The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

m_driscoll

Hard to keep up!

Jorgen: 1. Rent controlled housing in a Landmark above the Lava Lounge. Visited by the police once a week and right across from my office. 2. Is that arch in Cambodia? Laos? North Vietnam (no, that one didn't decay away)? Very cool. There's a surplus statue of Lenin (brought from Russia) in Seattle's Fremont Neighborhood. Perhaps an EBAY business opportunity? The arches could be garden gates, or, entry gates to boutique cattle ranches.

shtarka1: Beautiful photographs. Interesting lenses on the D700.

viablex1: Two more great, albeit creepy, photos.

Lloyd: Beautiful B & W photo. The very subtle selective color adds just the right softening touch.

Thanks everybody for posting. Cheers.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

These young ladies were fun to photograph and listen to (BTW I always feed the tip jar). Cheers.

1. D700; 70-200mm VRII; 122mm; 1/80s @ f/2.8; ISO 320

2. D700; 70-200mm VRII; 70mm; 1/100s @ f/2.8; ISO 320

3. D700; 70-200mm VRII; 70mm; 1/125s @ f/2.8; ISO 320

4. D700; 70-200mm VRII; 150mm; 1/100s @ f/2.8; ISO 320

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
2. Is that arch in Cambodia? Laos? North Vietnam (no, that one didn't decay away)? Very cool.
The arch is in Vientiane, Laos. Communism as such isn't decaying much there, although they've allowed other beers than Beer Lao. Not that they can compete, Beer Lao is one of the best beers anywhere, but at least the backpackers can get Heineken with their pizza, so that they don't have to try the local tastes. That would be too much, wouldn't it?

Lloyd

These young ladies were fun to photograph and listen to (BTW I always feed the tip jar). Cheers.

3. D700; 70-200mm VRII; 70mm; 1/125s @ f/2.8; ISO 320

4. D700; 70-200mm VRII; 150mm; 1/100s @ f/2.8; ISO 320
These are great, Matt... especially these two... cracking! :thumbup:

fultonpics

matt,

some amazing shots there. sure glad i am poor and only can afford my version 1 of the 70-200. that new one you have is tempting!!

shtarka1

Looks like an interesting story there. Love what you're doing with that amazing lens... and your b/w processing is sweet!! :salute:
Thanks Lloyd!

shtarka1: " Beautiful photographs. Interesting lenses on the D700."

Thanks Matt! Great set there also!!!

Lloyd

One from the archives. From a series I did called "Not in Kansas Anymore".

D300, 17-55/2.8; couple of sb-800s on either side.

shtarka1

Impressive... on a number of levels. Photographic, physical, etc. Very nice indeed.

How did they do in the competition?
Thank You Lloyd. Ron did not place in the contest but he was in the best shape of his life & was happy with all the hard work that he put into it.

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Lots of super stuff on this page, again.

Super cool street candids...
Matt the singers look indeed joyful and fun to watch.

Mark, your guy with the flowers is priceless, you definitely captured a moment.
Btw, in the muscle section, now we know why carrying around all those big lenses is no problem.

:)lecture: though incidentally you'll surely admit that your dog shot on prev page clearly shows a number of lens-related issues... but you're lucky, as stated prior i happen to entertain a lens-retiring service at moderate costs. Happy to help) :angel:
:deadhorse:

Lloyd, your portrait of Little Aria is not only superb but touching.
All the best to her :)