The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Wide angle close focus with Sigma 10-20mmD f/4-5.6
wish it were a 10mm prime ... :angel:

Nikon D300 • Sigma 10-20mmD f/4-5.6

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Bondo: I really like the second one. They seem alert, almost as if they noticed you taking their picture!

Here's a little summer color down by the little fishway in town.

Lloyd

Great stuff. Impressive results with that lens. Does it work on Full Frame?

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Nice, Bondo. #3 is my favorite.
Matt, You are really uncovering some unique finds.
Tim, I like the inky blues. This one would make a beautiful print.

Leica 77

Hello bondo,
Your beautiful images of sunflowers reminded me of the photos taken by David Douglas Duncan, one of the foremost American photojournalists of our time. DDD used both Nikon and Leica cameras and his photos graced the cover of Life Magazine on a number of issues. All the best, Leica 77 :)

viablex1

those sunflowers are great!!! thanks CIndy, how about some more with that mamiya. have you ever tried the 35mm??

Leica 77

Two from the weekend in Door County, Wisconsin. The lighthouse dates from 1868. The gallery is a non-profit featuring local artists. The entire gallery building is adorned in "graffiti".

Fuji S5 and 17-55 f/2.8

Hello Cindy Flood,
These are great images. I really like the gallery building. Nice exposures! All the best, Leica 77 :)

Leica 77

Bondo: I really like the second one. They seem alert, almost as if they noticed you taking their picture!

Here's a little summer color down by the little fishway in town.
Hello TRSmith,
I agree with Cindy Flood that the inky blue is very nice. All the best, Leica 77 :)

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Gosh! You folks make me blush. Viablex, Tim, Lloyd, Cindy, Leica 77, and Jorgen - lots of thanks to all of you for your encouraging comments. You are far too kind.

And Lloyd, unfortunately the Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6 is only an APS-C image circle lens.
Dare we hope for a new Nikon 14mm FX prime in a not too distant future ... :angel:
Here's what the Sigma 10-20 f/4-5.6 looks like, mounted on a D300.

Captured with Nikon D50 • Nikon AF-S 1.4/50mm G • 1/10 sec. at f/8 ISO 200