The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Been a bit detached lately. Work and other disturbances are killing me :(

Here's a couple from Bekkelaget Church in Oslo:

D80 with Tamron 17-50mm @ 17mm and f/2.8
WB is a bit off on this one, but I kind of like it that way.

D80 with Nikkor 85mm @ f/2.2

Lloyd

Been a bit detached lately. Work and other disturbances are killing me :(

Here's a couple from Bekkelaget Church in Oslo:

D80 with Tamron 17-50mm @ 17mm and f/2.8
WB is a bit off on this one, but I kind of like it that way.
I like the warmth here as well. Very nice, very inviting. Hope you recover soon. :)

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Very nice. A little confusing, though. Is that a pier with a mini-cruise ship on the near side and a skyscaper ship on the other? Cheers.
Ummm... the "mini-cruise ship" is the Royal Yacht, and belongs to His Majesty King Harald of Norway It was a gift to his grandfather from the people of Norway, and acquired in 1947. Originally, it was built for Sir Thomas Sopwith as a mother-ship for his sailing yachts during his attempts to win the America's Cup. It was built by Camper and Nicholson and launched in 1937.

The ship in the background is the DFDS (De Forenede Dambskib Selskaber) ferry between Oslo and Copenhagen. The building in the forest to the left is the Ekeberg Restaurant, one of the best kept functionalistic style buildings in Oslo, and with a beautiful view over the city and the Oslo Fjord.

Edit: The name of the "pier", which is actually solid land, is Vippetangen.

m_driscoll

Jorgen,

Thanks for the info. "Funkis" architecture. I assumed that is was modernist movement. I didn't know that it was that prevalent in Norway (Wikipedia, again). My mother's mother was from Bergen. I've never been to Norway. Maybe, someday. Cheers.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com