The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Fun picture. Went to a website called tiltshiftmaker.com. You upload a JPEG and then it will convert it online into a pseudo tilt/shift image making the scene look like a diorama. Pretty neat and free!
Very cool Carlos! I've done some of those too. It's dead simple to do yourself in photoshop. A simple gradient mask in the center of focus, then blur the other parts of the image, boost the saturation and contrast, and bingo! You've got yourself a little mini-world.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Thanks Lloyd and Bondo. I must wrap my head around the coming season. It seems to come quicker every year!

Lloyd

Fun picture. Went to a website called tiltshiftmaker.com. You upload a JPEG and then it will convert it online into a pseudo tilt/shift image making the scene look like a diorama. Pretty neat and free!
Free is good, especially when the result is so nice.:thumbup:

AlexLF

Just beauty I should say! The site did a good job too :)

m_driscoll

'North to Alaska...'

AlexLF: Nice snowfall shots. The light is wonderful.

A container ship on it's way past Prince Rupert, BC. Nothing in that direction, but Alaska (Ketchikan, Juneau, Anchorage)

Backlit and a struggle to process. This is a faux HDR developed from one image in Photomatrix Pro (five "exposures" created in ACR (+4, +2, 0, -2, -4)) and then processed in Lightzone. The foreground's perhaps a little light. I'd like to get enough definition in the cargo ship to make it recognizable. I'll try again tonight. Cheers.

D300; 28mm f/1.4; 1/60s @ f/2.5; ISO 400

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Lloyd

Re: 'North to Alaska...'

AlexLF: Nice snowfall shots. The light is wonderful.

A container ship on it's way past Prince Rupert, BC. Nothing in that direction, but Alaska (Ketchikan, Juneau, Anchorage)

Backlit and a struggle to process. This is a faux HDR developed from one image in Photomatrix Pro (five "exposures" created in ACR (+4, +2, 0, -2, -4)) and then processed in Lightzone. The foreground's perhaps a little light. I'd like to get enough definition in the cargo ship to make it recognizable. I'll try again tonight. Cheers.

D300; 28mm f/1.4; 1/60s @ f/2.5; ISO 400

Whatever you did, Matt, this is simply stunning.

otumay

Matt, that shot is beautiful. It reminded me of Puerto Natales in Patagonia. We rarely have that soulful light in the Mediterranean.
Best,
Osman

otumay

Matt, it's striking that the two locations have nearly the same parallel bearings, albeit on different hemispheres. I was there around November, so that would make the season equivalent to May on your side. Just for fun, here are two shots I've made nine years ago (analog, of course).
Best,
Osman

etrigan63

Just beauty I should say! The site did a good job too :)
Thanks Alex! I am trying to recreate the effect in-camera with a Lensbaby Composer I was just sent for review. I may have to wait for the Optic Swap kit to arrive this week, but for now I have done stuff like this:

Lloyd

Thanks Alex! I am trying to recreate the effect in-camera with a Lensbaby Composer I was just sent for review. I may have to wait for the Optic Swap kit to arrive this week, but for now I have done stuff like this:
Very nice, Carlos. I've really enjoyed my Lensbaby. (I've had 3 versions, the original, the second, and now the composer. No comparison, the Composer is far and away the best of the bunch.)

etrigan63

Thanks Lloyd. What gets me is the contrast and the sharpness (or lack thereof). The lens goes from "shave a cat" sharp to psychedelic blur in the same shot. It's quite a bit of fun to master and the rest of the Optic Swap Kit has a lot of potential. What gets me is changing the aperture by removing/adding washers to the front of the lens. Definitely a methodical lens.

m_driscoll

Matt, it's striking that the two locations have nearly the same parallel bearings, albeit on different hemispheres. I was there around November, so that would make the season equivalent to May on your side. Just for fun, here are two shots I've made nine years ago (analog, of course).
Best,
Osman
Osman,

Thanks for posting these photos. I see what you mean about the quality of the light. I'd love to go there. Cheers.