18-200mm VR Lens. Three Portraits. Tonga, South Pacific. Thank you for looking. Leica 77 :)

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Nice portraits Leica77! I think my favorite is the last one. This is in spite of my own personal preference for a little "air" around a portrait.

As for old things, here's a plane I've posted before (a long time ago), but thought you might enjoy it. It's a beautifully restored De Havilland Beaver. Circa 1943. It was such a blast to be in.

Tim

Leica 77

Nice portraits Leica77! I think my favorite is the last one. This is in spite of my own personal preference for a little "air" around a portrait.

As for old things, here's a plane I've posted before (a long time ago), but thought you might enjoy it. It's a beautifully restored De Havilland Beaver. Circa 1943. It was such a blast to be in.

Tim
Wow, it's a beautifully restored De Havilland Beaver, TRSmith! The paint on the aircraft looks pretty nice. All the best, Leica 77 :)

Lloyd

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon. Seacraft Modern and Traditional. One more image from the blue lagoon in Fiji, South Pacific. Thank you for looking. Leica 77 :)

This series is beautiful. A place I'd love to see, but I'm fairly certain I'll never have that opportunity. Thanks for allowing me this vicarious opportunity.

Lloyd

Tim
Wow. That's a stunning plane, and beautifully photographed.