The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

Lloyd

Went with my brother and a couple of his friends for a couple of hours on the river this morning. I fished for a while, but most shot pix of them. WE happened to hit a Caddis hatch, and the fishing was hot as firecracker for a while.

D300; 70-200/2.8 VR:

D300; 10.5/2.8 Fisheye:

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Very cool photo, Tim.

Seems like all this talk about ultimate corner sharpness is somewhat exaggerated :)
It certainly feels that way to me sometimes. Not that there's anything wrong with sharp corners. :)

Great shot, Tim. I really like this as a b/w. (BTW, I still have, and even occasionally use an F3 I purchased in 1981.)
It still feels like a pro camera doesn't it? And hey, good to know there's another geezer like me on the forum!

Lloyd

It certainly feels that way to me sometimes. Not that there's anything wrong with sharp corners. :)

It still feels like a pro camera doesn't it? And hey, good to know there's another geezer like me on the forum!
Yes, it really does... and yes, I really am. :angry:

Lloyd

Now you really are breaking my heart! Looks like a great stretch of water--very fishy. Nice fish and nice photos!
Thanks. My brother is an Orvis guide (as are his friends). In his spare time, he's a college professor... has to have something to do in the off season. :)

viablex1

Went with my brother and a couple of his friends for a couple of hours on the river this morning. I fished for a while, but most shot pix of them. WE happened to hit a Caddis hatch, and the fishing was hot as firecracker for a while.

D300; 70-200/2.8 VR:

D300; 10.5/2.8 Fisheye:

very very cool!!!

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
You had me going for a minute there. Nice. :thumbup:
;)
I'm not much of a fishing guy, but your pictures makes one wanting to get his feet wet... btw you definitely live in a splendid area.

Simon- looks like your lovers would need more dedication than mine and learn to carve stone :)

Very intense, Jorgen.

Lloyd

;)
I'm not much of a fishing guy, but your pictures makes one wanting to get his feet wet... btw you definitely live in a splendid area.
I'm not that much of a fisherman anymore either, but I do love to go out. Shooting pix was enough for me... I probably fished for 25% of the time we where there. These guys I was with are artists with a flyrod, and it was fun just to watch.

AlexLF

Thank you all for the responses.

Jorgen, you're very right about PP - actually, it's bad (but it looked ok when I was posting it last late evening ;) ). So I'm reworking the pic later today.

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Overcast weather yesterday... this is a couple of hours before nightfall. The clouds layers shaped into an peculiar light structure.

(no luminosity correction or PP except for the obvious -global- color adjustment)

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
From 30 minutes before, even skies, very little light, same settings (21mm @2.8)

(vignetting corrected on this one)