The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

Lloyd

Simply one the best images seen here.

(i might vote for a tad less contrast processing, but my monitor can be incriminated)
Thanks, I'm honored. I agree about the processing. I'm still playing with it.

Here's the color version:

And another from the same afternoon:

simonclivehughes

Simon - fantastic sceneries.
Seconding Tim though, i'm under the impression that the extra (somehow artificial?) processing might not serve some of these outstanding photos, the clouds in particular.
Corlan,

I understand completely that you may not care for the treatment. At some point, I may redo this series with a very different PP approach, but for now, I'm enamoured with the artificiality of the process. What can I say, I like what I like (for now at least)! :toocool:

Best,

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
There are at least 30,000 temples in Thailand. That's one for each 2,000 citizen, and as of today, there's one more, with the groundbreaking ceremony completed in the middle of a very a muddy rice field.

S5 with 80-200 AF-S @ 165mm and f/3.2

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Thanks, I'm honored. I agree about the processing. I'm still playing with it.

Here's the color version:
It's equally impressive, very nice color processing.
The BW version with its added mystery and serenity still has my -slight- preference.

... I wish I could say I saw this tree one day and planned to go back when the light was just right, etc., but the truth is I was with my brother-in-law and my three nephews Geocaching near Lethbridge, Alberta. I brought the camera along to take pix of the kids. We were walking back to the car, and I saw the shadow. "F8 and be there."
On the other it's very possibly what makes it such a great shot. And for sure all the more commendable.

Simon- of course, just sharing impressions here :)

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Jorgen, this is full of life and details.
They're all so focused on their immediate task -even though some seems to be enticed sparing some extra-attention for you ;)

P.S. the camera hanging from the official wrist's nice touch... or some paradoxical anachronism depending on how one's looking at it.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Holy cow Alex! You have to stop posting stuff from that D3x. I want it. And an M9, and, and... whew. Very nice.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Ok, this is taken with a Nikon, so I guess it qualifies. It's from 1981 and taken with (I think) the F3 I still have. It was a slide that I scanned this morning for the heck of it. Made it B&W. A genuine oldie.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Ok, this is taken with a Nikon, so I guess it qualifies. It's from 1981 and taken with (I think) the F3 I still have. It was a slide that I scanned this morning for the heck of it. Made it B&W. A genuine oldie.
Very cool photo, Tim.

Seems like all this talk about ultimate corner sharpness is somewhat exaggerated :)

Lloyd

Great shot, Tim. I really like this as a b/w. (BTW, I still have, and even occasionally use an F3 I purchased in 1981.)