The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Thanks guys.

Very innovative sunset, Steve :thumbup:

I kind of like this one, so here's one more. Naomichi "Joe" Ozaki, waiting at the 18th green after Thongchai Jaidee has retaken the lead over Henrik Stenson by scoring a birdie at the 17th.

D80 with Nikkor 300mm f/4.0 @ f/4.0

m_driscoll

Thanks for the kind comments on "dem bears".

Jorgen: That's probably why i got rid of the Sigma. I'm spoiled by fixed length zooms. Your golf shots are really very good!

Steve: Beautiful flowers. The color and light's stunning. Nice catch on the reflection

Matt V: The B & W of the first statue is incredible. The dynamic range, as Corlan noted is "serious".

Jason: Nicely seen. Is a street lamp creating the shadow.

Cheers,

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Thank you, Corlan. The whole exercise reminded me a lot about art school, where I had to sit for a whole day every week, sketching ancient sculptures. It was boring as.... you know what, but one obviously learns something by sitting there, copying the old masters, trying to find the best perspective in a crowded museum or gallery.

One thing I experienced during the tournament, is that good physical health helps a lot (All those hours in the gym paid off, once again :) ). It helps giving the strength to hold the camera for another few seconds or minutes, in case an interesting situation or motive appears out of the blue, and it helps towards the end of the day, when at hole 15, most of the photographers take the shortcut to 18, to rest while they wait for the final outcome.

Here's the last golf image from this tournament; Henrik Stenson preparing for his final put at hole 18, a put he eventually sunk, winning the hole, making his match a tie and giving the European team the victory with a one point margin.
So the moral of the fable is that you should never underestimate the profits of a classical education... or physical training.

And beyond, maybe the true moral is that how much boring or even pointless one may find it at the time, serious training will serve you in the long term. :lecture:

(darn, i should have paid better attention when i was younger) :cry: :rolleyes:

Love the final put (nice name for a video btw ;)) and Ozaki-san photos. Great IQ and context!

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Steve: Nice ride. A little car lust...and now pasta.

1. D700; 50mm f/1.4; 1/200s @f/1.4; ISO 320
Super nice light and focus! :thumbup:

Steve- all three shots are excellent, the first one though plays in the Rolling Stone material category!

Osman, i like the second shot here a lot. Delicate, subtle hues despite the late day contrasty light. The portrait is excellent, too. Would that one deserve a tad more pop? :)

shtarka1

Thank You Corlan.

Osman, what a Beautiful Woman & Lovely Expression!
The second image has very nice lines,light & composition!!