The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

Arne Hvaring

Just got a new Nikkor. Well, it looks like new, but it's the next to last version of the classic 105/2,5 whose optical design remained unchanged from 1972 until the production ceased. Not quite the stellar quality that Bjørn Rørslett claims, but still very good. Here's a shot to evaluate bokeh and colour.

Last edited:

Lloyd

Just got a new Nikkor. Well, it looks like new, but it's the next to last version of the classic 105/2,5 whose optical design remained unchanged from 1972 until the production ceased. Not quite the stellar quality that Bjørn Rørslett claims, but still very good. Here's a shot to evaluate bokeh and colour.
Beautiful shot, Arne. I love that lens... bought mine in 1980, and still have it today.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
I was inspired by Arne's beautiful shot. I remembered I own the same lens and decided to try it. Unfortunately, it's raining today. But that's one nice thing about the D2Xs, I feel pretty comfortable in moderate weather. I was also amazed at how much lighter the lens is than my more modern Nikon zooms. I think I'll use this lens more often. Thanks Arne!

Lloyd

I was inspired by Arne's beautiful shot. I remembered I own the same lens and decided to try it. Unfortunately, it's raining today. But that's one nice thing about the D2Xs, I feel pretty comfortable in moderate weather. I was also amazed at how much lighter the lens is than my more modern Nikon zooms. I think I'll use this lens more often. Thanks Arne!
Wow... yes, please do use it often. :bugeyes:

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Wow... yes, please do use it often. :bugeyes:
Thanks Lloyd! A couple more from my rainy walk. I really have to try and get off the property and out amongst some people! Leaves and flowers are starting to get to me.

The last rose, with the 105 at f2.5. Leaves are at maybe 5.6.

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Your leaf shots are beautiful, Tim.
And the Nikkor 2.5/105 seems to be an excellent optic, even wide open. I think it has always had a very good reputation among those owning it.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Thank you Bondo. I tend to forget about it, and it sits on the shelf. On the smaller sensor in my Nikon it's a bit longer than I remember, but still a contender after 25+ years.