The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

shtarka1

Wow Steve. Great series. I love the moments you caught here. That second one in particular. And those ring babes... well, er, :bugeyes: you know.. just sayin'! :D
Must admit im addicted to the fight game! Growing up in Brockton,Mass I delivered papers to Marvelous Marvin Hagler as a kid & also know Rocky Marcianos brother & nephew's. Boxed & wrestled a bit too. Thanks Lloyd!
My sons are big into MMA. I know they're watching the Pay-per-View tonight. My oldest teaches Karate and jiujitsu.
That's cool Lloyd! I fell asleep at 8:30 last night & then woke up at 10 & bought the pay-per -view as there were 2 guy's from Brockton fighting on the card (they both lost). :mad::)
Looks good, Steve, particularly the b&w ones.
Thanks Jorgen! Your last set was Awesome!!
Steve: Great sociocultural documentation. Cheers.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Thanks Matt!

Viablex1..."oh heck yes!!!! Rampage is a great fighter!!! I hope rashad wins tonight!!! "
Im with ya on this one,Rashad is such a Gentleman outside the ring! He did get lucky last night with the win! I think Rampage would beat him. I hope im wrong! Thanks!!

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Here is a quick shot of the bride getting ready from a wedding I shot yesterday...
Hey Jason, nice to see you join the gang here and behold some of your work after discussions on technical aspects. :)

This first one's excellent, love the composition! :thumbup:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Huh wait, where's our King of the Tracks' gone? :confused:
And the Man of the Machine? :(
The robots are taking over, Corlan, the end of humanity as we know it is near. There are drivers, but I am not sure they are alive. Our purpose for the future will be to serve the robots :eek:

Very nice shot, Jason.

Beautiful and colourful as usual, Carlos, but I wonder; do you sharpen for web? I use USM 80-120/0.2-0.5/0 for web-sized images. Photos tend to look less sharp when size is reduced this much.

shtarka1

Jason, nice selective focus! Beautiful image!

Carlos...Excellent series!

Life & Death...

D700, Zf 100, Zf 35 :)

Lloyd

Jason, nice selective focus! Beautiful image!

Carlos...Excellent series!

Life & Death...

D700, Zf 100, Zf 35 :)
Interesting contrast Steve. That first shot is simply breathtaking. I'm impressed by the clarity of that second shot, and the bokeh. Good stuff.

Lloyd

A friend my wife knows through triathlon asked me to shoot some bridals (I didn't even know she had a daughter that age!). Turns out she wants some, as she puts it, "Cover Girl" looking shots. So last night, my ever-patient wife was good enough to stand in for some lighting tests.

D300, 17-55/2.8 @ f11, 1/250, ISO 200:

Lloyd

Classy,Natural Beauty, Lloyd! Whats the lighting setup?
Thanks Steve. Background is a 60" OctoBox, lit with a Photogenic 1250 DR at 22 WS. Mimi is lit from directly in front, with two Potogenic 1250 DRs, each @ 22 WS, the upper one has a 22" Mola beauty dish, and the lower a 40x40cm softbox. Those are arranged in a "clam shell" configuration and set at the same power for 1:1 lighting ratio. I shot from between the two front lights. There is also a white wall to her left. I think I could have used a reflector on her right, as there is a little fall off on that side.