The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

Lloyd

That looks serious, and reminds me of a very disturbing moment a few days ago, when I called the restaurant of my father's (and my) favourite chef the other day, to book a table for Christmas Eve:

José, with his mild French accent: I'm afraid you can't reserve a table on Christmas Eve. We're closed.

Me: But Norwegians celebrate Christmas on Christmas Eve. How can you be closed?

José: So do the French. That's the reason why we are closed.

Me: Silence.

So we have to struggle through seven courses at the Swiss guy's place instead. Lloyd, I'll send you a friendly thought while we navigate our way from Amuse Bouche to Crepes Jubilées. Cheers :toocool:
You're a pal, Jorgen. Many thanks.
:rolleyes:

m_driscoll

Like the bear shots very much, Matt, they're very tri-dimensionnal.

(technical note -and interrogation- the first time i looked at them it was on IE8 the second time today on Firefox. For some reason the 3D effect is much more dramatic with the latter... doesn't seem related to color profiling (IE not compliant)... go figure)
Corlan F: Thanks. I'm viewing them on Safari. I'll have to check them out on IE8. I've used the adjustment brush in Lightroom2 and desaturated (-10) the green backgrounds. It seems to make the bears standout a bit. Cheers.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

Mi Piace Cafe

Our favorite espresso stand closed this summer. This is the "closing" party. We'd been going there for 20+ years. Owned by sisters and our friends. Sad. I processed them all in Lightzone. Thanks for looking. Cheers.

1. D700; 14-24mm f/2.8; 14mm; 1/750s @ f/13; ISO 560

2. D700; 14-24mm f/2.8; 19mm; 1/125s @ f/5.6; ISO 560

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Lloyd

Re: Mi Piace Cafe

Our favorite espresso stand closed this summer. This is the "closing" party. We'd been going there for 20+ years. Owned by sisters and our friends. Sad. I processed them all in Lightzone. Thanks for looking. Cheers.
I'm sorry to hear about this as well. Too many unique, local places, with their wonderful character and personality have given way to the chains. Knock someone out cold and take them to any major mall in the country. When they wake up, they'll probably have no idea where they are... all the stores are the same.

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Re: Mi Piace Cafe

I'm sorry to hear about this as well. Too many unique, local places, with their wonderful character and personality have given way to the chains. Knock someone out cold and take them to any major mall in the country. When they wake up, they'll probably have no idea where they are... all the stores are the same.
And everyday it's more and more of the same, worldwide... pity.

Last edited:

shtarka1

Corlan, nice tone,contrast & composition! Love the simplicity of the 2nd one! The wire gives it a nice perspective!