The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

m_driscoll

"Jolly" Boats

I know they're not really jolly boats; but, they do look happy. Not sure which version I like better. Taken at Prince Rupert, BC. Thanks for any c & c. Cheers.

1. D3; 7-24mm f/2.8; 24mm; 1/40s @ f/22; +1/3 EV; ISO 800

2. D3; 7-24mm f/2.8; 24mm; 1/40s @ f/22; +1/3 EV; ISO 800

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

otumay

Lloyd, beautiful portrait of your son.
Matt, your Prince Rupert shots are otherworldly.
This thread is wonderful!
Osman

Lloyd

Thank you Osman.

I think I could go either way on those shots, Matt. I do like the color in the fog, however. Adds a little mystery the that b/w lacks. And I'm a huge fan of b/w.

aboudd

This was my favorite assignment for 2009. Absolutely one of the coolest buildings in Washington, D.C. The building, America Square, is near the Capitol. It is comprised of two older sections, one built in the 1930's the second in the '50s and the new section built last year. The interior catwalks connect the original building with offices in the new space.

Last edited:

Lloyd

This was my favorite assignment for 2009. Absolutely one of the coolest buildings in Washington, D.C. The building, America Square, is near the Capitol. It is comprised of two older sections, one built in the 1930's the second in the '50s and the new section built last year. The interior catwalks connect the original building with offices in the new space.
Wonderful work, Aboud. Interesting and creative way to connect the two older sections.

Lloyd

This is a disappointed face. We had planned to run a "Turkey Trot" this morning, and what made it even more important/special was that our daughter-in-law was going to run it with us... her first ever 5K. Her family was in town for Thanksgiving, and her brother planned to run it with her as well. Unfortunately, when we arrived this morning we discovered that we had the dates wrong, and the race had all ready occurred. Oops.

(Happy Thanksgiving to all... especially those of you in the States.)

D3, 70-200/2.8 VRII @ f2.8 1/750, ISO 400

D

ddk

This is a disappointed face. We had planned to run a "Turkey Trot" this morning, and what made it even more important/special was that our daughter-in-law was going to run it with us... her first ever 5K. Her family was in town for Thanksgiving, and her brother planned to run it with her as well. Unfortunately, when we arrived this morning we discovered that we had the dates wrong, and the race had all ready occurred. Oops.
(Happy Thanksgiving to all... especially those of you in the States.)
Sad face or not a beautiful portrait of a beautiful lady...

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Beautiful portrait, Lloyd.

I've created a new thread for some of my photos on "Images to share!" instead of here. I don't know if there's any official policy about this, but this morning it seems logical to post single shots on this thread and themed photos on a separate thread over there, just in case members other than Nikon shooters are interested.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
To honor the King of Thailand, one week before his birthday, hundreds of Harley-Davidson motorbikes paraded through Bangkok this morning. Quite a spectacle.

S5 with 80-200 AF-S @ 200mm and f/5.0

leif e

Matt! Those post-industrial pictures of yours are amouning to something classical and important!
Lloyd! Great portrait again!

leif e

Joint venture on the having a good time-front (not sharp)
D200, Nikkor 2,0/24 AIS

Last edited:

Lloyd

Thanksgiving weekend here in the US. I find I have much to be thankful for, including the inspiration I get here on GetDPI. Thanks to all of you.

D300, 17-55/2.8

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
To honor the King of Thailand, one week before his birthday, hundreds of Harley-Davidson motorbikes paraded through Bangkok this morning. Quite a spectacle.

S5 with 80-200 AF-S @ 200mm and f/5.0

]
Fun one indeed.
Including the irony of the... Honda (?) guy idle at the photo left hand top corner. :thumbup:

Leif -sounds like quite an active moment... :)

Lloyd... yummy!

leif e

Lloyd! Looks good. We don´t celebrate Thanksgiving around here - at least not the way you do. Still; I´m preparing an elk steak for dinner tonight. I did not shoot the big rascal myself (the gods forbid:D). The guilty party is the owner of a certain female, called Trixie. We got the meat as an in-direct thanks to Rulle (the bold male you see in above picture with my younger daughter) and his fathering of one (probably two, come New Year) litters of puppies. :) Guess we all have our talents.:D
leif e