The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

m_driscoll

Terrific stuff, Matt. Don't need stealth sometimes, when the extra focal length means you don't have to be up in peoples faces. Glad to see you're happy with the purchase. I know I certainly am.
Lloyd: I'm very happy with it! There's a D3s in the rental dept. at Glazer's in Seattle. I'm going to see if I could get it for some night/low light shots. It'll be interesting to see how this lens does. And, thanks for the comment.

Jorgen/Otumay: thanks for the comments.

Cheers,

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

one of the good things hanging around celebrities with a camera (and authorization): you never know when some shots might turn out as valuable(!) keepers. OTOH it means you basically have to keep all shots from all sessions, guess in your case it tranlates into stacks of TBs...

Nice semi-stealth series. :thumbup:

Btw did you try a vertical crop on #3 & 4 ? It seems to work extremely well...
Corlan F: Thanks, and I did #4. I'll look at #3 again. Cheers.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Today is His Majesty the King of Thailand’s 82nd birthday. There have been celebrations all over the country from early in the morning. Here's a student choir singing at Sanam Luang in Bangkok during sunrise.

S5 with Tamron 17-50 @ 36mm and f/5.6

JohnH

Hi John. Actually, it's the "Broad's Fork Twins", which is the next major peak south of Mt. Olympus. It's the most prominent, westerly peak between Big Cottonwood Canyon and Little Cottonwood Canyon. The East "Twin" isn't visible from the angle of this shot, which was taken from my front porch.

As for snow, we haven't had much here yet either. Looks like it's coming next week... I hope so, we'll need the water next summer for sure.
Lloyd,

It looked familiar and it has been a few years since I was there. I managed to hike to the top of Mt Olympus a couple of times, tremendous views.

I hope you enjoy the snow - I miss the powder.

Cheers,

John

Lloyd

Lloyd,

It looked familiar and it has been a few years since I was there. I managed to hike to the top of Mt Olympus a couple of times, tremendous views.

I hope you enjoy the snow - I miss the powder.

Cheers,

John
Thanks John. It's snowed a trace today, with more predicted for 5 out of the next 7 days. Looking forward to some skiing. :)

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Thanks guys. Yesterday, I went to the beach, and there was some competition going on. Looked like fun, but it's probably safer behind the camera :)
Those guys move fast, and framing a shot when they move parallel to the beach is hard work, particularly with the TC.

S5 with Nikkor 300mm f/4.0 AF and Tamron 1.4x TC @ f/8.0

S5 with Nikkor 300mm f/4.0 AF @ f/5.0

Last edited:

Lloyd

Thanks guys. Yesterday, I went to the beach, and there was some competition going on. Looked like fun, but it's probably safer behind the camera :)
Those guys move fast, and framing a shot when they move parallel to the beach is hard work, particularly with the TC.
Wow. Nice! I really like the spray coming up on that second one.

fultonpics

make sure you wear a mask before attempting this.

Last night at Shark's game (shot with inferior 70-200 vr1 at ice level; iso 2500):

Lloyd

Shot this for some friends, and made this version for them to use as a Christmas card, on which we added text on the left.

D3, 28-70/2.8:

fultonpics

Jorgen

i use a very cheap (as in cheapest) filter. i had a baseball hit it last year and with pliers was able to remove what was left of the filter and slap a new one on. no, you do not want to buy my used lenses....