The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Carlos- this is extremely nice. (CV lens?)
btw re C1 v5 the light treatment is improved, colours are right on, though for now i have some reservations for details (not critical in your image). I'll have to post a comparaison with NX2 in this regard.

Alex- missed the photo above, it's a super original composition :thumbup:

Tim- peachy indeed!

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
everything is quiet

Steen, another keeper. These subtle shades of brown have a smooth yet textured feel.

(alternative title: what's "the weight of light?" :confused:) :)

edit:
a small question after looking at the larger file: did you turn on the CA correction in NX2?
Dunno this lens but it seems it can be improved in PP on this criteria.

AlexLF

Carlos- this is extremely nice. (CV lens?)
btw re C1 v5 the light treatment is improved, colours are right on, though for now i have some reservations for details (not critical in your image). I'll have to post a comparaison with NX2 in this regard.

Alex- missed the photo above, it's a super original composition :thumbup:

Tim- peachy indeed!
Thank you, Corlan! I guess we just have to see things differently sometimes.

etrigan63

I agree. Your post couldn't be more timely, as I was experimenting pp with C1 v4.8.3 on D2x files and was about to reach the same conclusion.
Your photos are beautiful, 'Little Isabela' and 'World beyond a book' being my favorites.

Best,
Osman
Thank you Osman, you are too kind.

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Lots of thanks to you all, Matt, Tim, Corlan, Lloyd, Jorgen, and Alex ...

@ Matt: Much appreciated, and coming from you ! I mean, after all you are the one who has taught me everything I know about viablexography. I'm glad I passed :D

@ Tim: Exactly, it's all about the light, just like with your recent beautiful leaf shots :thumbup:

@ Corlan: You were absolutely right, Mr. Hawkeye, there was obviously some reddish color fringing at the lower edge of the light from the vindow.
I always start the post processing in Capture NX (v.1) by removing the Auto Color Aberration and the Noise Reduction as well, it has become a habit, maybe a bad habit.
I usually do very little post processing, I'm either too lazy, too much of a purist, or more likely too ignorant with regards to post processing.
Now I have activated the Auto Color Aberration plus the D2Xmode3 Picture Control, and uploaded the files again. Definitely an improvement, thanks Corlan :)

@ Alex: In that case I have finally reached my goal, that's as high as I can get. Now I can quit photography with peace in my mind ... :D

Last edited:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I have moved. To the opposite side of the building, and up from third to sixth floor. But since none of you will ever see this, here's a photo of the view from the balcony. The lack of light is due to the time of day. Or night.

D80 with Tamron 17-50mm @ 17mm and f/2.8