The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

Lloyd

Nay, Corlan. I'm not attempting to defend either one or put one above the next. Just celebrating the fact that there are so many different and great tools available with which to approach the craft. As far as I'm concerned they all have something excellent to offer and I've seen beautiful examples of what they can do right here on this forum. My "fan loyalty" stops with the UCONN Huskies college basketball team. Beyond that, it's a terrific buffet and endlessly tasty.
Amen. From a brother in arms. :thumbs:

Lloyd

Tim- this pond image makes me think of your previous abstract work posted earlier this summer. I've mentionned that i've been working on some parrallel stuff for an upcoming exhibition project along abstract paintings. There's two series, here's a couple from the one based on "colors of Nature":

(practically no PP)
Beautiful series. Love to see more. When/where is your exhibition.

Last edited:

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Beautiful series. Love to see more. When/where is you exhibition.
Hi Lloyd -thanks for the support :)
Locations are Paris area then Brussels, as said above we're kinda waiting for the last paintings delivery (late, late, late) so dates TBD.

Lloyd

Hi Lloyd -thanks for the support :)
Locations are Paris area then Brussels, as said above we're kinda waiting for the last paintings delivery (late, late, late) so dates TBD.
Wish I could attend whenever, certain to be a good one. Best of luck with all the preparations, and the exhibition. :salute:

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Arne, those D2X shots (post # 1012) are so good. Perfect product image. And a beautiful dreamy painting-like wallhanger.
Do you still have that great 'old APS-C monster machine' as well, from 'the long gone days of lower ISO' ?
I like its sparkling colours as well as the well exposed rendering of white in the food shot.

And Jorgen, I also love that Barber Shop picture (post # 1010) from your good ol' S3.

Here's one from another 'old' camera, a D50. The Nile, Egypt, by night.

Nikon D50 • Nikon AF-S 18-70mm • 30 sec. at f/8 ISO 200

Lloyd

Arne, those D2X shots (post # 1012) are so good. Perfect product image. And a beautiful dreamy painting-like wallhanger.
Do you still have that great 'old APS-C monster machine' as well, from 'the long gone days of lower ISO' ?
I like its sparkling colours as well as the well exposed rendering of white in the food shot.

And Jorgen, I also love that Barber Shop picture (post # 1010) from your good ol' S3.

Here's one from another 'old' camera, a D50. The Nile, Egypt, by night.

Nikon D50 • Nikon AF-S 18-70mm • 30 sec. at f/8 ISO 200
Wow. :bugeyes: That's a stunner!

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
This thread is too fast for an old man like me... you guys never sleep?

Your architecture gets increasingly interesting, Alex. Please keep on.

Bondo, beautiful Egypt photo.

Lloyd

Another organic experiment. 40 layers later... it still needs work! What a blast though.
You've got it going, Tim. I remember a night (back in the day) when a certain lava lamp got to looking something like that after a while. :angel: Who? Me?

Lloyd

From this morning's trail run. All this will be ablaze with color within a couple of weeks. 4-shot Pano:

Leica 77

From this morning's trail run. All this will be ablaze with color within a couple of weeks. 4-shot Pano:

Hi My Friend Lloyd,
This is a beautiful four-shot pano. I shall look forward to the autumn colors in a couple of weeks! I am taking a little break from the Nikon thread at the moment and experimenting with the fine art of "Bokehgraphy" with Keith, Rafael, Michiel, Vivek and others. All the best to you! Leica 77 :)

Lloyd

Hi My Friend Lloyd,
This is a beautiful four-shot pano. I shall look forward to the autumn colors in a couple of weeks! I am taking a little break from the Nikon thread at the moment and experimenting with the fine art of "Bokehgraphy" with Keith, Rafael, Michiel, Vivek and others. All the best to you! Leica 77 :)
Thanks for the visit and comment, my friend. Always appreciated.