The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

woodyspedden

Speaking of the D3X, here is a shot I personally really like. I find it somewhat different than most takes of the Slot Antelope Canyons.

This shot is taken in the upper canyon where you are most likely to get the light shafts. Most I have seen are more focused beams which are beautiful. But I really liked the larger twisting beam with the dust particles.

This was taken during the Northern Arizona workshop from GetDpi. This was my second "shop" (first was the inaugeral Yosemite "shop") and I have loved both. I think that each successive workshop gets better as Guy and Jack further discover how to teach these sometimes complex subjects.

Anyway, if you haven't been on a GetDPI shop, you owe it to yourself to do so. You will become a much better photographer as a result

JMHO

Woody

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
I like the dust falling too! For all the shots of that scene, that's the first time I've seen that.

Leica 77

It's very hot and hazy today. I spotted this kid at the local pond explaining some real-world string theory to his mom. ;)
Hello TRSmith,
It's a very interesting image. I hope the boy's mom will get the real-world string theory! All the best, Leica 77 :)

Leica 77

Speaking of the D3X, here is a shot I personally really like. I find it somewhat different than most takes of the Slot Antelope Canyons.

This shot is taken in the upper canyon where you are most likely to get the light shafts. Most I have seen are more focused beams which are beautiful. But I really liked the larger twisting beam with the dust particles.

This was taken during the Northern Arizona workshop from GetDpi. This was my second "shop" (first was the inaugeral Yosemite "shop") and I have loved both. I think that each successive workshop gets better as Guy and Jack further discover how to teach these sometimes complex subjects.

Anyway, if you haven't been on a GetDPI shop, you owe it to yourself to do so. You will become a much better photographer as a result

JMHO

Woody
Hello Woody,
It's a fantastic shot! All the best, Leica 77 :)

Leica 77

Thanks you for your comments. The first pic is 16th century church. And the second one is Red Square.

As to walking in the places - as usual people want more! :) I wish I could go somewhere outside Moscow but ... I have a beautiful 3 months old daughter so the real beauty to photograph is when she's smiling! :) And I don't object to stay home for one more year :)

Here's one of thouthands pics of her - here's smiling to her grand-grand-mother:

Hello AlexLF,
It is a beautiful image of your family. I agree with Lloyd that these images will become so much more precious as time passes. Cheers! Leica 77 :)

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I would like your comments on the following with regard to the processing. I sent this to a friend and was told in reply that it was too contrasty and the white of the t-shirt was blown out. I'm beginning to question my monitor calibration and would like to hear from you specifically about your take on the processing. I'm completely aware of all the negatives associated with tobacco, so please ignore that if you can. And thank you!
I like this, and the tones in the T-shirt look perfect to me.

Alex, very cute baby pic. Nice atmosphere.

Woody, I've sometimes been wondering if there's only one spot to take photos at Antelope Canyon. Most photos taken there look like variations over the same theme. Very happy to see that there's at least one more, and the falling dust really adds to the photo.

David K

Workshop Member
Nice shooting guys. That Red Square shot is great Alex. Woody, really love that capture, I'd print it and hang it on the wall if it were mine.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Thanks Jorgen. And this last train shot is my favorite. The woman's expression is wonderful and I like how the verticals work in the oof area behind her face.

Leica 77

I'm afraid I have to bore you with yet another "out-of-the-window-train-photo".

S5 with 70-300 ED @ 122mm and f/7.1

Hello Jorgen,
Your "out-of-the-window-train-photo" series is wonderful. The girl and the bokeh in the background seem to match and balance well. Cheers! Leica 77 :)

woodyspedden

Nice shooting guys. That Red Square shot is great Alex. Woody, really love that capture, I'd print it and hang it on the wall if it were mine.
Thanks Dr. K and all others who took the time to critique this image.

David I have already printed it at 22x30" and it is lovely. You have to see the final print to fully realize the power of this image and the quality of the D3X files with the Zeiss ZF 28mm.

Woody

Lloyd

JMHO

Woody
That is a great one, Woody. Nice to see a little different take on AC.