The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

Leica 77

Oscar Sevilla of Spain, leads his countryman and Rock Racing teammate, Francisco Mancebo, into the headwind up the final climb of today's Stage One of The Tour of Utah. At this point the first chasers are about 15 seconds back, and the main pack another 25 seconds in arrears. Sevilla and Mancebo held on to their lead over the final 15km, and crossed the finish line together. Mancebo was awarded the stage win.

D300; 200-400/f4 @ 4.5:
Hello Lloyd,
It's another fantastic image! The background bokeh is very beautiful! All the best, Leica 77 :)

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
That's a great cycling shot Lloyd. I have a different reaction to the oof area in the background though. Everyone's preference is different of course, but I find the chrome jigglies to be a bit distracting. No offense. :eek:

Lloyd

That's a great cycling shot Lloyd. I have a different reaction to the oof area in the background though. Everyone's preference is different of course, but I find the chrome jigglies to be a bit distracting. No offense. :eek:
None taken, Tim. Usually this lens produces silky smooth bokeh. I think the heat shimmers (is that a term) may be causing the effect. It was sweltering, and you can see the reflections of the riders on the blacktop. This shot, taken a few seconds earlier shows it even more. All I did was resize and slight sharpening for the web.

Leica 77

None taken, Tim. Usually this lens produces silky smooth bokeh. I think the heat shimmers (is that a term) may be causing the effect. It was sweltering, and you can see the reflections of the riders on the blacktop. This shot, taken a few seconds earlier shows it even more. All I did was resize and slight sharpening for the web.

Hello Lloyd,
The mirage-like effects on the cyclists in the background are certainly different and quite pleasing. All the best, Leica 77 :)

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member

Lloyd, this one is great, and better than the other. Here, you can really see the drama developing (and their faces too).

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Of course! The heat shimmer makes perfect sense. Now that you mention it, it does look hot. Looks like a tough ride!

routlaw

Oscar Sevilla of Spain, leads his countryman and Rock Racing teammate, Francisco Mancebo, into the headwind up the final climb of today's Stage One of The Tour of Utah. At this point the first chasers are about 15 seconds back, and the main pack another 25 seconds in arrears. Sevilla and Mancebo held on to their lead over the final 15km, and crossed the finish line together. Mancebo was awarded the stage win.
Nice work Lloyd! Man that looks like some hot weather down there. What part of UT does this race take place in?

And what a great batch of new images lately from everyone. Been to busy to chime in lately.

Rob

Lloyd

Nice work Lloyd! Man that looks like some hot weather down there. What part of UT does this race take place in?

And what a great batch of new images lately from everyone. Been to busy to chime in lately.

Rob
Thanks Rob. The race takes place in northern Utah. Today's stage started in Ogden, went through the mountains and ended in Salt Lake City. The "Queen Stage" is on Saturday. Starts in Park City, goes through the mountains, and ends at Snowbird in Little Cottonwood Canyon. Over 12,000 feet of climbing in 97 miles. Easily rivals any of the mountain stages of the Tour de France.

routlaw

Thanks Rob. The race takes place in northern Utah. Today's stage started in Ogden, went through the mountains and ended in Salt Lake City. The "Queen Stage" is on Saturday. Starts in Park City, goes through the mountains, and ends at Snowbird in Little Cottonwood Canyon. Over 12,000 feet of climbing in 97 miles. Easily rivals any of the mountain stages of the Tour de France.
Indeed that is quite the ride on Saturday, not that the rest of it is a slouch either. Sounds like you got your weekend planned out for photography. :thumbs:

Got a show of sorts coming up shortly at the Sundance Ranch in the area, and had thought about coming down this weekend for a quick trip... might postpone now though it would be fun to watch/photograph part of the race however.

Rob

D

ddk

When things get tough, the tough make abstracts. Just kidding, got bored last night and made this little graphic from a shot by the pond.

Beautiful treatment Tim, works really well! This is the kind of image which is very sellable in large quantities...